atrude777
Topic Author

WN/FL Extends Sked--New Intl/Domestic Routes

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:12 pm

DALLAS, Nov. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --

Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) and its wholly owned subsidiary AirTran Airways announced today new destinations and nonstop routes as they extend their flight schedules for reservations from June 3, 2012, through Aug. 10, 2012 (some flights begin as early as May 24, 2012). Southwest announced new Houston nonstop service and AirTran will add nonstop service between Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood and San Juan, Puerto Rico, as well as new Denver nonstop routes.

In addition, AirTran announced plans to expand its international presence with four new nonstop routes to Mexico: San Antonio to Cancun and Mexico City beginning May 2012, and Orange County, Calif. to Cabo San Lucas and Mexico City beginning June 2012. This service is subject to government approval and is not yet for sale. Specific frequencies and fares for these international routes will be announced once the appropriate approvals are received. AirTran does not currently serve Orange County, so the future introduction of AirTran service to these markets is a direct benefit of Southwest's acquisition of AirTran.

http://www.southwest.com/html/cs/inv...stor_relations/if_news_events.html

AirTran new service beginning May 24, 2012 (open for sale today):

Two daily roundtrip flights between Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood and San Juan

AirTran new service beginning June 3, 2012 (open for sale today):

One daily roundtrip flight between Denver and Akron-Canton

One daily roundtrip flight between Denver and Dayton

Two daily roundtrip flights between Denver and New York LaGuardia

Two daily roundtrip flights between Baltimore/Washington and Los Angeles

One daily roundtrip flight between Baltimore/Washington and New Orleans

Two daily roundtrip flights between Baltimore/Washington and Seattle

One daily roundtrip flight between Baltimore/Washington and San Francisco

Southwest new service beginning June 3, 2012 (open for sale today):

One daily roundtrip flight between Houston Hobby and Raleigh-Durham

One daily roundtrip flight between Houston Hobby and Kansas City

One daily roundtrip flight between Houston Hobby and Seattle

One daily roundtrip flight between Chicago Midway and Oklahoma City

Very Excited to see this! I guess this confirms CAK is staying around for the long run!

Alex

[Edited 2011-11-13 10:13:58]

[Edited 2011-11-13 10:14:56]
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

UAL747

RE: WN/FL Extends Sked--New Intl/Domestic Routes

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Finally, we got OKC-MDW. This was long overdue and will likely cut into AA and UA's O&D market.

UAL
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

Jonathanxxxx

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Quoting atrude777 (Thread starter):

I always wondered why FL didn't enter this market. There's a ton of demand ad a good opportunity for them here.

roseflyer

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Great to see WN using some of FL's assets including its ability to operate internationally.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

kcrwflyer

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Two shots at Frontier.

ERJ170

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Finally! RDU-Houston Hobby.. was hoping for another FLL flight on WN or B6 but oh well... was thinking another ATL flight or 2 but oh well also..
Aiming High and going far..

MaverickM11

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:22 pm

Sandwiched between NK and B6--it's the new BWIBOS! Probably the same fare too 
Quoting jonathanxxxx (Reply 2):
I always wondered why FL didn't enter this market. There's a ton of demand ad a good opportunity for them here.

Where? What is NK/B6 leaving behind with 7+/- daily flights, never mind MIA?
E pur si muove -Galileo

Jonathanxxxx

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:24 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 6):
Where? What is NK/B6 leaving behind with 7+/- daily flights, never mind MIA?

Let me rephrase that... I always wondered why there weren't more carriers in the market. AA has their monopoly on MIA and NK and B6 have their own respected traffic. A 2X daily service can easily be sustainable.

wnflyguy

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:26 pm

WOW SNA-CABO didn't see that coming. But how is the Airtran crew going to get to SNA??? enjoy wnfg  
my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.

wwtraveler99

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:26 pm

if i remember correctly wasn't SNA offering a cash incentive to start new international service? I guess WN decided to get a little money and give this a try.

WOW was I surprised by this one.

WW

atrude777
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Bill Owens from Southwest Airlines mentions some details in the intl markets and the new domestic routes.

Seasonal:
HOU-RDU/MCI/SEA

Returned:
STL-SAN
BNA-SEA
ORF-LAS

New Markets Domestic
MDW-OKC

http://www.blogsouthwest.com/blog/su...w-open-sale-through-august-10-2012

The Mexico Expansion and Route Authority will be interesting to watch! Very Exciting news all around!

Alex

[Edited 2011-11-13 10:30:15]
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

MaverickM11

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:30 pm

Quoting jonathanxxxx (Reply 7):
Let me rephrase that... I always wondered why there weren't more carriers in the market. AA has their monopoly on MIA and NK and B6 have their own respected traffic. A 2X daily service can easily be sustainable.

It'll be interesting to watch. Honestly I think WN is so late to the Puerto Rico party that they offer no value vs B6, who has much lower unit costs anyway.
E pur si muove -Galileo

2travel2know2

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Orange County, Calif. to Cabo San Lucas and Mexico City beginning June 2012.

When did Orange County SNA got (is getting) a F.I.S.?
Wasn't that a mistake and it should say WN/FL plans ONT-SJC and ONT-MEX instead?
I'm not on CM's payroll.

wwtraveler99

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 12):
When did Orange County SNA got (is getting) a F.I.S.?
Wasn't that a mistake and it should say WN/FL plans ONT-SJC and ONT-MEX instead?

No mistake. With the new terminal comes with FIS.

WW

OzarkD9S

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:37 pm

FLL-SJU, WN is putting

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 11):

It'll be interesting to watch. Honestly I think WN is so late to the Puerto Rico party that they offer no value vs B6, who has much lower unit costs anyway.

As someone who lives in B6 flyover country, the WN/FL service to SJU is certainly of value to me as I'm planning on visiting SJU next year. WN's impact on the FLL-SJU route itself may be minor, but WN offers the national feed B6 can only dream about.
Next up: STL-OAK-RNO-LAS-ICT-STL

ERJ170

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:45 pm

From what I can tell, the following are ALL seasonal service..

FL = BWI-SEA/LAX/MSY/SFO
WN = HOU-RDU/MCI/SEA; BNA-SEA/STL/SAN; LAS-ORF

I wonder if any will remain year-round.. but so far, they are all seasonal routes..
Aiming High and going far..

MaverickM11

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:45 pm

Quoting OzarkD9S (Reply 14):
As someone who lives in B6 flyover country, the WN/FL service to SJU is certainly of value to me as I'm planning on visiting SJU next year. WN's impact on the FLL-SJU route itself may be minor, but WN offers the national feed B6 can only dream about.

B6 has probably looked at their still considerable feed into JFKSJU and decided it wasn't worth taking more feed. FL already has much more feed from ATL and even BWI to SJU, so FLLSJU doesn't bring much to the network in that sense.

Quoting atrude777 (Reply 10):
The Mexico Expansion and Route Authority will be interesting to watch!

The SATMEX is going to be interesting. Both Interjet and Southwest's first foray into ethnic transborder, on the same route, with zero name recognition on the other side of the border. It's a good time to be someone that needs a SATMEX ticket!
E pur si muove -Galileo

atrude777
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:49 pm

Quoting ERJ170 (Reply 15):
BNA-SEA/STL/SAN; LAS-ORF

These have been seasonal for years (STL-SAN entering the 2nd year) so this is not a surprise.

It is a surprise to me though to see the new additional ones out of HOU be seasonal as well.

So what about the codeshares?

These Air Tran routes are nice especially international but as of right now I can't book them, ie STL-FLL-SJU on WN/FL etc

Any plans for code-sharing to happen anytime soon, without that, any FL announcement doesn't mean a thing to the cities that don't see those.

Alex

srbmod

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:52 pm

Quoting wnflyguy (Reply 8):
But how is the Airtran crew going to get to SNA???

Options include deadheading into SNA via another airline from another FL city that sees SNA service from another airline. They could perhaps fly into LAX and then get transported to SNA from there. Another possibility could be to schedule crews to work multi-day trips that originate at ATL and puts them between the various markets in Mexico and SNA and SAT.

wnflyguy

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:52 pm

OK didn't even see SNA-Mexico city my bad. Mexico city-SNA-cabo-SNA-Mexico city. That's where the Airtran crew coming from. enjoy wnfg  
my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.

OzarkD9S

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:53 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 16):

so FLLSJU doesn't bring much to the network in that sense.

On its own, you are correct. I'm interested in seeing if those flights are scheduled for the local market or if FLL is being used as a stop on routings such as HOU-FLL-SJU or MDW-SJU-FLL in which case the feed potential is healthier.
Next up: STL-OAK-RNO-LAS-ICT-STL

atrude777
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:05 pm

Quoting wnflyguy (Reply 19):
OK didn't even see SNA-Mexico city my bad. Mexico city-SNA-cabo-SNA-Mexico city. That's where the Airtran crew coming from. enjoy wnfg

Also SAT-MEX is being looked at too.

Pretty easy routing...

ATL-SAT-MEX (or overnight in SAT)
MEX-SNA-Cabo-SNA
SNA-MEX-SAT-ATL

3 day trip 2 overnights.

I am sure it will be different but that's a pretty easy routing to figure out Air Tran into.

Alex

Cubsrule

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:05 pm

HOU-RDU/MCI/SEA

I've never understood why they can't make MCI-HOU work year-round, but then again I think both MCI and STL ought to be able to support more Texas service.

This is a smart addition; LGA-DEN is a route they ought to be on but the Saturday only plan was not working and cutting BWI or MDW frequency was never tenable.

Do we know for sure that these are the PHF slots? That's the most logical guess.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

ScottB

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:16 pm

Quoting Kcrwflyer (Reply 4):

Two shots at Frontier.

The bigger shot at Frontier is:

The SATMEX is going to be interesting. Both Interjet and Southwest's first foray into ethnic transborder, on the same route, with zero name recognition on the other side of the border. It's a good time to be someone that needs a SATMEX ticket!

Interjet will have connections at MEX, Southwest/AirTran will have connections at SAT from DAL/HOU/ELP/HRL/BNA/BWI/ATL/DEN/MDW. And CO ran SAT-MEX as a point-to-point route for many years.

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 1):
Finally, we got OKC-MDW. This was long overdue

FL already has much more feed from ATL and even BWI to SJU, so FLLSJU doesn't bring much to the network in that

WN does have quite a few unique non-stop routes into FLL as feed, but this might also be a message to B6 & NK as both encroach into some of WN's markets.

Seasonal:
HOU-RDU/MCI/SEA

I don't really "get" those being seasonal. Looks like HOU-MCI is another shot at Frontier.

enilria

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:21 pm

Quoting ScottB (Reply 23):

Two shots at Frontier.

The bigger shot at Frontier is:

Yeah that's huge. I will await the F9 crowd to say it is somehow an attack of UA and will have no effect on F9.

mariner

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:23 pm

I don't really "get" those being seasonal. Looks like HOU-MCI is another shot at Frontier.

I assumed that is just a - very mild - retaliation for Frontier's MCI-LAS and MCI-MCO.

If it is a retaliation at all - it's not exactly a Delta attack.

mariner

[Edited 2011-11-13 11:25:54]
aeternum nauta

MaverickM11

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Quoting OzarkD9S (Reply 20):
On its own, you are correct. I'm interested in seeing if those flights are scheduled for the local market or if FLL is being used as a stop on routings such as HOU-FLL-SJU or MDW-SJU-FLL in which case the feed potential is healthier.
WN does have quite a few unique non-stop routes into FLL as feed

Looks like everything could have been flowed over ATL. In any case, the bigger problem is fares are atrocious. STL/CHI to SJU start as low as $277 roundtrip. All in. Confirmed seat. On an actual plane. FLLSJU is hovering around $219rt.

but this might also be a message to B6 & NK as both encroach into some of WN's markets.

I think it absolutely is a belated retaliation in FLL, where most of the growth has been outside of WN's reach for years. It makes you wonder what WN's place is in FLL longerm, where they probably have the highest unit revenue, but also the highest unit costs by far. How does WN survive longterm in FLL, and elsewhere, when they are sandwiched between NK and B6?
E pur si muove -Galileo

atrude777
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:50 pm

While not confirmed, the obvious next step is that WN/FL will need to announce ATL-SNA to get FL Planes into SNA to do the Mexico flying should that get approved.

Taking a Peek at the Schedules...

Dropped Routes
ABQ-SLC
MDW-ISP

Alex

[Edited 2011-11-13 11:57:12]

Airport

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Out of curiousity, is there a PDF showing the changes like they used to have? If so, I've seemed to have trouble finding it during the last few schedule changes... Any help would be really appreciated!

CarsAir04

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:11 pm

Quoting enilria (Reply 24):
Yeah that's huge. I will await the F9 crowd to say it is somehow an attack of UA and will have no effect on F9

how about instead of just saying as always, that you don't like Frontier. Why not put this sentence in another form. Why can't it be a shot at both F9 and UA? Why does it just have to be at F9? So when every other airline in the world puts a route on top of an F9 route it is always against F9 and never against anyone else, or building their route map. Weird that everyone is going against such a small little airline like Frontier.

steex

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Quoting ERJ170 (Reply 15):
From what I can tell, the following are ALL seasonal service..

FL = BWI-SEA/LAX/MSY/SFO
WN = HOU-RDU/MCI/SEA; BNA-SEA/STL/SAN; LAS-ORF

I wonder if any will remain year-round.. but so far, they are all seasonal routes..

There is a misplaced comma in the blog post - it's not BNA-SEA/STL/SAN, it's BNA-SEA and STL-SAN. BNA-STL is not a seasonal route, it runs double daily year-round.

atrude777
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:24 pm

Quoting steex (Reply 30):

There is a misplaced comma in the blog post - it's not BNA-SEA/STL/SAN, it's BNA-SEA and STL-SAN. BNA-STL is not a seasonal route, it runs double daily year-round.

Actually not to pick on ERJ but he missread/quoted it wrong.

The Blog says it correctly...

"We’re also bringing back seasonal nonstop service between Nashville and Seattle-Tacoma, St. Louis, and San Diego, and between Norfolk and Las Vegas.'

As I mentioned earlier and I don't know how ERJ missed it..

Seasonal:
HOU-RDU/MCI/SEA

Returned:
STL-SAN
BNA-SEA
ORF-LAS

Alex

steex

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:33 pm

Quoting atrude777 (Reply 31):
Actually not to pick on ERJ but he missread/quoted it wrong.

"We’re also bringing back seasonal nonstop service between Nashville and Seattle-Tacoma, St. Louis, and San Diego, and between Norfolk and Las Vegas.'

No, ERJ is reading that quote correctly, the improper punctuation just makes the quote false. Including a comma between "St. Louis, and San Diego" makes them read not as a city pair, but rather as part of a list of three cities with service from Nashville. The unnecessary inclusion of the word "between" a second time further makes it appear that they're showing one list and one city pair, not three separate city pairs.

atrude777
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:37 pm

Quoting steex (Reply 32):

No, ERJ is reading that quote correctly, the improper punctuation just makes the quote false. Including a comma between "St. Louis, and San Diego" makes them read not as a city pair, but rather as part of a list of three cities with service from Nashville. The unnecessary inclusion of the word "between" a second time further makes it appear that they're showing one list and one city pair, not three separate city pairs.

Oh, I guess it was common knowledge for us that we knew what he was talking about.

I can see the confusion for those who don't know the WN market for those cities.

That's also why I clarified it in my post that I quoted just above.

Alex

drerx7

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:42 pm

Two shots at Frontier.

Actually 3 shots...HOU-MCI just started with Frontier E-jets.
Third Coast born, means I'm Texas raised

iowaman

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Quoting atrude777 (Reply 27):
MDW-ISP

Ouch, ISP has really been getting the cuts.

SANFan

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:24 pm

Quoting atrude777 (Reply 33):
I can see the confusion for those who don't know the WN market for those cities.
Quoting steex (Reply 30):
There is a misplaced comma in the blog post - it's not BNA-SEA/STL/SAN, it's BNA-SEA and STL-SAN. BNA-STL is not a seasonal route, it runs double daily year-round
Quoting atrude777 (Reply 31):
"We’re also bringing back seasonal nonstop service between Nashville and Seattle-Tacoma, St. Louis, and San Diego, and between Norfolk and Las Vegas.

Let me just jump in here for a moment guys.

BNA-SAN has NEVER been seasonal (as in "the route does is NOT operated at all certain times of the year"); I don't have access right now to when the route started but it was sometime before 2001. I do know that the route has seen a minumum of 1 n/s r/t continuously since then. The only seasonality of SAN-BNA is that starting in 2008, the route was reduced to only 1 time daily sometimes, and double daily the rest of the time.

And clarifying STL-SAN, the route began in May 2009, has operated 1x daily since; next April 15 thru June 1, the flight is (strangely) gone, and returns June 2. The blog calls this a "seasonal route" but I for one will wait to see if that is really the case... I'm still scratching my head about this.

Hope this helps with the debate about wording and punctuation.  

bb

atrude777
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:30 pm

Quoting SANFan (Reply 36):

And clarifying STL-SAN, the route began in May 2009,

May 9th, 2010

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...ights-in-key-markets-79415797.html

Southwest has also been beefing up its service to/from St. Louis, and the May schedule includes 10 additional flights to/from St. Louis, including new nonstop destinations of Los Angeles, Nashville, New Orleans, Raleigh/Durham, San Diego, and Seattle.

It will be reaching year 2 in 2012.

Quoting SANFan (Reply 36):

Let me just jump in here for a moment guys.

Steex and I both knew that, BNA-SEA is the topic that is being discussed, and with no fault of ERJ he read the statement as wording it to include the other cities.

I tried to avoid this very discussion WAY up in the beginning in reply 10, so either people are not reading it or skipping it.

Alex

smoot4208

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Are the actual frequency changes in the 61 markets viewable in a pdf yet? It says 41 see increases while 20 see decreases.

wnflyguy

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:56 pm

From what i'm hearing there are 6 planes that are being used for new service out of ATL but will not be announced until FEB or MAR 2012. enjoy wnfg :0)

bigbird

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:58 pm

Why are they still being listed as 2 separate carriers at that point in time? I thought Air Tran was supposed to disappear in April.
bigbird from georgia

WNCrew

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:03 pm

No codeshare yet still?
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

SANFan

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:05 pm

Quoting atrude777 (Reply 37):
May 9th, 2010

You are correct; my data base showed "May 09" (with the year in a separate column) and I looked too quickly...    Sorry 'bout that.

Quoting wnflyguy (Reply 39):
From what i'm hearing there are 6 planes that are being used for new service out of ATL but will not be announced until FEB or MAR 2012.
enjoy wnfg

Sounds logical to me.

bb

point2point

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:09 pm

Quoting Drerx7 (Reply 34):
Two shots at Frontier.

Actually 3 shots...HOU-MCI just started with Frontier E-jets.

Isn't it actually 4 shots.... DEN-LGA, since F9 flies here too, along with UA?

atrude777
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:12 pm

Quoting WNCrew (Reply 41):
No codeshare yet still?

Not Yet, and this is severely lacking especially in markets that do not see WN or FL combined, and markets like STL who cannot utilize any of FL's route additions (Example STL-FLL-SJU)

I hope they can get this figured ASAP!

Alex

Quoting point2point (Reply 43):

Isn't it actually 4 shots.... DEN-LGA, since F9 flies here too, along with UA?

Ahh but this isn't technically a new route for WN, WN used to fly this Saturday Only, so the "shot" at F9 for this route already happened.

It could be correct to say (if we are going to put it like this) 3 shots..
DEN-DAY/CAK, and MCI-HOU.

Alex

[Edited 2011-11-13 14:24:00]

point2point

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Quoting atrude777 (Reply 44):
Ahh but this isn't technically a new route for WN, WN used to fly this Saturday Only, so the "shot" at F0 for this route already happened.

It could be correct to say (if we are going to put it like this) 3 shots..
DEN-DAY/CAK, and MCI-HOU.

Hmmmmmm? Although I think that it's a big difference going from a once-weekly Saturday flight, to twice daily, isn't it?

atrude777
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:25 pm

Quoting point2point (Reply 45):

Hmmmmmm? Although I think that it's a big difference going from a once-weekly Saturday flight, to twice daily, isn't it?

It's certainly an expansion and a difference ya, but not new to me. Depends whom you're asking I suppose. Since this route is not new to WN/FL I don't consider it a "new shot".

Alex

point2point

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:51 pm

Quoting atrude777 (Reply 46):
It's certainly an expansion and a difference ya, but not new to me. Depends whom you're asking I suppose. Since this route is not new to WN/FL I don't consider it a "new shot".

Okay

Nonetheless, I don't know that F9 can really do much here, and as for UA, well, two routes from DEN involve them as well, but since UA already shares their routes with F9, I don't think that UA can consider these really their exclusive domain to defend (like other airlines we know, eh DL?) so I don't know that they can do too much either.

I believe that this now puts WN at 54 n/s cities from DEN, just behind MDW now at 57, and LAS at 55.

edit added - if we take BWI and add in all of their FL cities exclusive of the WN cities, I think that they'll be somewhere around 59 or so, so that may make them the largest WN station.

[Edited 2011-11-13 14:56:41]

einsteinboricua

Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:03 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 11):
Honestly I think WN is so late to the Puerto Rico party that they offer no value vs B6, who has much lower unit costs anyway.

That's what you think. If WN ever got to SJU, you can bet they'd want to turn SJU into a focus city (OK, maybe not that level, but still I'd see plenty of flights). The average PR traveler always searches for the cheapest. People are even willing to fly out at 3:00am on a B6 flight just because it's the lowest fare, so you can be sure that if WN enters, they'll also build up a pretty good position.

[Edited 2011-11-13 15:27:33]
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

CarsAir04

Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:05 pm

Quoting point2point (Reply 47):
I believe that this now puts WN at 54 n/s cities from DEN, just behind MDW now at 57, and LAS at 55

But yet I am fairly sure the average fare out of DEN is less than out of MDW and LAS. (I don't have have actual numbers, just from what I have seen posted) I understand the rational to keep the fares low to push against UA and F9, but you would think after a while they would start raising fares to what they average out of similar airports. Its been told on a.net many a time that WN is losing money out of DEN. Why continue to do that when you could raise fares and make a little more money. You don't see a 7-11 in Denver charging people here less money and making up for that loss in LAS or MDW.