rgreenftm
Topic Author

Interesting SEA Observations 9.10.11

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:21 am

took a flight out of SEA today, and I'm not sure if it was because I don't normally fly Saturdays mid day, but I noticed a couple things I was curious to know about.

1. Allegiant had an airplane taxing for take off. I didn't get a good look, but I swear it was big enough to be one of the 757s. Why were they there, and if it was the 757, does that mean it would have been a charter?

2. DL 757 parked at B5. Does DL now have a B gate too? I was pretty sure their entire opp was capable of fitting in the S concourse.

alasizon

RE: Interesting SEA Observations 9.10.11

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Quoting rgreenftm (Thread starter):
2. DL 757 parked at B5. Does DL now have a B gate too? I was pretty sure their entire opp was capable of fitting in the S concourse.

It might have come in earlier in the day when their operation was more crowded along with a handful of international flights. They do not have a B gate by any measure but B5 is actually an open gate for anyone to use as no single airline has rights to it (I believe CO used to have preferential rights).

Quoting rgreenftm (Thread starter):
1. Allegiant had an airplane taxing for take off. I didn't get a good look, but I swear it was big enough to be one of the 757s. Why were they there, and if it was the 757, does that mean it would have been a charter?

If it was a 757, it would've been a charter or a training flight. As G6 does not serve SEA, it could have also been a MD that made an unscheduled fuel stop on its way to BLI. (Though I'm not showing any unscheduled fuel stops)
Ramp Unit Manager & Tower Planner

SuperDash

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:21 pm

Delta needs additional gates at noon that are not on the S gates. Mostly I have seen them on the end of the A. But as noted, B5 is a Port gate and it's possible they were using that gate on this day. I am not sure if Delta needs more gates some days of the week due to the less than daily operation of the International flights (mostly the Korean carriers)

n7371f

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Quoting SuperDash (Reply 2):
Delta needs additional gates at noon that are not on the S gates. Mostly I have seen them on the end of the A. But as noted, B5 is a Port gate and it's possible they were using that gate on this day. I am not sure if Delta needs more gates some days of the week due to the less than daily operation of the International flights (mostly the Korean carriers)

During the peak summer schedule, DL often ran the DTW noon-time departure out of B5.