bastew
Topic Author

KLM In-flight Dating Via Facebook.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:33 pm

What a cool concept!

Maybe they should make a few bathrooms bigger  http://news.sky.com/home/technology/article/16130490

deltaflyertoo

RE: KLM In-flight Dating Via Facebook.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:26 pm

I think this is a new low for FB and society in general. I just saw a presentation yesterday on the future of cable tv, which will include a live FB news feed on the side bar of the tv screen and now this. Natgeo had an article yesterday about tech and travel and was talking about how now you can get off a plane in Denver and as you walk up the jetway your Iphone can automatically give you list of whats available in the food court and how to get there. I mean, seriously. Are we now a society that can't do the most basic task like selecting an airline seat or deplaning without consulting FB and or our phone for assistance?

GRANTED this FB development could be fascinating, however I've learned people who engage these apps to the fullest usually are very boring in person (i.e. they live through the tech world, not reality). So I'm sure knowing me I'd find someone that looked hot and interesting only to find they are lump on log for the 11 hour trip to Europe. LOL.

flyingturtle

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:41 pm

"Facebooking". It's a good idea if the data KLM will use is already publicly accessible - because people have a habit of giving away their data for free, not seeing its monetary value.

If they can allocate an intelligent seat neighbour, I'd love such thing. But is the opposite also true? Can I fly for free if my seat neighbour is a complete bastard? 

[Edited 2011-12-14 15:44:46]
Keeping calm is terrorism against those who want to live in fear.

peanuts

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:46 pm

Quoting deltaflyertoo (Reply 1):

I think this is a new low for FB and society in general
Quoting deltaflyertoo (Reply 1):
however I've learned people who engage these apps to the fullest usually are very boring in person

I'm not so sure about either opinion.

As we evolve, we become more "efficient". We want to cut out the clutter in our lives and have more of the "good" moments. Leave fewer things "up to chance", so to speak.
Teens nowadays are extremely open minded and quick witted. This will be a hit for the new ones. And people in my age bracket may just "dabble" with hit just for the heck of it...  

[Edited 2011-12-14 15:48:26]

FlyKev
Crew

Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:24 am

All,

This topic is a double of: Choosing Your Seat Neighb. Trough Facebook: KLM (by travelavnut Dec 5 2011 in Aviation Polls)

Therefore this duplicate thread will be locked and posters wishing to post comments are requested to post them in the other thread. Any post that appears after this message will be removed for housekeeping reasons only.

On behalf of the forum moderators,

FlyKev
The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only