C010T3
Topic Author

Pluna To Fly PDP-GRU

Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:46 am

Pluna applied yesterday for a daily Punta del Este-Guarulhos flight before the Brazilian the ANAC. The flight is already loaded on the GDS and is for sale, being even bookable through flypluna.com if you circumvent the homepage through the multi-city option.

Effective December 1st, 2011:

PU648 daily CR9 PDP 1250 GRU 1520
PU649 daily CR9 GRU 1600 PDP 1840

http://www2.anac.gov.br/hotran/

There has been no announcement yet, so it's not clear if it will be a seasonal flight only, but according to Amadeus, the service ends on April 10th.
I presume that the slots have been pre-approved by the slot facilitator committee, so I expect no difficulty for the full approval by the ANAC.

CamiloA380

RE: Pluna To Fly PDP-GRU

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:04 am

Quoting C010T3 (Thread starter):
There has been no announcement yet, so it's not clear if it will be a seasonal flight only, but according to Amadeus, the service ends on April 10th.

It has to be seasonal, a PDP-GRU wouldn't make sense during low season just by the fact that there isn't much traffic at all.
Flying4Ever!

C010T3
Topic Author

Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:00 am

Quoting CamiloA380 (Reply 1):
It has to be seasonal, a PDP-GRU wouldn't make sense during low season just by the fact that there isn't much traffic at all.

Well, I think that PDP deserves year-round service to GRU. In order to make that work, PU should fly GRU-PDP-AEP

CamiloA380

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:59 am

Quoting C010T3 (Reply 2):
Well, I think that PDP deserves year-round service to GRU. In order to make that work, PU should fly GRU-PDP-AEP

PU already does that but through MVD , I think in the long run, a GRU-PDP-AEP would start to compete with PU's own GRU-MVD-AEP as the traffic in PDP is just too small at these times to collect people either to GRU or AEP during low season. Though I could see BQB starting GRU-PDP-STY/RVY/ROS but I doubt it could run during low season. PDP is nearly not served during winter, they get the PU's and BQB's flight from AEP, a flight to GRU would mean not many frequencies at all, killing the possibilities for Business passengers, so the only thing left would be tourists, which is limited of course during the cold winter. People who want to get from Sao Paulo to Punta Del Este simply does GRU-MVD then bus (which is cheap) to Punta Del Este and is not a long ride at all.
Flying4Ever!

SJOtoLIR

Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:19 am

Quoting CamiloA380 (Reply 3):
People who want to get from Sao Paulo to Punta Del Este simply does GRU-MVD then bus (which is cheap) to Punta Del Este and is not a long ride at all.

Passengers who travel to Punta del Este by means of bus transportation can also start the ride at MVD.
They don't need to go towards "Montevideo Tres Cruces" bus terminal and backtracking to Punta del Este.
COT buses stop at MVD in both directions.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"