BW424
Topic Author

St.Vincent Land So Beautiful-Caribbean Aviation 92

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:46 am

Greetings to one and all!

Welcome to the 92nd instalment of the Caribbean Aviation Thread.This instalment is dedicated to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines!

Stanch resistance by native Caribs prevented colonization on Saint Vincent until 1719. The island chain was disputed between France and the United Kingdom for most of the 18th century, before eventually seceding to the latter in 1783. Between 1960 and 1962, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines was a separate administrative unit of the Federation of the West Indies. Autonomy was granted in 1969 and independence in 1979. The capital of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is Kingstown with the island's main airport being Ebenezer Theodore Joshua Airport aka. Arnos Vale Airport (SVD).

Just the name St Vincent and the Grenadines evokes an emotive response with visions of exotic and idyllic island life. An island chain buried deep within the Caribbean Sea, uncluttered by tourist exploitation; white sand beaches on deserted islands, sky-blue water gently lapping the shore and barely a soul around. Thirty-two islands dot the seascape, all vying to one-up each other in terms of tranquility. Once you get off the big island and into the Grenadines, everything changes. In Bequia, beaches stretch out before you, the pace of life slows to a crawl and the desire to go home vanishes. You’ll find unassuming budget hideaways, where you can escape from the world and live like a king on the income of a pauper. Or you can spend time on the island of Mustique where renting a house for the week will cost more than buying a luxury car.

Argyle International Airport

Argyle International Airport is the future international airport that is currently under construction. The groundbreaking took place in 2008, and the facility is expected to be completed by early 2014. The airport will replace the existing E.T. Joshua Airport, increasing passenger capacity by nearly four times compared to the older facility.More information can be accessed at the following link.

http://svgiadc.com/index.asp

******NEWS FEED******

Boeing 787-8 (N787ZA) and 747-8 conduct high humidity testing in BGI
LI still looking at partnership with CAL
CAL and Grenada to renew memorandum of understanding
CAL gets World Travel Award for Caribbean's Leading Airline.
Insel Air introduces BRM as it's 16th destination and looks to expand codeshare with US.
CAL fined US$60,000 by US DOT for limiting compensation to pax for delays
New GEO charter airline (EZJet) to commence operations with B767-200ER on GEO-JFK route initially.
First CAL ATR 72-600 (9Y-TTA) series delivered to base @ POS.
CAL takes delivery of 15th 738, ex Air Europa bird, registration (9Y-MBJ).
CAL to start 4x weekly KIN-MIA (BW 21/24) service December 13th with B738.
CAL to start 2x weekly POS-GND-YYZ (BW 608/609) service December 15th with B738

9Y-TTA resting in REC on her ferry flight.

Happy Posting!!
It is what we think we know already that prevents us from learning.......

2travel2know2

RE: St.Vincent Land So Beautiful-Caribbean Aviation 92

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:22 am

Quoting BW424 (Thread starter):

AA waiting for the opening so to start MIA - St Vincent?
I'm not on CM's payroll.

baje427

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:38 pm

What is that device under the tail on the ATR? it starts forward of the hummingbird on the underside if you understand my description.

time2lyme

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Quoting baje427 (Reply 2):
What is that device under the tail on the ATR? it starts forward of the hummingbird on the underside if you understand my description.

That'll be the arrestor hook for carrier landings   

fpofllflyboi

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Anyone knows how the Vision Airlines runs going for FPO? (i.e. loads and possibility for more destinations)

A388

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:18 pm

What kind of strange fruit is the red/black fruit? It looks like it's the seed of the fruit in the photo? Looks more like fruit from the movie Avatar 

Nice photos of the Caribbean Airlines ATR72. Where were they taken? Air Jamaica will restart MIA is per other threads, here's to hoping they will re-instate CUR as well...

A388

GUYAIR707

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:03 pm

Thank you for the new thread. Nice pics of TTA. Amerijet looks like it's landing on the grass.

Quoting A388 (Reply 5):
What kind of strange fruit is the red/black fruit?

That should be nutmeg.

GUYAIR707

jm02

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:33 pm

Quoting BW424 (Thread starter):

St Vincent and the Grenadines; one of my favourite places in the caribbean. Does anyone know anything about the Argyle airport having cross winds issues and being unsuitable for anything bigger than a 738 or is that just bad talking from the opposition.
If anyone has ever been in SVD when the Amerijet leaves after it's weekly flight they can confirm that its departure is quite a sight; loud and scary springs to mind.

airjamaica

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:49 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 5):
What kind of strange fruit is the red/black fruit? It looks like it's the seed of the fruit in the photo? Looks more like fruit from the movie Avatar 
Quoting GUYAIR707 (Reply 6):
That should be nutmeg.

It is a nutmeg alright. A very popular spice in Jamaica as well used in the preparation of porridge, eggnog etc. Think it is extremely popular in Grenada ( spice island ) too.
greenheart

GUYAIR707

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:51 pm

Quoting time2lyme (Reply 258):
Mainly because (as so many have already stated) pax don't like to go south before they go north, which I can understand.

(From previous thread)

I don't mean KIN-POS-LGW which I think is a far sojourn south, but like from Antigua south, including GEO, CCS, PBM, and as you suggested, TAB. Even POS-KIN-LGW I think is too far out for POS pax.

Incidently I see you mentioned POS-GEO-LGW which is a south-north route.

GUYAIR707

[Edited 2011-11-17 10:53:46]

guyanam

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:18 pm

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 1):

Unless they get subsdies there will be no AA MIA SVD route. The big honchos who do Canouan, etc wouldnt deal with MIA...thats what their private jets are for.

Because Surinam is close to Trinidad and PY is a huge money loser they might be a candidate. I suspect this is Nicholas' nonsense. Remember who you are dealing with.

Also every island in the E/Cbn enjoys sertvive to LGW. Why will anyone trek down to POS and then back up to LGW? If POS cant stand on its own...or with intransits from GEO it will not work. Maybe they hope that a nonstop will bleed passengers from BA, which will then reduce service. eliminating their advatange of daily flights.

[Edited 2011-11-17 13:39:58]

[Edited 2011-11-17 13:42:38]

GUYAIR707

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:29 pm

Quoting guyanam (Reply 10):
Also every island in the E/Cbn enjoys sertvive to LGW. Why will anyone trek down to POS and then back up to LGW? If POS cant stand on its own...or with intransits from GEO it will not work

Yeah maybe, and as Hummingbird said on another thread it would depend on the time slot CAL has at LGW and coordinating arrivals/departures to coincide with POS-LGW and then LGW-POS. In addition CAL may need more a/c to sell/feed that service. Probably not worth doing it that way or at all, let's see.

GUYAIR707

2travel2know2

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:54 pm

Quoting guyanam (Reply 10):
Because Surinam is close to Trinidad and PY is a huge money loser they might be a candidate. I suspect this is Nicholas' nonsense.

Well Sranang isn't in good terms with the European Aviation Authorities so that's probably why Nicholas may think it's possible to fly BW B767 POS-PBM-AMS on behalf of PY. Or it just was only a random coincidence.

Back to BW/JM LGW service, judging by the different opinions posted here, maybe twice weekly KIN-LGW-GEO-POS-LGW-KIN and once weekly KIN-LGW-POS-GEO-LGW-KIN could be the optimal route use for the B767.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

baje427

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:49 am

There was a US E190 in BGI today assume its a delivery flight I'm curious before BW discontinued their London services they competed against BA and VS with an outdated product . Would CAL with an upgraded product not be able to compete even on the Eastern Caribbean routes?

andrefranca

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:11 am

guyanam

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:17 am

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 12):

One way to ensure that the KIN LGW route fails is to force Jamaicans to endure a LOOOOOOONGGGGG trip to LOndon when a nonstop is available. POS will still stand alone as no one will fly out of KIN on that route.

BW taking over PY makes sense. The problem is Nicholas is so arrogant he might turn the Surinamers off. Doing some thing like making them connect thru POS to AMS.

2travel2know2

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:43 am

Quoting guyanam (Reply 15):
One way to ensure that the KIN LGW route fails is to force Jamaicans to endure a LOOOOOOONGGGGG trip to LOndon when a nonstop is available. POS will still stand alone as no one will fly out of KIN on that route.

In the referred post, I didn't mention a KIN-POS-LGW route but KIN-LGW and POS/GEO-LGW..
I'm not on CM's payroll.

BW424
Topic Author

Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:03 am

Quoting A388 (Reply 5):
Nice photos of the Caribbean Airlines ATR72. Where were they taken?

They were taken on TTA's rest period in REC.

No idea. Hopefully I'll know soon enough.

So it appears that the worst dou ever to grace CAL, Nicholas & Maharaj are intent on seeing "big plane" fly to all sorts of fancy destinations. I tell you, if this crap persists where there are announcements about unreasonable routes with diabolically erroneous timelines for startup (BOM before year's end    ), NO SANE CEO is ever going to grace CAL.......at least once these clowns are still there.

So for now.....I will put this potential Fabregas candidate to the back of my mind.

beeweel15

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:32 am

Quoting A388 (Reply 5):

It look like a nutmag.

Quoting A388 (Reply 5):
Air Jamaica will restart MIA is per other threads, here's to hoping they will re-instate CUR as well...

Dont worry soon enough.

Quoting BW424 (Reply 17):

No idea. Hopefully I'll know soon enough.

Could be some kind of tail support to prevent the plane from sitting on its tail but I could be wrong cause it is not on any of the other ATR72-600 pic I have seen so far.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Rodrigo Bertoli Rocha
View Large View Medium

Photo © T.Laurent

Basically to prevent this

View Large View Medium

Photo © Morris Biondi

bloodyrascal

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:15 pm

According to wikipedia Delta will be resuming their NAS-LGA after dropping the flight over a year ago. At first I was skeptical but did a flight search for the startup date on delta.com and noticed that it is indeed correct and they will be serving the route with a M88. I wish them all the best with this route again. Before they dropped the route at times delta had two flights and even operated the 757 on the route for a short while. Personally I think the A-319 would have been a better fit for the rout IMO

wadadli

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:56 pm

AA's JFK-ANU started yesterday

http://www.antiguaobserver.com/?p=67495

baje427

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:47 pm

Noticed an AB A332 is inbound to BGI thanks for the guesses on what's on the underside of the ATR tail the winter rush will begin shortly will be nice to see BGI busy again.

BW424
Topic Author

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:30 am

"Grenada Tourism Announces new service to Toronto"

"ST GEORGE'S, Grenada - Grenada's Tourism Officials have announced that Air Canada will begin direct flights between St George's and Toronto from the middle of next month.

It is a development that the officials say will give a big boost to the island's tourism during the peak winter months, and at a time when two other airlines are beginning their seasonal schedules.

Charter airline Sunwing is also resuming its annual one-month charter schedule from mid December, while Air Canada Vacations is also set to start its now five-month annual winter schedule.

But it is the new deal with Caribbean Airlines – which will last indefinitely – that has Tourism Minister Peter David excited about the prospect of a long term visitor arrival hike from the North American country."

http://sflcn.com/story.php?id=11022

Very nice to hear that CAL is spreading its wings in GND and profitably at that. So GND gets service from CAL to POS, JFK and now soon YYZ!

airfrancejfk

Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:52 pm

Looks like Guyana is finally getting a major upgrade to the airport at Timehri.

http://ncnguyana.com/ncngy/index.php...es-major-airport-expansion-project

GUYAIR707

Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:51 pm

Quoting airfrancejfk (Reply 23):

Yes looks good, they are saying 8 jetbridges, compared to none, for those who know GEO, and extension of runway by 3000 feet, however, there are elections on November 28th, so I am not so sure the contract will be honoured if the government changes.

GUYAIR707

baje427

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:03 pm

I can understand the runway extension at GEO but is traffic enough to warrant eight jet bridges or is it a case of if they build it they will come. With Ogle coming online wont LI and CAL shift their flights there.

2travel2know2

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:08 pm

Quoting GUYAIR707 (Reply 24):
Yes looks good, they are saying 8 jetbridges, compared to none

Aren't those 5-6 too many?
How many times per week GEO gets two jets at the same time?
Even if GEO gets pre-used jet-bridges, the investment for 8 at an airport which most likely won't need to use 5-6 in years is a waste of money. Some airports that have gone from ramp service to jetways usually get a couple of those and leave room in the terminal for where the extra ones will go so to buy them as they are needed.
And remember, there're airlines which like to save on airport fees which may not want to use jetways. Think if NK Spirit, Westjet and Convisa want to fly to GEO someday.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

GUYAIR707

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:20 pm

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 26):

I really don't feel they need jetways at all, waste of money, but...In the morning they have about 2-3 BW's and Delta, that's about it, so I would say 3-4 too many. During the summer and Christmas maybe a charter or two. That's what happens when politicians gone wild.

They're talking about 747-400's, probably thinking KLM will hop over from PBM, but I don't know if it's worth KLM's time to do that, maybe work with PY or some other carrier to feed them GEO-PBM. It will call for real work for GEO to become any kind of hub that would make the development at GEO worthwhile, that takes real planning, resources and product, combined with the airline industry as fickle as it is...

GUYAIR707

[Edited 2011-11-19 14:28:37]

wadadli

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:39 pm

Quoting baje427 (Reply 21):
Noticed an AB A332 is inbound to BGI thanks for the guesses on what's on the underside of the ATR tail the winter rush will begin shortly will be nice to see BGI busy again.

There were actually 2 Air Berlin flights into BGI yesterday from DUS and MUC in addition to a Condor flight from FRA. Im going to make an educated guess that there was a German ship doing a turn around yesterday in BGI.

A388

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:51 am

Quoting GUYAIR707 (Reply 24):
Yes looks good, they are saying 8 jetbridges, compared to none, for those who know GEO, and extension of runway by 3000 feet, however, there are elections on November 28th, so I am not so sure the contract will be honoured if the government changes.

GUYAIR707

Sounds more like trying to win votes more than anything. I can imagine that any political party wants to win a lot of votes since the accident of Caribbean Airlines there and the short runway needing extension to make it safer for the public. Adding a wishful thinking plan to it such as 8 jetways where there apparently is no need for more than three, maybe even two seeing how low traffic is to that airport. Nice story but "yeah right..."

A388

yellowtail

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:54 am

Just in case any of you guys missed it in the C. American thread Topic Air took delivery of these two brand new babies (pictured in Wichita on Wed) today....

These will now bring their 208 G1000 fleet to 9 with these two drawing assignments to RTB and SAP.

Next step should be some bigger aircraft to serve the rapidly growing BZE-GUA route and a foray into some W. Caribbean routes like GCM.
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

2travel2know2

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:57 am

Quoting yellowtail (Reply 30):
Next step should be some bigger aircraft to serve the rapidly growing BZE-GUA route and a foray into some W. Caribbean routes like GCM.

And HAV  
I'm not on CM's payroll.

GUYAIR707

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:46 pm

9Y-MBJ flying today as BW600 POS-BW. Not sure if this is the first revenue flight with BW.

Anyone knows if ANU is in service?

GUYAIR707

[Edited 2011-11-20 12:50:46]

[Edited 2011-11-20 12:51:41]

[Edited 2011-11-20 12:51:58]

[Edited 2011-11-20 12:52:27]

vfw614

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:57 pm

Maybe slightly off topic. but as those in the know are active in this thread:

If I am taking a trip like BON-CUR-ANU or BON-ANU-CUR, I am technically "in transit" at both airports. My understanding is that CUR has a low "transit tax" of 2 USD or so - how is the situation in AUA? And if I have a long connection, is it possible to leave the airport or will that result in the full, regular departure tax being levied?

BW424
Topic Author

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:55 am

Quoting GUYAIR707 (Reply 32):
9Y-MBJ flying today as BW600 POS-BW. Not sure if this is the first revenue flight with BW.

Yes, it is its first revenue flight. As for 9Y-ANU, I'm not sure. Probably still undergoing checks.

Quoting yellowtail (Reply 30):
Just in case any of you guys missed it in the C. American thread Topic Air took delivery of these two brand new babies (pictured in Wichita on Wed) today....

These will now bring their 208 G1000 fleet to 9 with these two drawing assignments to RTB and SAP.

Congrats!! Great to see Tropic air moving from strength to strength! Any idea as to what "bigger aircraft is being looked at? Possibly an ATR 42 or Saab 340?

A388

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:18 pm

Quoting vfw614 (Reply 33):
If I am taking a trip like BON-CUR-ANU or BON-ANU-CUR, I am technically "in transit" at both airports. My understanding is that CUR has a low "transit tax" of 2 USD or so - how is the situation in AUA? And if I have a long connection, is it possible to leave the airport or will that result in the full, regular departure tax being levied?

Hello vfw614, if you use CUR you will be able to leave the airport as you will switch airlines. You need to pick up your luggage as if your an arriving passenger and check-in again for your following flight. The advantage is that you can leave the airport, the disadvantage is that you will need to go through the entire process as an arriving passenger which isn't time consuming but you will need to do that. AUA and BON in your case aren't an option if you want to go to ANU (Antigua) because you will need to travel to CUR to go to ANU by using LI who does fly to POS from CUR with onward connection to ANU. Plus you can use Air Berlin directly to CUR from DUS if you want to go to CUR, BON, AUA and ANU. Use Air Berlin to CUR (A330-200), Insel Air to AUA/BON (MD82/F50) and LIAT to ANU (Dash-8-300). It is all possible in CUR. Insel Air by the way is German for Island Air!!!

A388  

guyanam

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Quoting baje427 (Reply 25):

I would imagine that LI would shift all its flights to OGL. CAL will run some flights to OGL, but will have to maintain most at GEO. Changing @ POS is a deal killer for most Guyanese.

Having said that 8 bridges is way to much for GEO. 3 maybe. Its possible that this exercise might be part of election gimmickry. Suddenly all sorts of big projects have emerged.

baje427

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:10 pm

Question have CAL ATR 72-600 been put into service as yet? also noticed CAL operated a SKB-YYZ route is this a new route or was it a diversion. BGI does not even has jet bridges and its much busier than GEO as many have mentioned its probably an election gimmick.

Quoting wadadli (Reply 28):

It was nice having these birds in BGI

yellowtail

Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:45 pm

Quoting BW424 (Reply 34):
ongrats!! Great to see Tropic air moving from strength to strength! Any idea as to what "bigger aircraft is being looked at? Possibly an ATR 42 or Saab 340?

Tropic is all about finding the right fit for the loads....they are sorta in the same boat as Cape Air right now....needing something twin seating about 20. Not much new out there.
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

8b775zq

Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:03 am

Quoting baje427 (Reply 37):
also noticed CAL operated a SKB-YYZ route is this a new route or was it a diversion

The SKB-YYZ flight was a charter for the national football team playing the 2nd leg qualifier against Canada.

A388

Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:27 pm

As per another thread, Aruba's Tiara Air will shortly take delivery of one 737-300 to start flights to FLL. The times for now are:

AUA 11:00 - 13:40 FLL
FLL 15:00 - 17:40 AUA

Their application is OST-2011-0215. Let's hope they will use it to CUR too!!!

A388

2travel2know2

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 40):
As per another thread, Aruba's Tiara Air will shortly take delivery of one 737-300 to start flights to FLL.

Since AUA has in-terminal U.S. Port of Entry, no need for Tiara to use FLL international terminal.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

andrefranca

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:41 pm

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 41):

A388

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:00 pm

Guys, as we have no members participating in the forum from the French Caribbean, we should put more attention to this part of the Caribbean as well. It went unnoticed that Air Caraibes will receive a brandnew A330-300 soon. It doesn't happen often that a Caribbean-based airline takes delivery of a widebody aircraft!!!

Instead of mainly discussing Trinidad and Jamaica aviation, let's also post news from the other islands if we come across them. Afterall, the Caribbean threads represents the entire Caribbean. The photo is in below link:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Clément Alloing

Congratulations to Air Caraibes on their brandnew aircraft!!! In a few years they will receive the A350XWB too!!! To my knowledge they also ordered the ATR72-600. To my knowledge Air Caraibes has the youngest and most modern fleet in the Caribbean!!!

In other news GOL is planning to start a major hub in the Dominican Republic connecting South America with North America.

A388

[Edited 2011-11-23 08:36:21]

aa1818

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:33 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 43):
In other news GOL is planning to start a major hub in the Dominican Republic connecting South America with North America.

Fantastic news. Can't wait to hear more details.

Quoting A388 (Reply 43):
Guys, as we have no members participating in the forum from the French Caribbean, we should put more attention to this part of the Caribbean as well. It went unnoticed that Air Caraibes will receive a brandnew A330-300 soon. It doesn't happen often that a Caribbean-based airlines takes delivery of a widebody aircraft!!!

Congrats to Air Caraibes! What's their fleet consist of now?

Quoting A388 (Reply 43):
Instead of mainly discussing Trinidad and Jamaica aviation, let's also post news from the other islands if we come across them. The photo is in below link:

I hear your concern, but this forum relied on members to post news they encounter. With the majority of members coming from Trinidad, Jamaica and Barbados- its not unusual for the members to be privy to more news about their home carriers. Perhaps we should seek out a "French Caribbean contributor", or perhaps you might want to make the extra effort to find us news stories on whats happening in the French Caribbean aviation scene. Either way, more diversity would definitely be encouraged and welcomed by all, i'm sure!

Cheers,
AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

andrefranca

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:36 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 43):

Yeah true! and This A330 might come in time to compete with Air France's brand new flight to the French west indies... Starting on november CDG - PTP

GOL has being making a lot of noise on the past 2 years saying they'll start MIA,SJU, HAV.... well I'll only believe when I see it!

A388

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:48 pm

Quoting aa1818 (Reply 44):
Congrats to Air Caraibes! What's their fleet consist of now?

As per the planespotters.net database (which in my experience is pretty reliable) the current Air Caraibes fleet consists of the following aircraft:

1 x A330-200
2 x A330-300
1 x A330-300 on order (probably the one I posted just now)
1 x ERJ190
3 x ATR72-200

I thaught I read somewhere that they also ordered the ATR72-600 but can't find any information about this now.

Quoting aa1818 (Reply 44):
Either way, more diversity would definitely be encouraged and welcomed by all, i'm sure!

Totally agreed  
Quoting andrefranca (Reply 45):
GOL has being making a lot of noise on the past 2 years saying they'll start MIA,SJU, HAV.... well I'll only believe when I see it!

Totally agreed here as well!!!

A388

2travel2know2

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:55 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 43):

Define hub. As known on these forums, hub is an airport where an airline operates plenty of flights timed accordingly so to provide immediate connections between its flights.
Is G3 going to operate lots flights to a Dominican Republic airport from different airports in South and North America at a defined time and allow passengers to connect between flights?
I understand the concept that Brazilians won't like to fly to a G3 hub @ MAO or BEL, go thru immigration/customs to continue to their final destination in Brazil and I know the Dominican Republic is very open skies, but the feasibility of such a venture, is quite doubtful.
It just looks like G3 is trying to set up a CM-like hub operation somewhere. Somebody has noticed CM Brazilian destinations expansion policy.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

caribbean484

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:31 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 46):

I have to agree, but as AA1818 said, with many of us from Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Antigua and Barbados most of the discussion will be focused around the English speaking Caribbean.
I try to post as much from every airline in the Caribbean as I can but Air Cariabes I don't get much from nor can I speak French.

I am not sure when this will stop but LIAT and Management at it again
"The Leeward Islands Airline Pilots' Association (LIALPA) has warned the management of LIAT and the traveling public of industrial action if the demand for the establishment of a pension fund is not met."
http://www.cbc.bb/index.php?option=c...gement&catid=37:regional&Itemid=93
All ah we is one family

A388

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:52 pm

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 47):
Define hub.

Well, what I understand GOL is working on exactly that.

A388

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos