c72

Southwest "work Slowdown"

Thu Aug 31, 2000 8:36 pm

From southwest.com:

To Our Customers:

The news media has picked up on rumors of a possible work "slowdown" at a few of our locations over the busy Labor Day weekend. I realize that some of you may have questions on how this might impact your travel plans.

I want to assure you that Southwest Airlines is not expecting any type of service disruption this weekend, and neither the Transport Workers Union, nor any other union representing Southwest Airlines Employees, is supporting any such disruption. Like any holiday weekend, we have planned full staffing for this peak travel time.

The Employees of Southwest Airlines are known throughout the industry for their loyalty and professionalism. We all have a great deal of pride in Southwest's reputation for delivering the highest level of Customer Service, and have worked very hard to earn that reputation.

Many of you have exercised your "Freedom to Fly" on Southwest Airlines and have come to know our Employees quite well. I thank you very much for your support and wish you a safe and happy Labor Day.

Sincerely,

Colleen Barrett
Executive Vice President Customers
Southwest Airlines Co.

HyperMike

RE: Southwest "work Slowdown"

Thu Aug 31, 2000 8:50 pm

Dear Colleen,

That's why we LUV Southwest!

Mikey

RE: Southwest "work Slowdown"

Thu Aug 31, 2000 8:52 pm

Why would there even be a slowdown? Must be a slow day at CNN.