328JET
Topic Author

LH Group - The World´s Biggest Airbus Operator

Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:58 pm

http://www.airbus.com/presscentre/pr...d-fleet-with-more-airbus-aircraft/

We are discussing very often about EK or QR as the most important customers for Airbus or Boeing.
But the reality looks a bit different, as we can read in the link above in the case of LH.

The Lufthansa Group is today´s biggest Airbus operator worldwide and that is not going to change soon.

We are talking about the following fleet:

A380: 8
A340: 65
A330: 37
A32x: 258

Plus orders for 9 A388s, 9 A330s and 85 A32x.

AF/KLM is another good example of a very important customer.

The future may be a bit different, but today we shouldn´t over-estimate QR and EK influence as there are a lot of existing important operators, which are discussing with A and B behind the scenes...

CXfirst

RE: LH Group - The World´s Biggest Airbus Operator

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:10 am

I am sure Airbus and Boeing listen to LH and AF/KL as much as QR/EK. However, currently, EK/QR are the two airlines making massive orders. Therefore, it seems like Airbus and Boeing are designing for them. In the short term, EK and QR are the two airlines that are putting money in Boeing/Airbus' wallets.

-CXfirst

blueflyer

RE: LH Group - The World´s Biggest Airbus Operator

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:25 am

How many A320s is an A380 worth? Is a customer's importance best measured on the size of the fleet, the value of the fleet, the frequency of new orders, or the amount of spare parts and after-sale services purchased from Airbus?

I don't have the answer, but I think this is much more complicated than merely counting aircraft.
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has no clothes.