Ansett767
Topic Author

Lauda Air Info. Please

Sun Sep 03, 2000 9:53 am

Hey All,

(im from Sydney australia)

Im going to be in Israel for a tour, and then wanted to go to Europe... To buy a ticket costs A$1000!!!!
So i thought of coming home, dumping my gear and then picking up another flight to Europe (and then being able to take my ski stuff with me!)

This would only cost $1400 with Lauda! pretty darn cheap in Comparison.

So what I am asking is what is Lauda like?! Has ayone flown them?
They uses 777's dont they? What r they like?
and whats the service, seating, food etc like?

also, Can one get off the plane in KL? (coz i know some airliens dont let you get off in transit).

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all

RE: Lauda Air Info. Please

Sun Sep 03, 2000 1:05 pm

I have flown with Lauda from London to Sydney many times and all flights were enjoyable with excellent food. They also have PTVs in all classes. The crew are young, fun and friendly - most of Lauda's flights are charter and therefore I assume that the crew are encouraged to provide a holiday type atmosphere on the flights.

I always had a stopover in KL - I think that the flight from Sydney arrives in KL @ 04.15am ( apart from the Friday flight which arrives @22.30)

Have a great flight

MAS777

Sun Sep 03, 2000 3:52 pm

I would make KL a stopover. As Bcl mentioned - virtually ALL of Lauda's flights arrive/depart at a bizarre hour so even if you could step foot into KL International - it would be dead. The shops will be closed and there will be no-one else in the buildings.

Making a stop at KL itself (if your ticket allows you to) would be ideal to pick up even more stuff in the city. Prices in KL are unbelievably cheap and (not many people know this but) the whole city is tax-free for most goods (especially electronic equipment). Hey - why not check into the Ritz-Carlton for only US$80 a night! Its a 5-star plus hotel and things like that NEVER cost that little anywhere around the world...worth thinking about!

wodo

Sun Sep 03, 2000 11:15 pm

Lauda belongs to the world's top in terms of service.

Adria

Mon Sep 04, 2000 12:12 am

When somebody asks me about Lauda there is only one answer I give to him. Fantastic!!!!!