PanHAM
Topic Author

Administrative Court Stops FRA Night Ops

Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:40 pm

The State of Hesse Administrative Court in Kassel has decicded to stop the 17 permitted night ops at FRA when the new landing runway become soperational on Oct 21st pending the "final" decision by the Supreme Administrative Court in Leipzig.

This is a real blow for Lufthansa Cargo who depend on a certain number of night ops to keep their business model of interchangeability between pax belly loads and main deck alive.

If this is upheld it will cost several thousands jobs in the cargo industry and I really cannot understand why the SPD party is cheering this ruling, aren't they supposed to be on the side of the weakest who will lose their jobs? Crazy politics.

It will be interesting to watch this developing....

powered by Eierlikör

blueflyer

RE: Administrative Court Stops FRA Night Ops

Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:59 pm

Is there any timeline for a decision from Leipzig?

Quoting PanHAM (Thread starter):
aren't they supposed to be on the side of the weakest who will lose their jobs?

The jobs sustained by 17 night time flights do not compare to the thousands of people in the suburbs complaining that would never forget the SPD for getting in the way.

If jobs was the only consideration, the SPD's brothers should be in favor of an extra runway and an end to the night time curfew at LHR for the hundreds, if not thousands, of extra jobs it will create, and they would have never allowed the elimination of most night-time flights at BRU, at the cost of thousands of DHL jobs uplifted to LEJ.

[Edited 2011-10-11 09:00:02]
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has no clothes.

PanHAM
Topic Author

Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:10 pm

Quoting blueflyer (Reply 1):
Is there any timeline for a decision from Leipzig?

Spring 2012

Quoting blueflyer (Reply 1):
The jobs sustained by 17 night time flights do not compare to the thousands of people

it's a few hundred NIMBYs. Closing the main gateway of the worlds second largest export nation is a bitter joke. The amount of exports through FRA is € 600 million daily. This coincerns more than a couple of hundered cargo handlers or office jobs in freight forwarding firms., In the long run if will affect the indutry of the region and the country. Airports, especially large ones like FRA, have a national importance as essential infrastructure serving the industry and the people as well. this goes together, infrastructure and industry are not the enemy of people. The benefits are serving also those complaining.

I wonder how judges can think that the business which is in jeopardy now or lost to other gateways could come back in sping 2012 if Leipzig comes to a different ruling? Freight routings which will no longer be possible now for a number of reasons will go elsewhere.

This reminds of the old carricature of "Michel" with the night lamp and the "Zipfelmuetze" (pointed cap).
powered by Eierlikör

fraapproach

Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 2):
Closing the main gateway of the worlds second largest export nation is a bitter joke. The amount of exports through FRA is € 600 million daily. This coincerns more than a couple of hundered cargo handlers or office jobs in freight forwarding firms., In the long run if will affect the indutry of the region and the country. Airports, especially large ones like FRA, have a national importance as essential infrastructure serving the industry and the people as well. this goes together, infrastructure and industry are not the enemy of people. The benefits are serving also those complaining.

You will never by able to make someone from SPD understand this!

ADent

Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:58 pm

There are more people that live near the Autobahn than near the Airport.

They should shut down the Autobahn at night too to serve those people.

PanHAM
Topic Author

Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:52 pm

..and the railways as well. The amazing thing is that from major roads - be that Autobahn or Interstate there is a constant noise level which simply does not exist even at major airports. Every 50 or 60 seconds at best. However, that is totally neglected by the NIMBYS, I stayed at the master robert Hotel which is underneath the flight path to LHR several times over the years. The first landings come in before 5 am, it is really not anything disturbing. A motorbike after midnight on a local road yes, but no one complains about that.

Closing down a major airport, a billion € investment in infrastructure is plain dumb considering that major population centers have a certain noise level anyhow. Politicians praising the decision of the judges is unbelievable. Don't they realize that jobs are at stake? It will be interesting to watch the various statements coming up.

powered by Eierlikör

lightsaber
Crew

Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Quoting PanHAM (Thread starter):
It will be interesting to watch this developing....

I'm afraid it will be sad.  
Quoting ADent (Reply 4):

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 5):
Politicians praising the decision of the judges is unbelievable. Don't they realize that jobs are at stake? It will be interesting to watch the various statements coming up.

Only if there is a sharp layoff will the politicians wake up. I'm in California. Trust me, politicians can be clueless about driving out jobs for generations...

Lightsaber
"They did not know it was impossible, so they did it!" - Mark Twain

roseflyer

Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:09 pm

I'm confused. How does 17 night operations equal thousands of jobs? To me it means far fewer than that. What flights currently use the night time operation slots? Will there be a massive shift away from FRA because of this?
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

pelican

Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:11 pm

I wonder how judges can think that the business which is in jeopardy now or lost to other gateways could come back in sping 2012 if Leipzig comes to a different ruling? Freight routings which will no longer be possible now for a number of reasons will go elsewhere.

Well, judges should just consider laws. It's the lawmaker who should consider the implications of their laws and us voters who should consider the implication of our votes. Sometimes it helps to voice concerns aboout political decisions - the NIMBY fraction is very good at this, hence NIMBY-laws are gaining ground and this won't change as long as there are no massive protests from people whose jobs are at stake.

Quoting ADent (Reply 4):

Well, there are speed limits during the night at many stretches of Autobahn for noise protection reasons.

pelican

fraT

Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Well, the situation in FRA is a bit more complex. The then Prime Minister of the state of Hessia promised a complete ban of flights from 11PM to 5AM if the new runway gets approved. After they won the court decision, they started to say, that there will be up to 17 exceptions to the night ban, which was now temporarily stopped by the court.

I also don't like the decision and I agree with PANHAM that a lot of jobs might be lost because airlines might move there complete operation to another airport, both the night and the daytime operation.

So decision by the high court will be of highest importance, not only for FRA but also for the new airport in BER.

PanHAM
Topic Author

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:03 pm

Lufthansa Cargo loses a major asset of their business model, the connectivity between long distance pax and cargo ops. The opposition simply does not understand, they still mumble about shifting cargo to HHN wich is complete BS and does not work.

LH will now have to decide what to do with the close to 1600 night ops for the winter schedule, they won't get new slots in China, so the decision is canx altogether or move to LEJ, I am afraid a mix of both will happen.

Quoting frat (Reply 9):
The then Prime Minister of the state of Hessia promised a complete ban of flights from 11PM to 5AM if the new runway gets approved. After they won the court decision, they started to

I told him several times that he's wrong but he did not listen to me.   No, I really did but of course he had to balance his opinion because here in MTK there are some places against the airport and this is a delicate political matter, that explains that. This "promise" was political BS anyhow since in a democratc state nmo elected politician can "promise" such things. We live in a state ruled by the law and not by decret. Surprisingly, in such cases all of a sudden all the democratic elected opposition leaders become absolute rulers who talk drivel about night bans..

The Merkel government had a chance in the first year before the NRW state election to change the aviation law making it impossible to shut down majr airports during the night. That could have been done for FRA, CGN NUE HAJ have it anyhow and for LEJ , may be another one that would have coveered the essential needs of a modern export based economy. They chickened out, afraid of the voters and now they have the mess. Had they done it, the court would not have had a case.

Quoting pelican (Reply 8):
Well, judges should just consider laws.

They must, not should. But I think they also must observe the interest of others, companies like EXT who may eventiually have to shut down because of this, LHCargo, Condor etc have rights and their employees do as well. this was totally neglected in this decision.

Quoting pelican (Reply 8):
Well, there are speed limits during the night at many stretches of Autobahn for noise protection reasons.

and still it can be heard. I live 3 km from the A3, I sleep well, it does not disturb me, but the A3 can be heard even in that distance, 24 hors a day. What really pi...es me off is that motor bike at 00:30 when I just went to bed, revving up all the way down to the next village. These morons should be banned 8 pm to 8 am.

powered by Eierlikör

LAXintl

Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:57 pm

This decision was long time in coming.

If LH feels night time cargo ops are so critical let it operate from Hahn, or move completely to another airport such as CGN.

Otherwise let LH use up some of its vast daytime slot holdings (which will only increase with the added runway) to operate its cargo flights during daylight hours instead.

The greater good here is not blindly supporting a single private enterprise to conduct business 24/7, but the health and comfort of the thousands of citizens that must endure the discomfort of airport activity.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

Zkpilot

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:40 am

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 10):
What really pi...es me off is that motor bike at 00:30 when I just went to bed, revving up all the way down to the next village. These morons should be banned 8 pm to 8 am.

totally agree... and not just those hours... I just don't understand how cars/trucks/planes etc have to achieve certain maximum db levels and yet motorbikes can pass when they are far louder! You can have a triple glazed house and still hear a loud motorbike 1km away! They are often louder than emergency vehicles! I don't mind people having motorbikes and I understand that they feel the noise is part of the experience, but really they need to be muffled down to the same noise restrictions as cars (including when they are revved up). Back OT.... would a 12am-5am curfew help the situation rather than the 11pm-5am?
Another airline this curfew will effect is QF with its night flight to SIN.
56 types. 38 countries. 24 airlines.

MarcoPoloWorld

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:38 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 11):
The greater good here is not blindly supporting a single private enterprise to conduct business 24/7, but the health and comfort of the thousands of citizens that must endure the discomfort of airport activity.

Then let's shut down LAX after 23:00 first. And then impose a similar curfew on all the freeways that Los Angeles is so pathologically dependent upon. Actually, let's make it no driving at all allowed at night.

it's a few hundred NIMBYs.

Exactly. And the sad reality is that nimbys are not only preventing aviation from functioning properly, they are shutting down growth in the places that would be the most sustainable here in the States, like urban cores and other dense areas with developed services and facilities. Residential and growth is being pushed to the hinterlands where public transportation is unavailable and jobs are geographically scattered, if at all available. Same thing with major airports that already have the surrounding and supporting infrastructure in place, they are not allowed to grow, even organically, and thus the growth - because growth is unstoppable - happens elsewhere.

In the case of Germany - and Europe as a whole - this contradiction will play out on a global scale. If European countries don't want to maintain a competitive environment for world aviation - such as international transfer hubs and cargo operations - we have already seen that the likes of Emirates will gladly step in where others are no longer capable or willing to provide the services or infrastructure environments necessary to support a very competitive, global industry. I think within the next few years, the term "footloose" will take on a whole new relevance in the realm of international travel.

LAXintl

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:07 am

Quoting MarcoPoloWorld (Reply 13):
Then let's shut down LAX after 23:00 first.

Fine with me.

And then impose a similar curfew on all the freeways that Los Angeles is so pathologically dependent upon. Actually, let's make it no driving at all allowed at night.

Cars hardly make noise levels even close to what airplanes put out unless you live right adjacent to a freeway.

I live 10 miles from LAX, about 10 from BUR and about 5 from SMO and can unfortunately hear aircraft to/from all three especially late at night when ambient noise levels drop. It can be noticable during the day, and plain bothersome at night.

In the case of Germany - and Europe as a whole - this contradiction will play out on a global scale. If European countries don't want to maintain a competitive environment for world aviation -

Its not like Germany and Europe are without 24 hour airports. Airlines are free to utilize those.

Enough is enough, and a very generous 11pm-5am curfew is more than reasonable.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

PanHAM
Topic Author

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:41 am

If LH feels night time cargo ops are so critical let it operate from Hahn, or move completely to another airport such as CGN

Not feasible. I said that part oif the business model is connectivity between their pax and all cargo flights and that can only be achieved at FRA. LH pulled out of CGN altogether, opening new stations at either HHN or CGN would be costly and no customer would pay for the additional cost. The least damage is done by moving these lfights to LEJ but the product does not work there as well as at the main hub. Should be understandable oin this forum.

The greater good here is not blindly supporting a single private enterprise to conduct business 24/7

This is a very sinmgle sided view., It is more than one company, there are freight forwarders, manufacturers, importers depending on the servie lH provides, there is another small cargo carrier, brokers and whoever is making a living out of this. There is the general public which is noit aware of it but partly depending on the tax base generated which will now be less. The greater good has been damaged by this court decision already.

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 14):
Cars hardly make noise levels even close to what airplanes put out unless you live right adjacent to a freeway

No other means of transportation besides cars produces a constant noise level over 24 hours.
powered by Eierlikör

JU068

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:44 am

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 15):
Not feasible. I said that part oif the business model is connectivity between their pax and all cargo flights and that can only be achieved at FRA. LH pulled out of CGN altogether, opening new stations at either HHN or CGN would be costly and no customer would pay for the additional cost. The least damage is done by moving these lfights to LEJ but the product does not work there as well as at the main hub. Should be understandable oin this forum.

What about moving the cargo department to Munich? I know that the airport is also closed at night but from what I can remember there aren't so many neighbourhoods around the airport.
Maybe the Bavarians would actually allow them to have several flights during the night. Lufthansa's Munich network is not as extensive as that of Frankfurt but it's still not bad.

PanHAM
Topic Author

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:11 am

They have a "cargo department" not only in MUC but all other airports they fly to in Germany, like HAM DUS STR etc. Each plane carries cargo and what is not flown is trucked.

FRA is he main hub with the most flights and only here the connectivity between cargo flown on pax aircraft and freighters can be achieved. The 3 destinationas ainly affected by this dumb court ruling are in the US and NBO/JNB. To achieve a same day delivery after customs clearance in the USA flights must bepart FRA around 4 am . The additional hour means already that a) the slot is not available and b) customs might not clear that morning.

This is a severe blow not only for the airlines but for the exporting industry as well.
powered by Eierlikör

JU068

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:52 am

Is it a daily flight to NBO/JNB and how many flights depart to the US at 04:00? If it is just a couple of them then it doesn't make sense to stop them. I am sure that a few flights are not going to wake up the entire neighbourhood.

Plus, if someone buys a house in close proximity to the airport then it's his own fault.

PanHAM
Topic Author

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:14 am

The new runway agreement was that the number of night ops are scaled down from around 50 to 17, that was a compromise already. These 17 ops include take offs and landings, hence, depending which directions the ops are only 8 to 9 affect people underneath the direct flight path.

Whoever wakes up in the night because of flights and if not by regular traffic noise, wakes up because of the grass growing as well.

A few hundred people cause a desaster for businesses depending on these night ops and that is not only the airlines and forwarders, it means also manufacturers who depend on next day delivery.

But it is a desaster also for leisure carriers like Condor which needs early departures and late arrivals to make efficient use of their equipment. Condor might have no other choice but leaving FRA, eventually Germany altogether and base their aircraft where 24 hour ops is available, as well as the traffic potential.

[Edited 2011-10-12 00:17:03]
powered by Eierlikör

TheSonntag

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:27 am

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 19):

But it is a desaster also for leisure carriers like Condor which needs early departures and late arrivals to make efficient use of their equipment.

Sorry but thats rediculous. First of all, they are still free to use CGN (as long as the red-green government remains reasonable). Also, their customers live here.

Secondly, regarding LH Cargo the ban is only 6 hours. More than enough time to land in HHN and truck the cargo to FRA.

I do not like NIMBYs either, but telling the world that LH Cargos business model will collapse from 17 flights is also a gross over estimation.

PanHAM
Topic Author

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:47 am

Quoting TheSonntag (Reply 20):
Secondly, regarding LH Cargo the ban is only 6 hours. More than enough time to land in HHN and truck the cargo to FRA.

sorry but this is ridiculous. Do you know how long it takes to process a pallet through the warehouse, facilitae customs formalities, cancel the customs formalities at the destination airport again after trucking and load again? Obviously you haven't got a clue about this. Besides, who is going to pay for that? The customer certainly not. Rates are dictated by the market and not by hurdles set up by courts or governments. LH does not have a station at HHN, to set that up plus 30 to 50.000 truck loads per annum would cost roughly 100 million € which could not be loaded to customers.

Quoting TheSonntag (Reply 20):
Sorry but thats rediculous. First of all, they are still free to use CGN

so you are telling FRA and region residents to travel to CGN to catch their leisure flight? I tell you how it will happen, running a leisure carrier in Germany will no longer be possible, jobs will go to Turkey (happens already) or Spain.

Anyway, the federal government has to end this farce by amending the applicalble law and make necessary night operations possible.

Germany is not an absolute state. Companies and people who work in these companies have roights too and the answer is always a compromise. reudcing from 50 to 17 was already a compromise and no one advocates unnecesary flights making it mandatory to operate only the state of the art equipment like 777F would be no problem either. LH hjas enough to use MD11s for day flights only.

I hope that this ruling will be reversed in LEJ, if not by a new law in the Bundestag. The damage has been done however. Freight that will take another route will hardly come back. As an old freight dog you can take my word for that.
powered by Eierlikör

fn1001

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:47 am

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 19):
Condor might have no other choice but leaving FRA, eventually Germany

Allthough I also do not agree with the NIMBYs, I really doubt about this argumnent. The people from the region around FRA will continue to fly to their holiday destination, with Condor or someone else.
Mai bine să-ţi fie rău decît să-ţi pară rău.

TheSonntag

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:57 am

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 21):

Germany is not an absolute state. Companies and people who work in these companies have roights too and the answer is always a compromise. reudcing from 50 to 17 was already a compromise and no one advocates unnecesary flights making it mandatory to operate only the state of the art equipment like 777F would be no problem either.

Maybe, but LH gets so many more slots during the day that they really get the opportunity for further growth - just not during the night. Ask BA if they would accept that curfew if they were to be granted another runway for LHR...

wdleiser

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:07 am

Quoting TheSonntag (Reply 23):

You are talking about pax operations vs cargo ops.

For those of you saying night ops shouldn't be allowed, should we ban FedEx from operating at night at MEM?

charliecossie

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:21 am

Ask BA if they would accept that curfew if they were to be granted another runway for LHR...

Heathrow already has a curfew.

BA manage to be one of Europes largest cargo airlines without a single cargo plane at Heathrow.
Heathrow is 50% bigger than Frankfurt (pax numbers) and all with only 2 runways and a 23-05 curfew.
My lateshift currently finishes at approx 0015. In November, I'll be home 90 minutes earlier.
Three cheers for the curfew.

PanHAM
Topic Author

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:08 pm

Maybe, but LH gets so many more slots during the day that they really get the opportunity for further growth

yes, nice, but we are talking about cargo and day slots are of little use when the freight is still inproduction.

Quoting wdleiser (Reply 24):
For those of you saying night ops shouldn't be allowed, should we ban FedEx from operating at night at MEM?

wouldn't be much left of MEM, but I am sure that the city fathers don't even think about such an idiocy. Fred would throw them out.

Quoting charliecossie (Reply 25):
Heathrow is 50% bigger than Frankfurt (pax numbers) and all with only

make it 20 to 25% and movements are about the same and BA could do better as a cargo carrier if they ever had tried to build up what LH did. They lack connectivity, so they could not.

In simple words, your's is a bad example, it shows what happens if essential night ops are not possible.
powered by Eierlikör

kl911

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:14 pm

Why dont LH move everything to HHN, pax and cargo? Its not that far away from business centers, and especially with the dense highspeed railsystem in Germany this would work.

PanHAM
Topic Author

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Quoting kl911 (Reply 27):
Why dont LH move everything to HHN, pax and cargo? Its not that far away from business centers, and especially with the dense highspeed railsystem in Germany this would work.

LOL, HHN is a single runway airport with a shack called terminal and farther away from it's namesake city than any other in the world, if, it would make more sense to move everything to CGN which exists and already has a HSR connected to FRA. The problem is, CGN could not take a fraction of the movements and the HSR line could not take a fraction of the pax movements either.

The point is, make use of existing, vital and essential infrastructure which is ONLY available at FRA and needs to be used 24 hours a day, not only 18. That is a waste of resources.
powered by Eierlikör

lightsaber
Crew

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:59 pm

Otherwise let LH use up some of its vast daytime slot holdings (which will only increase with the added runway) to operate its cargo flights during daylight hours instead.

The issue is that the curfew opens up other airports and thus other airlines to competition. While LH could move the tonnage, it won't be as timely as connected cargo will sit for the cerfew. Some fraction will find a home trucked/rail/otherwise bypassed at other airports.

If LH feels night time cargo ops are so critical let it operate from Hahn, or move completely to another airport such as CGN.

Where is the cargo and pax O&D? If they are split, operations and profits suffer. I'm not a fan of split hubs. FRA is LH's main hub for a reason. The planes could be moved to MUC easy. The issue is that MUC doesn't have enough O&D traffic for the huge volume of belly cargo that FRA handles. Without being able to timely consolodate that belly cargo onto ongoing freighters, the business will shift elsewhere.

Quoting charliecossie (Reply 25):
Three cheers for the curfew.

EK probably agrees with you.    I've posted in many a.net threads that I theorize that the rise of the mid-east carriers was only possible due to restrictions on growth, including nighttime cerfews, at the European hubs.

Cargo doesn't get emotionally over-attached to FF miles. Companies air-freight to save time. I've hand carried parts that were costing my employer more than my anual salary, benefits, and overhead per hour (in penalties). If the parts could have arrived timely by airfreight, that is how we would have done it.

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 26):
Quoting wdleiser (Reply 24):

wouldn't be much left of MEM, but I am sure that the city fathers don't even think about such an idiocy.

MEM is proof how cargo is 'fly by night.' This won't be the end of LH, but it certainly will hurt their ability to sell cargo hauling. Six hours plus of down time is a large advantage to give Skycargo and LH's other competitors...

Lightsaber
"They did not know it was impossible, so they did it!" - Mark Twain

r2rho

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:11 pm

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 21):
30 to 50.000 truck loads per annum

which of course do not create noise, do not emit CO2, and do not require building of new roadways through forests...

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 29):
I've posted in many a.net threads that I theorize that the rise of the mid-east carriers was only possible due to restrictions on growth, including nighttime cerfews, at the European hubs.

It seems that every other month, someone in Europe comes out with new ideas to make DXB a more attractive hub...

PanHAM
Topic Author

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:24 pm

@ Lightsaber - MEM is different as it is the cradle of the integrator system which Fred S. invented. Works only with night ops and FX moved to CGN already months ago. Smart move.

LH is a combination carrier and the "combination" together with the connectivity makes them unique and superior over their competition. This is at stake now and that is the real problem. But there's another advantage that makes FRA THE main freight hub and the is the location.

Location, location and location are the three main reasons to set up shop and FRA always has been the cross roads from medieval times onwards. It is not only near to the geographic center of Europe but to the demographic centre as well. it is the natural location.

The other point is, you cannot split a hub. Period. Nobody, no customer is paying for the trucks between HHN and FRA, this is simply a no go and LH always has said that often enough. It is amazing that politicians still BS about this and want to "relocate" freight. How they do that in an economy where companies are free to decide remains a mystery.

Still, LH has the advantage that they can use the facilities in LEJ which is the DHL hub (interesting historic development, this used to be the old LH European night freighter star, which was moved to CGN around 1995 and now is at LEJ). So basically we have split hubs and DHL runs 2 freighters to FRA to feed the belly shipments into the worldwide flights here.

Normally, the DHL hub should be here, again for connectivity. For noise reasons it is not.

You can see, much has been done in the inteterest of the people in the region. Inclue the DHL hiub and all others, we would be talking about an additional 130 to 150 movements, lousy 17 have now been trashed.

Taking the rights of the NIMBYs into account certainly did not pay out for the industry. Industry is supposed to earn the money which is needed to run the society, pay for all the various taxes and contributiions and then industry is left in shambles bevause politicians did not do their homework. Berlin is responsible at the end of the day because they did not change the applicable law to make it mandatory that main gateways cannot be closed at nights. They had the majority for that after the election 2 years ago in both houses.

Now it's too late. I wonder how all the debt will be repaid under such conditions.