N270FT
Topic Author

Easyjet Itroduce SpeedyBoarding Plus

Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:20 am

Did a search, but couldn't find anything. I just got an email from Easyjet:

Thanks for booking your flight * with us and including our Speedy Boarding service. That's great news for us. Now some great news for you! To celebrate the launch of our Speedy Boarding Plus! service, we're upgrading you to try it for yourself for free!

Speedy Boarding Plus! still allows you to be among the first called to board your flight, but as an added benefit also gives you use of a dedicated check-in area. It offers you a new level of customer experience and is available now at many of our airports.

Visit our website for full details and availability of Speedy Boarding Plus!

It seems that it costs 6.00GBP per one way flight.

What do you think? Is it worth it?

AW

[Edited 2007-12-13 03:21:14]

jwmd123

RE: Easyjet Itroduce SpeedyBoarding Plus

Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:03 pm

So you either pay for Speedy Boarding or Speedy Boarding plus.

Does this not make a mockery of Speeding Boarding with a new "plus" product.

Another way to bleed a few more pounds from travellers

Strathpeffer

Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:18 pm

I'd much rather they solved the problem of Speedy Boarding by bus.

In my first (and only) experience we were first on the bus, hustled down to the back, the bus filled up and then we were last on the plane - that makes a bigger mockery of the Speedy Boarding product!  Yeah sure

PJ
Another Technical Problem?

sevenair

Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:25 pm

I tought they would move away from encouraging airport checkin. A good proportion I assume who use airport checkin (non self serve) will be checking in bags. So a triple whammy of extracharges : bags/speedy boarding/speedy boarding plus. Surely the airline would make a packet of those who are using all three of these services! It's nice to have a choice I guess. And it may attract those who think flying easyJet, is, well, 'common'. Having their dedicated checkin area, priority boarding and like may make the change to easyJet easier for those who are used to the GT service from LGW.

GT4EZY

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:07 pm

At the end of the day, if we all were willing to pay going rates for flights (which the current market doesn't want to pay) easyjet etc wouldn't have to make up their profit with ancilliaries such as this. Easyjet are a low cost airline and atleast here you have the choice of 'upgrading'.

True, the likes of BA are becoming more competitive with their fares but look at BA LGW...it takes it's toll. Also, look at BA flights operated by GT ex MAN where fares to PFO can be as low as £130 Return inc taxes! No wonder this is a BACON onboard service.
Proud to fly from Manchester!

express1

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:15 pm

Quoting N270FT (Thread starter):
What do you think? Is it worth it?

I didn't get that when i booked our flights to Warsaw 2 weeks ago,but then if i did,i wouldn't pay for that service as we pay enough for our flights as it is.

dave
David.S cavanagh since 1961,if you can do better,then show me.

Ned Kelly

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:44 pm

Do Easyjet have a limit per flight on the numbers of pax's that they sell speedyboarding & speedyboarding plus to? On a recent flight it appeared as if almost everone paid the extra for it, which defeated the object.

sevenair

Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:52 pm

Actually, the price is not too bad. £6 pp each way. I think this is cheaper than some of the old Speedy Boarding routes. This was LGW-GLA. Jetbridged flights are normally more expensive for SB. However, only £6 for SB+ is not too bad, especially from LGW where a lot of EZY flights are jetbridged!

N270FT
Topic Author

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:56 pm

This is for a one way flight to HAM from LTN on the 31st Jan. It is also my first flight on Easyjet. I think that is a nice gesture for them to upgrade me to speedy boarding plus.

AW

HBIHLtoEZE

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:20 pm

yeah, nice.

Next thing is Easy superplus boarding : a limousine picking you up at the gate...

then mega plus: massage for free...

etc...

why not introduce assigned seats?

cheers  Wink
Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos