qf340500

CX New Regional Business Class?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:02 am

I was at a CX event last week in Singapore, where the host of the event, CX - GM of South East Asia indicated that there is going to be a new regional Business Class introduced "in due course"; anyone have any idea on the time frame involved, also the type of seat they would likely introduce, given they are also introducing the new Premium Economy in early 2012.

kaitak

RE: CX New Regional Business Class?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:59 am

I heard rumours that the "old" Business Class currently on most of the L/H fleet was going to be moved to the regional fleet; my immediate thought was "please, NO!", but at the end of the day, they're taking these seats out of all of their 330s and 77Ws, so do they chuck them away altogether or find some use for them; hopefully they have learned from their experience with these seats and will get rid of them altogether, but it's a big financial write-off.

CX Flyboy

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:57 am

They have stated that the long haul business class will NOT make it into the regional fleet. An entirely new regional business class seat is due to be announced next year.

Flying Belgian

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:08 am

Better like this since they have to compete with the very nice SQ regional product.

I trust CX will introduce something very nice as well !
Life is great at 41.000 feet...

RogerThat

Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:05 pm

What's wrong with the current version of CX Business Class? Just flew them HKG-PEK in B777 and all was Top Notch.

LUV there Trans-Pac offerings as well. Although, the seat is a tad narrow for my wide body.

alexchao

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:41 pm

Quoting RogerThat (Reply 4):
What's wrong with the current version of CX Business Class? Just flew them HKG-PEK in B777 and all was Top Notch.

For me, I've been on some regional A330s where the Business Class seat was still pretty comfortable but quite old. The IFE system definitely could use a refresh.

planejamie

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:13 pm

Quoting alexchao (Reply 5):
For me, I've been on some regional A330s where the Business Class seat was still pretty comfortable but quite old. The IFE system definitely could use a refresh.

I flew with the old regional business class seat RUH-BAH-HKG-RUH in April 2010 on an A330. The IFE could do with an update to AVOD, but the seat was fine, plenty of legroom, electronic controls, very comfortable, just not easy to sleep in on a 8+ hour flight (maybe a lie flat bed might be better?)

Asiaflyer

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:33 pm

Quoting RogerThat (Reply 4):

Top notch? 45 inch pitch in a poor reclining seat is way off what the best Asian airlines offer today.
An upgrade is more than over due.
SQ,MI,MH,CX,KA,CA,CZ,MU,KE,OZ,QF,NZ,FD,JQ,3K,5J,IT,AI,IC,QR,SK,LF,KL,AF,LH,LX,OS,SR,BA,SN,FR,WF,1I,5T,VZ,VX,AC,NW,UA,US,

rifkyrifky

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:38 am

Quoting Flying Belgian (Reply 3):

I hope so.. But i really wish that CX would NOT put the herring bone seats un the new regional business class.. and i hope that the new regional one is also good like the new LongHaul Business class 

Regards,
Rifky

CX Flyboy

Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:21 am

Quoting rifkyrifky (Reply 8):

I hope so.. But i really wish that CX would NOT put the herring bone seats un the new regional business class.. and i hope that the new regional one is also good like the new LongHaul Business class 

As I already said above, CX has said that the herringbone will NOT go into the regional business class.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos