atrude777
Topic Author

SWA Rapid Rewards/Air Tran A+ Rewards Updates

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:10 am

Hello All--

Many of those who are Rapid Reward Members probably got this in their e-mail but wanted to mention it here. This is not exactly huge news, more of a "it's about damn time"...

Southwest Airlines has partnered to provide more Rapid Reward Points when we go shopping online. Basically the only way to earn Rapid Reward Points was to buy flowers and some online stuff. Now they have expanded it to include a wide range of merchandise stores and well popular and well known brands.

I realize most airlines are already doing this, and that is why I say "it's about time!" This was a huge missing link in my opinion that WN needed to get going to spread access for Rapid Reward Program and make it more accessible for everyone. I had a feeling this was coming when they announced the conversion to a point system.

http://www.southwest.com/html/rapidr...promotions/rrshopping-partner.html

Click at the Link, sign up your account and start earning Rapid Reward Points!

On the A+ side WN is closing some Partners with Air Tran as they combine the Programs together.

http://www.aplusrewards.com/reward_partners.aspx

This link provides an update of what to expect in 2012 as the acquisition continues.

Happy Flying friends!

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

FWAERJ

RE: SWA Rapid Rewards/Air Tran A+ Rewards Updates

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:40 am

Quoting atrude777 (Thread starter):
On the A+ side WN is closing some Partners with Air Tran as they combine the Programs together.

I'm sure that most of the discontinued A+ Rewards partners won't be missed, but I'm also very surprised that IHG/Priority Club Rewards won't stay. Even though WN has several other Rapid Rewards hotel partners like Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest, losing Priority Club might be a dealbreaker for some.
"Did he really need the triple bypass? Or was it the miles?"

RamblinMan

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:48 am

more of a "it's about damn time"

Or really more of a "f-king great, now it begins..."

This was a huge missing link in my opinion that WN needed to get going to spread access for Rapid Reward Program and make it more accessible for everyone.

Why does it always need to be "more accessible for everyone?" It's called a frequent flyer program. If you're not a frequent flyer, it's not for you. All other airlines do this... notice how they have also systematically devalued miles? The two are related... too many miles (points, whatever) out there becomes a liability, but one that's easily solved simply by making it harder to redeem them.

RamblinMan

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:55 am

And another thing...

Quoting FWAERJ (Reply 1):
Even though WN has several other Rapid Rewards hotel partners like Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest, losing Priority Club might be a dealbreaker for some.

Since when is it a "deal-breaker" when an AIRLINE loyalty program ends its relationship with a hotel chain? Seriously? If you're in Rapid Rewards but don't actually fly on Southwest, probably time to re-evaluate.

usxguy

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:25 pm

no wonder Southwest extended me A-List thru the end of 2012.... they know a lot of us Air Tran Elites are not sticking around.. I've already made Delta Silver Elite...
xx