idjim319
Topic Author

Cupe And Air Canada

Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:16 am

I so enjoy it. I'm a former AC FA who left because as they say .... if you're not happy move one. Well I did and now have a totally new and happy career (and btw make a lot more money). I was tired of the company asking for more and more cutbacks. I left. I didn't feel compelled to be a slave to cheap fares.

So now CUPE, the AC FA's union has continued to send me all their propaganda. I can't believe what I read in this day and age. It all reads "lets strike and let's show the company whose boss!!!". Are you absolutely mad??? That union just doesn't work very hard. With the pitiful decline in service in N. America and overseas, what are these people bitching about? They still have a pension and still have a decent pay for a relatively low skill set. What the hell is the issue?

Pensions?? Get ready folks. You're about to realize you boss (for right or wrong) cannot afford your pension scheme.

AWACSooner

RE: Cupe And Air Canada

Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:35 am

Quoting idjim319 (Thread starter):
the AC FA's union has continued to send me all their propaganda. I can't believe what I read in this day and age. It all reads "lets strike and let's show the company whose boss!!!".

Canada on strike?

Seriously though, the unions are becoming a laughingstock with their egregious attempts to milk more money out of management. I can only wonder if airlines like AA and US assume the same mentality in their unions as CUPE does.