6. Korean Air
7. All Nippon Airways
8. Asiana Airlines
9. EVA Air
10. China Airlines

L1011

RE: Best Airlines of Asia?

Mon Mar 08, 1999 12:32 pm

I have only flown on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir in Asia, and I think they are both great.

Bob Bradley
Richmond, VA
Fly Eastern's Golden Falcon DC-7B

Mon Mar 08, 1999 7:23 pm

I've flown Singapore, so i'll definately back you on the Number 1 vote. Japan was nice too, flew them from japan to beijing, i can imagine they've only gotten better with the introduction of the new business class "seasons" Cathay is supposed to be wonderful too

gopal

Tue Mar 09, 1999 1:16 am

When I chose an asian airline, my primary consideration would be safety and not service as we have seen many major accidents during the past 1-2 yrs involving aircraft belonging to these airlines (Thai, Silk Air, China arilines to name a few). The airports in major asian cities should also take part of the blame as they are equipped with antiquated air traffic control systems. Many of them do not have an ILS. Also in densely populated cities like New Delhi the airports are surrounded by residential areas. In Delhi, there a huge development colony directly under the approach path of the planes. This has led to a large number or bird hits. Just yesterday Indian Airforce AN-32 went down and ploughed into an residential colony killing 19 people on board and 3 people on the ground.

CX747

Tue Mar 09, 1999 1:45 am

I don't think the airports in Hong Kong or Malaysia are outdated. Why don't you fly into them? They aren't even a year into their operational lives.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower