Spotting In SEA

Fri Sep 01, 2000 8:33 am

I am taking a trip from DEN-SEA and I was wondering where some good places to spot are?

Thanks,
Alexander

Eraxandaf

RE: Spotting In SEA

Fri Sep 01, 2000 10:12 am

I remember the UA terminal (which is in a satellite building-U have to take a little subway to it) was a great place to watch planes take off, as the terminal is just off of the runway it seemed, and the planes (southbound take off) lift off directly in line with the windows of the terminal. I was coming back to SF, and saw a UA 744 taxiing out for takeoff to NRT, we were boarding and I swear I could not wait one second more to see it lift off, they would have closed those doors on me, so I missed that great take off, and heard it go by as I was walking through the jetway to my 737 flight to SFO  (UA now uses a 777 to NRT from SEA...)

Hamlet69

Fri Sep 01, 2000 10:21 am

I hate to give it away, but the best spot to spot is at Viewpoint Park. This is on the West side of the airport, located directly across from the North Satellite (United's), and therefore, is in the same great position for T/O's and Landings. The best part is, you don't have to pay for parking. However, there is a fence, so if you're going to take pictures, bring a tall car/truck.

Hamlet69
Honor the warriors, not the war.

n949wp

Fri Sep 01, 2000 11:08 am

I posted a similar question over at the Aviation Photography forum, and got the news that Viewpoint Park is already closed for good.

With that park gone, there is basically nowhere to go to take good pictures of takeoffs and landings at SEA in the afternoons.

'949

Hamlet69

Fri Sep 01, 2000 7:53 pm

N949WP,

To date, Viewpoint Park is NOT closed. It is going to be closed, however, it has not happened yet. I was there 2 weeks ago, and they must (by law) give 30 days notice before it is closed. I plan on going down on Monday, so I will know if anything changes.

Hamlet69
Honor the warriors, not the war.