MAH4546
Topic Author

AeroSur To Cuiaba, Brazil

Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:42 am

AeroSur just keeps on expanding internationally. They will begin flights to Cuiaba, Brazil from Santa Cruz, operating three times a week starting in March, and timed to connect to AeroSur's Miami and Madrid flight:

http://www.diariodecuiaba.com.br/detalhe.php?cod=304003
(link in Portuguese)

Ever since adding Miami and Madrid in 2005, AeroSur has aggressively entered markets that have largely been ignored by international carriers. They have launched flights to Asunción, Paraguay and Salta, Argentina, and in addition to Cuiaba, plan on launching flights in 2008 to Arequipa and Iquitos, both in Peru. Most services are timed to connect to Madrid and Miami flights to offer easy connections.
a.

RE: AeroSur To Cuiaba, Brazil

Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:20 pm

Don´t forget this flight was operated in the past by LB when it was still administered (or "disministered?) by Vasp.

5L should in my opinion however work hard on their terrible scheduling within Bolivia prior to expanding abroad. It get´s difficult to fly on time with them - and the schedules are not very comfortable either.

On the other hand I also congratulate 5L which are growing and taking up the spaces left by LB.

Many routes are still to be flown (which LB used to fly).

In Bolivia surprises are possible soon. Supposedly Aerolineas Sudamericanas is ready to start flying (still missing some certifications) and a government-start-up Boliviana de Aviación is also to start soon. Meanwhile TAM (Transportes Aereos Militares) are snatching some pax on inland routes with BAE 146's, whereas AeroCon is working hard on regional routes and seemingly with success - just as Amaszonas is having.

Interesting fact too, AeroSur (5L) started a joint-venture operation with Líneas Aéreas Canedo to fly CBB/Uyuni/CBB. Uyuni is one of the worlds largest salt plains, and the airport terminal available is made of salt bricks. This flight is being operated with a DC-3. In the past I flew it with a CV540 if I recall correctly.

While 5L also operates an A330 (Air Comet) MAD/VVI/MAD, the Global Jet L1011 used in the past by LB for also VVI/MAD/VVI still stands at the apron at VVI.

Most of the LB fleet is at CBB... waiting for the hopefull turnback of operations of LB which day-by-day seem to be more difficult or impossible.

AR385

Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:30 pm

Sorry, but I wonder why would anyone fly to Cuiaba...The place is a dump, worthless

Brasuca

Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:11 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 2):
Sorry, but I wonder why would anyone fly to Cuiaba...The place is a dump, worthless

I wonder why someone from Cuiaba would fly AeroSur to Europe and the US since they have better options (CGB-GRU-> MIA / MAD) with better airlines (JJ, RG, IB, AA...).
CGB is an important capital for agricultural industry.
Varig, Varig, Varig

MAH4546
Topic Author

Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:13 am

Quoting Brasuca (Reply 3):

I wonder why someone from Cuiaba would fly AeroSur to Europe and the US since they have better options (CGB-GRU-> MIA / MAD) with better airlines (JJ, RG, IB, AA...).
CGB is an important capital for agricultural industry.

Because "better" is entirely subjective. If somebody finds AeroSur's service and prices to be "better" than others, they will choose AeroSur.
a.

gte439u

Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:46 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 2):

I've been to Cuiaba for both business and tourism. It is experiencing a resource-based economic boom.

Tourism: it is an excellent jumping off point for the Pantanal.

Business: Cuiaba is an important agricultural centre in Brazil, especially for soya, which is being exports to Chinese markets. You'll find most major agri-business from Brazil, North America, and Europe will have at least some business in Cuiaba and the state of Mato Grosso.

Finally, please don't make judgment calls such as calling a city a 'dump' - it does nothing to improve the already childish dialogue on this forum.

AR385

Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:47 am

Quoting Gte439u (Reply 5):
Finally, please don't make judgment calls such as calling a city a 'dump' - it does nothing to improve the already childish dialogue on this forum.

When I was there, it was a dump. If your experience was different, good for you. And since this is a free forum, don't tell me what can I say or not.

Brasuca

Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:57 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 4):
Because "better" is entirely subjective. If somebody finds AeroSur's service and prices to be "better" than others, they will choose AeroSur.

Well...
TAM and VARIG-GOL: mileage programme, more frequencies thus more options, widely well recognised brand... All these prerogatives are crucial for rating AeroSur a better choice or not.
The subjectiveness in this case lies in the once-in-a-year travellers looking for a deal from CGB.
Varig, Varig, Varig

incitatus

Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:32 pm

Another new transborder route (Ok, Ecuador and Brazil don't share a border!) is TAME from Ecuador recently announced it will fly to Manaus.
Stop pop up ads

SBBRTech

Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:25 pm

Quoting AR385 (Reply 2):

I don't like it either, but i'm sure that since you are from Mexico you know a lot about "dump/worthless" cities.

[Edited 2007-11-28 11:26:47]
"I'm beginning to get the hang of this flying business" - C3PO

gte439u

Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:06 pm

Quoting SBBRTech (Reply 9):
Quoting AR385 (Reply 2):

I don't like it either, but i'm sure that since you are from Mexico you know a lot about "dump/worthless" cities.

LMAO!!!!

SJOtoLIR

Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:25 am

Quoting 123 (Reply 1):
Meanwhile TAM (Transportes Aereos Militares) are snatching some pax on inland routes with BAE 146's

PZ TAM Mercosur is operating daily a system concerning to ASU-EZE-MVD-EZE-ASU-CBB-VVI-ASU-EZE-ASU with Fokker 100.
On the other hand, the thrice weekly service given by 5L ASU-VVI as well as the 5L EZE-VVI do not fit to allow immediate connections to CBB once in Santa Cruz de la Sierra.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"

AR385

Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:07 am

Quoting SBBRTech (Reply 9):
don't like it either, but i'm sure that since you are from Mexico you know a lot about "dump/worthless" cities.

I do, just as many as there are in Brazil