Do You Feel At Home On An Airliner?

Wed Sep 06, 2000 3:41 am

Hi,

Especially when no one is sitting next to you, do you feel at home on an airliner? I certainly do, it feels like you are away from everything and when you get served, it's just a place that you love. Sometimes, my flights are almost completely in the clouds and that makes me feel right at home on board a plane. So, do you feel at home while on an airplane?

Rgds,

B744

cba

RE: Do You Feel At Home On An Airliner?

Wed Sep 06, 2000 4:04 am

I'm always nervous during takeoff. For some reason, I'm a little afraid during takeoff. But once the plane is in the air, I feel right at home. I just sit and stare out the window and think. It's almost like meditation.

Wed Sep 06, 2000 4:06 am

I've gotten used to the fact now that riding in a plane is safer than walking across the street.  

Take-off is the most dangerous part of the flight, but the best too!

Rgds,

B744

cba

Wed Sep 06, 2000 4:10 am

It's fun and frightening at the same time, especially when you're in a rocket like the 757.

blink182

Wed Sep 06, 2000 4:30 am

I usually feel at home on a 3 hour plus flight, because you normally have time to recline a little bit and take a nap or go to sleep.
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

Carioca Canuck

Wed Sep 06, 2000 4:30 am

I never feel at home on a plane.....it's an irrelevant comparison.

Do I feel "comfortable" while in flight ?

Yes...no question about that.

L1011

Wed Sep 06, 2000 4:31 am

I feel very much at home on an airliner, especially when I have a section of seats to myself, either the other seat in a pair or the other two seats in a set of three. When I am served, I can use two tray tables, so I don't feel so confined. Not having to share my space gives me a feeling of contentment that is unmatched in any other environment. It's too bad that planes are usually so full, and I don't get this feeling when I am crammed in next to people I don't know.

Bob Bradley
Richmond, VA
Fly Eastern's Golden Falcon DC-7B

ake0404ar

Wed Sep 06, 2000 5:57 am

I felt more like being in a five star hotel, almost as good as home.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Vasco Garcia

Regards
Vasco Garcia

Wed Sep 06, 2000 7:22 am

To someone who's not "one of us" this would probably sound weird, but I really do. I'm only 5'1" so I don't have problems with leg room even on smaller, more cramped aircraft. I have yet to take a flight longer than BDL-MCO, about 2 1/2 hours, but I can't wait, because every time I've flown, I've literally enjoyed every second of the flight, except my first time when I was just terrified until we got up where I couldn't see the ground (go figure). But I even ended up enjoying that flight, I guess, because my grandfather says that when he asked me what my favorite things about Disney World were, I said Jungle Cruise, meeting Minnie Mouse, and the plane ride. (Please keep in mind I was only eight!)

fanofjets

Wed Sep 06, 2000 8:08 am

I feel particularly at home in aircraft on long flights; the cabin, along with audio entertainment, seems to become a world unto its own.
The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

ILUV767

Wed Sep 06, 2000 11:42 am

yep...if im not in a plane...i want to be! 

FLY777UAL

Wed Sep 06, 2000 12:33 pm

I definitly do!

Sometimes, though, the flights get to be SO dull and SO boring that all I want is to land quickly. You can only look at SO much high desert from SMF to DEN!

F L Y 7 7 7 U A L

AC_A340

Wed Sep 06, 2000 5:47 pm

You bet I do.  

B747-437B

Thu Sep 07, 2000 8:01 am

After almost 1.5 million miles on assorted airliners, they begin to feel like home anyway!  
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

jrebel

Thu Sep 07, 2000 12:13 pm

Although I take a childish pleasure in the sensation of flying, being stuck in the same seat (no matter how comfortable) for 8+ hours is not my idea of fun. I can think of any number of ways I would prefer to pass that time.
Flying to me is a means of getting to my destination. The flights I enjoy are relatively short, in small aircraft, at low altitude and in good weather (so I can sit with my nose pressed to the window and watch the world go by).

johan rebel

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos