GIANCAVIA

Eagles Airlines (AlpiEagle2) Ceases Operations

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:19 pm

Well there was a thread about what smaller European airlines would dissapear this winter a couple of weeks ago and it seems skyliner is reporting PRIMA (Eagles Airlines) Have ceased operations.

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/news.main?LC=nav3

Sucks I kinda liked their colourscheme, Using different colours then the normal light blue or red & its always great to see a Fokker.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/giancarlodinghile/6419534799
^Luckily caught one of their Fokker 100's operating into Luton on a champions League Final flight.

So who will be next to fall?

UM78

RE: Eagles Airlines (AlpiEagle2) Ceases Operations

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:04 am

Will disappear all the airlines driven by unclear business models...

AMSSFO

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:16 am

It's a pity, particularly because the demise of PRIMA Aero Trasporti Italiani (formerly Eagles Airlines) means another two active F100 less in Europe.

Fokker 100 I-GIOA was ferried to WOE at October 27th. I-GIOI arrived at WOE at November 16th. It operated the last flight (Bologna to Catania) at October 30.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Roberto Bianchi Piti Spotter Club
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Varani Ennio - Piti Spotter Club

The forced renaming and change of management didn't help them. However the company apparently has plans to restart in the summer of 2012 with Boeing 737-400/500.

GIANCAVIA

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:31 am

Quoting UM78 (Reply 1):
Will disappear all the airlines driven by unclear business models...

Yeah I didnt really understand what they did as Eagles Airlines, When they were alpieagles it was more clear.

Quoting AMSSFO (Reply 2):
The forced renaming and change of management didn't help them. However the company apparently has plans to restart in the summer of 2012 with Boeing 737-400/500.

Yikes they dont give up do they. Wonder what kind of way they will use eagle this time? Maybe Aquile.

On another note.. did Itali Airlines cease operations officially? I know they stopped services a while back because their owner was arrested over some tax scam stuff but never heard if the airline ceased trading.

UM78

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Well, for Itali On March 11th, 2011, the air operator's certificate has been suspended due to the persistence of some critical issues from the carrier.
So they are not operating any more. Is the company still exist under a legal point of view, this i have no idea.

UM78

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Quoting Giancavia (Reply 3):
Yeah I didnt really understand what they did as Eagles Airlines, When they were alpieagles it was more clear

Anyway, according to the company statements, they where not chained to the former Alpi Eagles......

GIANCAVIA

Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Quoting UM78 (Reply 4):
Well, for Itali On March 11th, 2011, the air operator's certificate has been suspended due to the persistence of some critical issues from the carrier.
So they are not operating any more. Is the company still exist under a legal point of view, this i have no idea.

Ah gotcha.. shame I liked them.

I know they had an MD80 Impounded at Gatwick for a long time.

Quoting UM78 (Reply 5):
Anyway, according to the company statements, they where not chained to the former Alpi Eagles......

lol Except they were the same owners and nearly used the same name. 

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos