Mortyman
Topic Author

SAS In Collaboration With Singapore Airlines?

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:00 pm

SAS in collaboration with Singapore Airlines?

SAS will be in negotiations with Singapore Airlines for a work, according to Danish TakeOff.dk .

Read more here:

http://translate.google.com/translat....no%2Fart.asp%3Fid%3D48018&act=url

Anyone know anything more about this ?

Someone83

RE: SAS In Collaboration With Singapore Airlines?

Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:24 am

Well, SAS announced earlier this year a closer cooperation with Singapore. So this has probably something to to with this.

Lufthansa

Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:58 am

I think it probably has something to do with two aggressive Gulf Carriers starting to serve CPH,
and now ARN too. SAS needs to start working closer with some of its star partners and SIA is the
better one to do it with.

EBGflyer

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:15 am

Quoting Lufthansa (Reply 2):
something to do with two aggressive Gulf Carriers starting to serve CPH,

It probably is. Emirates and Qatar Airways are definitely doing well, although one shouldn't forget Gulf. Wondering how they are doing compared to the two others.
Future flights: CPH-BOS; CPH-SVG; CPH-PVG-HKG-MNL-DVO; CPH-CDG; CPH-NRT; CPH-MIA; CPH-PVG

flythere

Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:12 am

Just more codeshare. That's it.
To my surprise AY out-grown SAS for East Asia routes by a large portion, it's already late for SAS to wake up.

jfk777

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:38 pm

SAS has been flying to Bangkok and Singapore for years. DID SAS stop flying to Singapore ?

Someone83

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:39 pm

Quoting jfk777 (Reply 5):
DID SAS stop flying to Singapore ?

Yes, it used to be a tag-on from BKK, and was ceased some years ago

copenhagenboy

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:52 pm

There are some different rumours. One of them is that SAS and Singapore Airlines are negotiating about creating a joint venture on daily flights between Copenhagen and Singapore. Maybe even creating a new "company" for this purpose. Later they will look at Stockholm and maybe even Helsinki.
But as said: rumours.

arn777

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:54 pm

It would be very strange if they did not consider OSL, Norway having such a close business relation to Singapore and being the 6th biggest European investor in Singapore, about the same size as Switzerland.

ARN maybe but HEL??! Dominated by AY and OneWorld? I think the journalist have taken a few Danish schnaps too many...:D

Correct me if I am wrong but did not Norway have more trafic to Singapore than Denmark in spite of not having a direct link?

EBGflyer

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Quoting Arn777 (Reply 8):
Correct me if I am wrong but did not Norway have more trafic to Singapore than Denmark in spite of not having a direct link?

I don't know the actual numbers for Norway and Denmark, but even if it was the case that there is more traffic from Norway, it doesn't necessarily make OSL a better choice. OSL is in Norway, but is not all of Norway.

1) A lot of passengers fly out of Norway directly from their regional airports in ie BGO, SVG etc and they might as well connect in CPH as they'd have to make a connection anyway.

2) Total demand in Denmark is more concentrated around CPH rather than spread out as it would be in Norway. Relative local demand vs connecting pax would be higher. If you swtiched the flights so it origined in OSL instead, you would have a relative higher number of locals having to connect. They'd probably choose other 1-stop connections and SQ would lose more by this than the traffic they'd potentially lose if the flight origins in CPH.

3) CPH reaches beyond Denmark. Not sure how these numbers are measured, but it might not have included the southern part of Sweden.
Future flights: CPH-BOS; CPH-SVG; CPH-PVG-HKG-MNL-DVO; CPH-CDG; CPH-NRT; CPH-MIA; CPH-PVG

staralliance85

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:32 pm

It is a about time SAS steps up their efforts to form stronger relationships with Star Alliance carriers. I know that SAS is not in great financial shakes so they should strengthen their relationships with UA,LH and TG, as well. Do you think the Lufthansa Group is eyeing a SAS takeover?
brad Fitzpatrick

Mortyman
Topic Author

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:02 pm

Quoting staralliance85 (Reply 10):
It is a about time SAS steps up their efforts to form stronger relationships with Star Alliance carriers. I know that SAS is not in great financial shakes so they should strengthen their relationships with UA,LH and TG, as well

According to the article:

SAS will also be in talks with Lufthansa, United Airlines and Air Canada on the assumption of the "Atlantic Plus", a "joint venture" for the flight across the Atlantic.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos