As part of Southwest's acquisition of AirTran, there's a big terminal shuffle going on right now at BWI.
* AirTran (previously located in concourse D) will move to Southwest's A/B concourse, effective as of right now.
* JetBlue moves to concourse D, effective as of right now.
* Effective December 2011, Delta will move from concourse C to concourse D. This will allow for AirTran to expand ops into concourse C. BWI is also working on building an airside walkway that will connect concourses B and C. This will allow Southwest / AirTran to have space in concourses A / B / C that is connected. Currently, only concourses A and B are connected airside.
* Current layout is as follows:
- A: Southwest
- B: Southwest/AirTran
- C: Delta, American
- D: US Airways, United, JetBlue, Continental, Cape Air
- E: Air Canada Jazz, British Airways, Condor, Vision Airlines
Just thought it would be nice to give everyone an update on one of the nation's fastest growing airports, one that I am proud to call home!