LGW
Topic Author

Help With Monarch Airlines

Tue Sep 19, 2000 2:06 am

I am flying London Gatwick - Paphos Cyprus on Monarch soon on B757. What are they like any comments well recieved

Cheers

777kicksass

RE: Help With Monarch Airlines

Tue Sep 19, 2000 2:33 am

I flew with them from birmingham and it was great. it was only a 2 1/2 hour flight but they still had the TVs on (not PTVs but hey, it's charter) the food was surprisingly good. mind you, gatwick usually suffers from delays due to its overused single runway.

max

Tue Sep 19, 2000 2:53 am

They have a good punctuality record, delicious catering, friendly staff and modern aircraft.
Enjoy your holidays  !
Bye

Tue Sep 19, 2000 11:32 am

LGW,
Just flown AGP-LGW on A330.Found seating V.cramped both in width and pitch,my knees were touching the seat in front(I am 6ft though)and found it a bit of a struggle to eat the meal comfortably,compared to the LGW-AGP flight on a BA737-400(I may be a little baised,as I am a BA employee:D) but there was a very noticable difference.The food was very adequate for a charter flt and the crew were pleasant and friendly.There were T.V's,but only above the centre rows of the 3-4-3 config.which made it difficult for me to see as I was in the A seat.(757 will be 3-3,so no prob.)Plug sockets in armrests for headsets are 2 pin so you have to buy headset or adapter from crew to listen.All drinks had to be paid for including soft drinks and snacks.Flight was very smooth from start to finish,although one and a quarter hours late(I/B a/c was late arriving) All in all,perfectly OK for this length of flt(2-10 or so)but would not fancy it on L/haul.
Enjoy your hols.