MS861
Topic Author

Egypt Air

Sun Sep 10, 2000 3:06 pm

Hi Aviation Fans!
I just booked a CHEAP fare from Sydney, Australia, to London Heathrow, via Singapore and Cairo. The only problem is that the carrier is Egyptair, the equipment an A340-200 & 777-200. The other downfall is there is a 2 day unoptional stopover in Cairo. I was just wondering, is the CHEAP fare ($1620 AUD) worth all the extra hassles??? Is the airline and its service ok? Or should I cancel my booking and book with someone better like Qantas, BA, or Emirates?
Any feedback would be great!!
Thanks,
Confused.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Jorgos Tsambikakis

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © ÁRpáD Gordos

RE: Egypt Air

Sun Sep 10, 2000 3:38 pm

I have not personally flown with Egypt air, but I have heard of others who have and think they are pretty good. I myself would fly with them without hesitation.
I'd also go with Emirates again they are a very good airline. I myself am taking the same trip, but using Thai to Bangkok and Kuwait Airways to Europe, ironically also on a 777 and an A340! I was told another cheap way was with Japan airlines, with a compulsory one night stay in Tokyo. However that's for Amsterdam and not London.