Is This The End Of Aerolineas Argentinas?

Thu Sep 07, 2000 8:57 am

I think that AR is really in a bad shape right now. They won´t survive to the crisis that were established by the Argentine economic situation. That´s too bad. I kind of liked them. I hope Lapa benefits from this bankrupcy and take over the control of the Argentine market.

GO LAPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Is This The End Of Aerolineas Argentinas?

Fri Sep 08, 2000 7:01 am

I have never flown Aerolineas but I have heard(trip report in Airways about a year ago) that it is not so good service so I somewhat hope they do go out. I really do hope they improve their in flight service though,so that way south america will have another good airline(financially too) Lan Chile is on the rise and have ordered Airbus aircraft do for delivery in not too long so that will help out the 767s and possibly replace the 737's so that will definately put Aerolineas upto something about improving inflight or maybe even replace the 732's. But if it comes down to AA,I think AA would go Lan Chile over Aerolineas.
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

RE: Is This The End Of Aerolineas Argentinas?

Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:03 am

AR is terrible airline, if i were givin stock in the airline, i would sell it before it went down even more. blink is right about LAN, i am flying on them next december instead of AR, because they have better service and because i will be on a brand new A320. the only people that like AR are the ones that flew on her when she was a good airline (way back in the days!)