flyjoe

JetBlue New Service HPN-NAS

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:27 pm

I saw on JetBlue.com is starting new service on Nov 29th from HPN to NAS using an E-190. That's quite a surprising new route, specifically because of the airport. I know NAS flights pre-clear so it's not an issue.

Apologies if this was already discussed.. unable to find anything in the search.

svenvdm

RE: JetBlue New Service HPN-NAS

Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Good to see a new transcontinental service at HPN. Hope it works out well for JetBlue.

richierich

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:19 pm

Quoting svenvdm (Reply 1):

Good to see a new transcontinental service at HPN. Hope it works out well for JetBlue.

It was briefly discussed when the route was announced a few months ago (I'm too lazy to look for it).

HPN-NAS is not considered transcontinental, which would more imply a coast to coast route. I guess technically NAS is "transcontinental" in the same way as Atlanta or Tampa, but HPN-NAS is only 30 miles further than HPN-RSW per WebFlyer.
None shall pass!!!!

bonusonus

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:34 pm

Quoting richierich (Reply 2):

HPN-NAS is not considered transcontinental, which would more imply a coast to coast r

I think the confusion is that NAS is Miramar field in San Diego and also Nassau in the Bahamas. The E190 doesn't have the legs to do transcon, and New York - Caribbean route makes much more sense for B6's business model right now.

richierich

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Quoting bonusonus (Reply 3):
I think the confusion is that NAS is Miramar field in San Diego and also Nassau in the Bahamas. The E190 doesn't have the legs to do transcon, and New York - Caribbean route makes much more sense for B6's business model right now.

That makes sense, thanks for your explanation!
I can understand the mistake but White Plains to San Diego (Miramar, no less!) would be quite an oddball route!!
None shall pass!!!!

EWRCabincrew

Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:26 am

Quoting bonusonus (Reply 3):
I think the confusion is that NKX / KNKX), USA - California AND Mountain View - Moffett Federal Airfield (NAS) (NUQ / KNUQ), USA - California AND Nassau - Lynden Pindling International (Windsor Field) (NAS / MYNN), Bahamas">NAS is Miramar field in San Diego and also Nassau in the Bahamas. The E190 doesn't have the legs to do transcon, and New York - Caribbean route makes much more sense for B6's business model right now.
NKX / KNKX), USA - California AND Mountain View - Moffett Federal Airfield (NAS) (NUQ / KNUQ), USA - California AND Nassau - Lynden Pindling International (Windsor Field) (NAS / MYNN), Bahamas">NAS if for Nassau, NKX is for Miramar Field. NKX / KNKX), USA - California AND Mountain View - Moffett Federal Airfield (NAS) (NUQ / KNUQ), USA - California AND Nassau - Lynden Pindling International (Windsor Field) (NAS / MYNN), Bahamas">NAS, IIRC, is the abbreviation for Naval Air Station, which it is no longer, as it is a Marine base now, as it is MCAS Miramar.

[Edited 2011-09-22 20:26:49]
You can't cure stupid

HVNandrew

Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:03 am

B6 seems to be enjoying their success out of HPN. Could HPN support a daily flight out to the west coast (maybe to LGB)/could a fully loaded A320 make it off the runway to the west coast?

foxtrot2

Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:01 pm

We had problem once at our ariport that a flight from NAS was supposed to be arriving pre-cleared. They had to clear CBP here because the NAS pre-clearance office closes at 1945. I wonder if this is still the same? I assume that B6 would just have to divert into NYC to clear if this is the case still.

bloodyrascal

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:08 am

I am really curious to see how this route is going to perform. Is there even a demand from HPN to NAS. Why wouldnt they just add another JFK frequency

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos