ARN
Topic Author

Question About Ultra Long Flights With Stops!

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:13 pm

Given the success of flights like SQs SIN-BCN-GRU and SIN-DME-IAH as well as CA and their GRU service with stops at MAD I wonder if fellow a-netters could enlighten me on the following?:

1. Does a flight maximize revenue when an intermediary stop is half way to the final destination? In this scenario there are several potential stopovers with decent O/D. Some closer to original destination and some farther away.

I do not know the economics of flying myself when it comes to payload versus fuel and other components.

There are of course many flights that do not follow this pattern including QR and DOH-GRU-EZE and several others.

Cheers,

ARN

tdscanuck

RE: Question About Ultra Long Flights With Stops!

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Quoting ARN (Thread starter):
1. Does a flight maximize revenue when an intermediary stop is half way to the final destination? In this scenario there are several potential stopovers with decent O/D. Some closer to original destination and some farther away.

It all depends on the traffic at each stop...that drives both the payload and revenue at each stop and that, in turn, will drive the CASM and RASM of the overall flight.

Tom.