thomacf

MCO Questions?

Sat Sep 23, 2000 5:32 pm

My favorite airport is Orlando International. I have flown in there so many times and remember the days when all sorts of widebodies were in there. Now it is just 737's and 757's. The only exciting thing is a Delta L-1011, but those will be gone soon or a Northwest DC-10. I thought the tourism there is growing and growing so why aren't there more 767's, 777's, large Airbuses and especially 747's. I also wonder why there really isn't much international traffic. I never see European airlines in there. It seems like the airport is less busy now, but the passenger traffic is up. Does anyone have an answer to these questions?

RE: MCO Questions?

Sat Sep 23, 2000 5:51 pm

I guess the Europeans got tired of Mickey Mouse!!!

Adam84

Sat Sep 23, 2000 7:00 pm

Doesnt Virgin Atlantic fly in there? I love how the terminals are serperate and you have to take the train thing to the gate. The only problem I had was the lines for security were so long, it took about 10 mins to get through security, then there were so many people we had to wait for the train for another 5 minutes.

Dazed767

Sat Sep 23, 2000 9:44 pm

Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, Martin Air, LTU, Iceland Air, Citybird, are the only European ones I can think of that come in here. Virgin and BA bring in 747's, Delta has 3-4 777 flights into here a day. Maybe the reason you never see them is because they start to arrive around 3pm.

MrAirbus

Sat Sep 23, 2000 9:53 pm

CityBird (a small Belgian airline) flies BRU-MCO-MIA-BRU (Brussels) every Wednesday with a 767-300ER. If you have ever been to MCO on a Wednesday you should have seen them. Their planes are totaly green with white and orange on them.

Than there is Martinair, the other Dutch airline, flying to from and to AMS (Amsterdam) 4 times a week, using a 767-300 3 times a week and a MD-11 once a week.

Don't forget the famous Virgin Atlantic with their daily service from and to LGW (London Gatwick) with a 747. They also fly from and to MAN (Manchester) 3 times a week, also with a 747.

British Airways also flies from and to LGW with a 747 (I think they use a 747-400)

LTU, the second largest German airline, flies a 767 from and to DUS (Düsseldorf).

And last but not least, the well known, good service and cheap price from Icelandair with their service from and to KEF (Keflavik) with a 757-200

Sat Sep 23, 2000 10:03 pm

Don't forget that Orlando is an almost pure tourist destination. And when there are tourists, there are charters. Britannia had 3 767s come in when I was there in July. But the majority of charters come in at Orlando-Sanford.

BranVan3K

The Other Orlando Airport?

Sun Sep 24, 2000 2:43 am

IF i am not mistaken, doesn't orlando have ANOTHER airport? An ex military base, perhaps??

I do remember lots of Euro-charters using that one rather than MCO int'l...

exusair

RE: The Other Orlando Airport?

Sun Sep 24, 2000 9:40 am

Sanford Airport is marketing themselves to European Charter carriers as a cheap alternative to MCO. There are several Latin American carriers operating to MCO, VARIG, Mexicana, and Aeromexico ( I think ) to name the few.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos