JAT
Topic Author

What Is Your Opinion On Alliances?

Wed Sep 13, 2000 5:45 am

I personally don't like alliances and I am growing to like them even less as they get bigger and bigger.

These are the 3 main reasons why I don't like alliances:

1. Alliances save money for the airlines but also cut down on direct flights by connecting more of their flights and some people don't like having o change airplanes.

2. Codesharing really bugs me becuase you end up booking one airline and flying another

3. With airlines joining these alliances they are losing individuality and are no longer the pride of their nation that they once were. They are jsut becoming faceless corporations like all the other companies.

What is your opinion?

Peter

RE: What Is Your Opinion On Alliances?

Wed Sep 13, 2000 6:06 am

I like them. One plus is that frequent flier miles can usually be earned or used on any airline that is a mamber of the alliance. Also, shared lounges are good.

N312RC

Wed Sep 13, 2000 6:10 am

N/A

blink182

Wed Sep 13, 2000 7:21 am

I love alliances, they are able to get you where your airline doesn't fly but you can still gain milage, I am a milage member of AA and if I want to get to Sydney,I can fly Qantas and be able to earn aadvantage miles and use the Qantas lounge. For the business aspect and the getting from point A to point C is a lot easier with alliances. With the national pride,that sort of is a minus but I feel they are better than when there were no alliances.
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

Wed Sep 13, 2000 7:24 am

I would like them better if they didn't have all these stupid rules like: you only get 50% of the miles if you fly this partner, 70% for another partner, miles only for Biz or fullfare, etc... Is AA still doing the "you don't get nuthin if you fly BA transatlantic on competing routes?" If you're an alliance, act like one! Treat your partner's pax like your own and give them a mile for each mile flown!