B752OS
Topic Author

Official New England Aviation Thread #2

Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:21 am

I thought it would be time to start a new thread and pick up where ChrisNH had started with the first thread.

BOS is on pace for a record year through Oct, the airport has seen 23,922,922 passengers which is up over 1.7% over the previous record year of 2000 (I compared oct 2007 and oct 2007 ytd statistics). That may not seem like a lot, but it goes to show how Logan has recovered post 9/11.

A little bit father up north, PWM is on a tear. They have posted at least 9.2% of better growth for every month (January-October) which is incredible.

You can find the traffic statistics for New England airports here http://travelnewenglandnewspapers.com/ANEGraph.html

Another development out of Logan is that IB will expand serviceand make their current 5 x weekly BOS-MAD flight daily which is a good sign the route has been doing well.

MHT has seen some good growth over the past few months as well.

jawake

RE: Official New England Aviation Thread #2

Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:40 pm

I think the biggest news out of MHT at the moment is the open position of Airport Director. I thought it was being filled by someone out of PVD, but I maybe wrong. There is nothing on MHT website. Does anyone have any news on the vacancy at MHT?

airbazar

Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:05 pm

Given the the largest carriers at BOS have been reducing service (DL, AA, US), to what can we attribute this growth?
Surely B6 alone cannot account for all that growth, or can it? How about international traffic growth? Does anyone have the numbers?
On a related notes, take a look at this? Boston To Beijing flights looking up

Rcardinale

Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:18 pm

Carriers have been adding flights left and right DL has probably made up for the flts they have dropped with their new PHL flights and others. B6 has contributed largely to the traffic numbers. Other airlines like Flyglobespan and IB have increased international pax numbers greatly. Finally we have exceeded 9/11 numbers!!!

B752OS
Topic Author

Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:29 pm

Quoting Airbazar (Reply 2):
Given the the largest carriers at BOS have been reducing service (DL, AA, US), to what can we attribute this growth?
Surely B6 alone cannot account for all that growth, or can it? How about international traffic growth? Does anyone have the numbers?
On a related notes, take a look at this?

Europe and Middle East traffic through August is up over 4%

The Massport website shows a breakdown of numbers, but the problem is, is that it doesn't show how many pax are flying to Asia for example, it seems they only have numbers for the destinations that are served with service.

KPWMSpotter

Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:49 pm

Quoting Jawake (Reply 1):
I think the biggest news out of MHT at the moment is the open position of Airport Director.

It's gone almost un-noticed around here, but PWM is also lacking a key management position at the moment. Earlier this year Jeff Bourk (the asst. airport manager who holds a good deal of the credit for negotiating JetBlue and AirTran service) absconded off to the new Branson airport in Missouri. The city of Portland's website currently has "Assistant Airport Director" listed in their help wanted section, right next to "Aquatic Programmers" and "Crossing Guards"...
I reject your reality and substitute my own...

PVD757

Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:29 pm

Quoting Jawake (Reply 1):
I think the biggest news out of MHT at the moment is the open position of Airport Director. I thought it was being filled by someone out of PVD, but I maybe wrong. There is nothing on MHT website. Does anyone have any news on the vacancy at MHT?

Mark Brewer, the current President & CEO of the Rhode Island Airport Corporation will become the new head of MHT in the next week or two. PVD is supposedly searching for a replacement.

jawake

Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:58 pm

Quoting PVD757 (Reply 6):
Mark Brewer, the current President & CEO of the Rhode Island Airport Corporation will become the new head of MHT in the next week or two. PVD is supposedly searching for a replacement.

Thanks PVD757,that was who I was thinking of, does anyone know if that is confirmed? I remember hearing that it had to be approved by the city of Manchester.

I mentioned this because I would be interested in what Mark Brewer might bring to MHT as far as vision and future business opportunities. We all know MHT would like some West Coast Service, or at least to places like DEN, SLC or DFW. I wonder if he would be able to get it done.

PVD757

Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:51 pm

Quoting Jawake (Reply 7):
does anyone know if that is confirmed?

Quoting PVD757 (Reply 6):
will become the new head of MHT in the next week or two.

yes, it's finalized.

kc135topboom

Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:04 pm

Quoting Jawake (Reply 7):
We all know MHT would like some West Coast Service, or at least to places like DEN, SLC or DFW. I wonder if he would be able to get it done.

I'll bet WN begins DAL-MHT service, in 6 more years, after the last of the WA finally dies.

That would be great for me.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos