flyyul

Air France Expansion In Canada

Thu Oct 05, 2000 8:09 am

According to a the Air France director of Canada, Air France is to add a 3rd flight to Montreal next summer with a Boeing 767-300er. This flight is shown on amadeus.net as AF348 and AF349.

They also want to add another flight to toronto. This flight does notshow yet but there is a clear intention to develop this service.

I do not understnad why Air France or Air Canada have no intentions in commencing a YYZ/YUL-Lyon/Nice flight, although the charters have the market at the moment, a Boeing 767 could suffice......Something to think about!

Regards,
FLYYUL

aad665

RE: Air France Expansion In Canada

Thu Oct 05, 2000 9:33 am

Hi,

It's strange, I'm wondering the same thing. Why AC/Af don't flight to anothers city in France.

Also, why AC is not more agressive. They let the market at AF and AT. Strange.

aad665

cba

Thu Oct 05, 2000 9:44 am

AC and AF would make a really good alliance. But that probably won't happen, as AC is already in the Star Alliance.

sn330

Thu Oct 05, 2000 10:34 am

AF only flies to one French city from Montreal?! That is very puzzling, as Montreal has the worlds second largest french speaking population, city wise. I would think they would operate at least to Lyon, and maybe Marseilles.

Marco

Thu Oct 05, 2000 12:14 pm

This is obviously good news, so that means their two B747 flights this summer proved to be very profitable and their one A340 flight to Toronto must be doing well, cool!

Regards
Proud to be an Assyrian!

AFa340-300E

AF And AC Used To Have An Alliance

Fri Oct 06, 2000 3:59 am

Hello,

Operating a flight from LYS (Lyon) or MRS (Marseille) would require to base a long-haul aircraft, and crews there. This would be costly, and there CDG hubs offers a great choice connections throughout the date to numerous French destinations (90% of the AF domestic network).

Air France and Air Canada used to have an alliance back in the early 1990s. But Air France was busy with recovering from heavy troubles, and AC decided to drop the alliance, because Air France had other, more important things to do to save their business.

For this winter, Air France will operate a Boeing 767-300ER on CDG-YYZ instead of the usual daily A340-300. This is probably because of an heavy check on an A340.

Best regards,
Alain Mengus

Louis

RE: AF And AC Used To Have An Alliance

Fri Oct 06, 2000 4:26 am

Someone on here posted that AC is pushing the Montreal Airports Authority to stop AF's second daily flight so that AC can start a second daily YUL-AC flight. Any truth to this rumor?

polaris

Fri Oct 06, 2000 4:34 am

What authority does Aeroports de Montreal have over stopping AF service in favour of AC service? That is quite a bit of power for an airport authority. Highly unlikely.

Louis

Fri Oct 06, 2000 4:49 am

I know, dude. It is strange. But someone on here, I think it was Slawko (if it isn't you, sorry), said that AC was pressuring Aeroports de Montreal to stop the second AF flight.

Louis

Found It!

Fri Oct 06, 2000 5:07 am

It was "Noise", not Slawko (sorry, man). And he said that AC was pressuring the French government to stop the second daily AF flight. Search this thread: Europe-Montreal

Noise

No, No, No.

Fri Oct 06, 2000 5:51 am

I said that AC was pressuring the Canadian government to stop the second daily flight, not the French.

I don't know if that was true, though. I read about it on another message board. But it might be possible.

If you guys would want to know more on Montreal's Airports, you guys can go to http://www.cam.org/~hill/dorvalairport.html

On that site, you will find news pages, an ALWAYS active message board, photo galleries and much more. It is a great site.

Fri Oct 06, 2000 6:03 am

AF/AC does not serve other cities in France for simple reasons. AF/CA is mostly made of business travellers, leisure travellers travel more with Air Transat, Royal or Canada 3000. I think Paris would have a higher business linkage with Montreal than any other cities in France.

Nicolas Bourbillon
Montreal, canada

flyyul

Fri Oct 06, 2000 8:34 am

Ac did pressure AF to cease their 2nd daily flight in the winter. It was quoted in the Globe & Mail and La Presse. AF flights in the winter aree always overbooked on a 747-400. They desperately need more capacity but the CTA did not allow more winter slots to AF.

AF can manage a flight to LYON. I dont care about Transat or Royal. If Toronto-Copenhagen and Toronto-Glasgow survive (there is all charters on that route), than A montreal-Lyon, (AF's 2nd hub) could survive..There is an oppurtunity for a 15-20% connection in Montreal possbility. What is ever worse is that lyon a city of a surronding of 2.5mil people, is only linked to New York JFK..........

In my oppurtunity, it something to be developed......

FLYYUL

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos