Pe@rson
Topic Author

Ryanair To Open New Wroclaw Base With Six Routes

Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:35 pm

Ryanair will open a new base in Wroclaw, Poland basing one aircraft and launching services on six routes from March 2012.

The new routes are Bournemouth, Chania, Malmo, Malta, Paris and Venice.

The carrier already serves Alicante, Barcelona, Bologna, Bristol, Brussels, Dublin, East Midlands, Glasgow, Liverpool, London Stansted, Malaga, Milan, Oslo, Rome and Shannon from Wroclaw.

According to Innovata schedules, Wizz Air operates the Wroclaw-Paris Beauvais-Tillé service. No other carrier operates services on the routes from Wroclaw to Bournemouth, Chania, Malmo, Malta or Venice.

Source: today's ATI.

===

Good to see another base in Eastern Europe, making two for the carrier.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

HUYfan

RE: Ryanair To Open New Wroclaw Base With Six Routes

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Didn't FR try BOH-WRO before?

Regards

Mike

WROORD

RE: Ryanair To Open New Wroclaw Base With Six Routes

Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:09 pm

Quoting HUYfan (Reply 1):
Didn't FR try BOH-WRO before?

They did couple of years ago if I am not mistaken. The choice of routes is somewhat strange. One would think that they would pick Birmingham or Leeds.
I read that they will initially base one aircraft there with some flights being done by aircraft based somewhere else.
I wonder if FR will occupy the entire 'old' terminal once the new one opens around Christmas?
W6 which has a base in WRO should use this opportunity to strengthen its operation, otherwise they will lose to FR.
Anyway WRO id FR's 46 base and they expect the next one to be Warsaw-Modlin once that airport opens in June 2012.