jetdude
Topic Author

RE: Spirit Airlines

Thu Sep 28, 2000 2:10 pm

don't know ???

pmk

Thu Sep 28, 2000 3:18 pm

Does anybody know what major airline owns a portion of Spirit? I'll give the winner the 3 1/2" 720kb Floppy I found when I cleaned my desk last week! If anybody does, that's the answer, if not, ask me.

Peter

SMcC

Fri Sep 29, 2000 2:02 am

Interesting question Pmk.

What do you know that the rest of us do not?

N312RC

Fri Sep 29, 2000 4:18 am

DELTA!! I think they own part of spirit.

pmk

Congrats N312RC, You're Wrong :)

Fri Sep 29, 2000 5:09 am

Sorry, you are not the winner of the 3M 720kb Floppy disk! The mystery owner of Spirit Airlines is ...drum roll please.... Northwest Airlines!! NWA owns around 20% of Spirit Airlines! NWA also owns 20% of Champion Air (formerly MGM Grand). The only way I can see NWA selling them is to finance the purchase of new aircraft. As we in the business world know the trickle down effect will happen, the old NWA aircraft will be written off the books and sold at "scrap value", they will be then be "sold" to Spirit and Spirit will depreciate the aircraft again, Thus NWA gets to buy the planes once, sell them twice and decuct the cost of the aircraft twice! See what 4 years of business school will do to a person!! Any more questions please feel free to ask.

Peter

jetdude
Topic Author

Fri Sep 29, 2000 7:05 am

4 years of business school? try going back to school Spirit is Not in bed with Northwest, as a matter of fact Spirit is in a Law Suit with NWA. Spirit is a private company owned buy one dude. but you are correct about Champion. not ex MGM. MGM was bought by Connie Kalletta. of AIA.

Fri Sep 29, 2000 8:10 am

Yes indeed. Spirit Airlines is a private corporation owned by one Ned Homfeld. Northwest Airlines owns no interest in the Miramar, FL airline company.

Whoops!

jetdude
Topic Author

Fri Sep 29, 2000 8:32 am

almost true, it's owned now by three investors Ned is one but the head dude's name is Jacob Schor the #2 guy is a Mr Kahn the son of the father of Deregulation.

pmk

Jetdude

Fri Sep 29, 2000 11:08 am

Sir:

Your comments are not welcome. The information I obtained from Lexus/Nexus states that the holding company for NWA owns 20% of Spirit. Check the regs, Champion Air's registration number is MG, look up the previous records, it was MGM air. I now know why the good people like JETPILOT and BUFF left this board.

Peter

Fri Sep 29, 2000 12:45 pm

Jetdude, you are an idiot. What do you know about flying anyway as you probably sit around and watch us take off and land only. Spirit is owned by NWA and will be merged with Champion when the United/USair deal goes through. Everyone knows this. What do you think NK stands for on the registration? Northwest Kids! Get a life loser and speak when spoken to.

Jetdude

Fri Sep 29, 2000 12:52 pm

You are an idiot Mr. Jet turd. If you knew anything about anything you would know that Spirit is owned by Northwest. If you could get your facts straight you would also know that NK on the side of Spirits planes stands for Northwest Kids. You are a complete idiot and once you get your private license why dont you come back here and talk with the professionals. In other words Mr. wanabe, Go away!

jetdude
Topic Author

Fri Sep 29, 2000 1:56 pm

hey PMK you have no idea what your talking about.

SMcC

Fri Sep 29, 2000 1:57 pm

Hey Poorpilot, does your professional decorum in the cockpit reflect the spirit (no pun) of your posts?

jetdude
Topic Author

Fri Sep 29, 2000 2:04 pm

hey SMcC
your correct. sounds like Poorpilot is just a bitter wanna be. he only wish he could Fly for a company like Spirit.
Spirit Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos