I Had An Airplane Dream!

Fri Sep 01, 2000 4:24 am

This was one of the strangest and best dreams I have had, because it had airplanes and my hometown airport directly involved.
I was at STL's big green terminal looking at planes landing and departing when I looked over at MidCoast Aviation and the FedEx buildings. There was an AC A340-300 in Air Canada colors, but without the red mapleleaf and "Air Canada" markings on the side. I got so happy and told my dad about this,(he was there too) and that I thought that this was the first A340 in STL. Also over by the A340 was a 743 in some new Air Atlanta colors. The colors greatly resembled Carnival Airlines. But I was so excited to see these big jumbos in Lambert. Then the A340 loaded up and taxied to take off. I ran down the C concorse and tried to find a window to watch the plane depart. Unfortunately, I missed the departure. But after that I had a plan. It was to go home and tell all of you on this site. So I am doing what I thought in my sleep right now. Remember, this was all a dream.

Has STL ever had a 744, 777, A330, or A340?? I don't think they have had one!

Regards: TurboTristar

N312RC

RE: I Had An Airplane Dream!

Fri Sep 01, 2000 6:06 am

I had an airplane dream once too... we were in a UAL DC-8-72 and it ran off the runway. We were in the back of coach and got out ok, then i woke up. NO LIE!!
My views as expressed above are my views alone and do not constitute the views of my employer.

DELTA777

Fri Sep 01, 2000 6:19 pm

I had a weird airplane dream once. my local airport, Youngstown, is very small and US Airways Express only flies B1900s into it twice a day, and Northwest AirLink flies Saab 340s into here thats about it, nothing bigger. But I had a dream that we went to the airport and there where Lufthansa, Air Canada, and Korean Air gates that just appeared. Then went onto the obeservation deck and there was a huge Lufthansa 747-400 landing and a ANA B777 sitting on the tarmac next to a US Airways Express ERJ! then I woke up. A day later we went to the airport and there was a Boeing 707 doin go arounds! I was amazed! Maybe my dream will come true!

D e l t a 7 7 7

beechbarron

Fri Sep 01, 2000 7:20 pm

I had a nightmare that I was at Hartsfield, standing on the grass in between the 2 south runways. I looked up and noticed that there was a Delta 757 circling very low above, and then all of a sudden it it's engines flamed out! (I guess it was out of fuel) It nosed over into a vertical dive, headed in my general direction!!! I ran like hell as fast as my legs would carry me for about a football field, and then dove for the gound. Upon impact, I remember being showered with dirt, glass and small chunks of metal. I looked up and saw an engine nacelle and main gear bogie fly over my head. When it stopped, I got up to my feet and the sight that greeted me was one of horror. I'll spare you the details. At that point I started looking for survivors, but could find none. I then woke up in a cold sweat!!! It was a horrible dream.

Best regards,

Ben

airmale

Fri Sep 01, 2000 9:47 pm

interesting topic, i dreamt that Air Canada had started a 747-400 combi service to Pakistan, since they dont fly here yet i hope my dream comes true.
.....up there with the best!

JetService

Fri Sep 01, 2000 11:37 pm

I dreampt I was in a wooded snowy area driving along lit trials and I passed 3 AirTran DC9s being towed to the airport with a message painted on the side of each plane that said "AirTran Welcomes Fort Wayne and (oddly enough) Quad Cities". This happened after I had heard AirTran had visited FWA officials recently. I guess the 3 planes represented 3 daily flights. Wishful thinking I suppose. (I have no idea why I dreampt Quad Cities was on there too! LOL!!!!)
"Shaddap you!"

Greeneyes53787

Sat Sep 02, 2000 8:54 am

I drempt I was at SAN in a new 737 preparing to T.O..
The craft was heading east in the morning (typical) on the runway. We were at approx. rotation speed when the flight attendent at front screamed.

I had a hunch. I walked quickly to the deck, opened the door and found no one awake.

I just had time to pull on the yoke gently from a standing position--and take us off.

With amazing strength, out of necessity, I removed the captain from his seat and put myself there. Then I reached for the oxygen. I figured vapor in the cockpit put them out after beginning the roll.

I put the wheels up and seat-of-pants flew her around and landed her (squaaking 7700 all the way).

Then I stopped dreaming this.

GE

ps-I feel silly telling you this

Sat Sep 02, 2000 7:36 pm

Some Adventures!

Dazed767

Mine Is Worse

Sat Sep 02, 2000 8:40 pm

I had a really screwed up dream once that I was out at MCO spotting, and for some reason there was another runway that cutting through the 2 18's out there, and off in the distance I could see several a/c coming in. Well the ones I remember were a Virgin 747, Antonov 225 Myra, BA744, and several others were coming out of different directions trying to land at the sametime on that runway. Next thing I know they all collide and burst into a big ball of flames. I remember I started taking pictures of it, and I woke up. Pretty crazy...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos