atrude777
Topic Author

F9 Starts New/Resuming Seasonal Service.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:57 pm

DENVER, December 07, 2011 - Just in time for winter, Frontier Airlines is launching new nonstop seasonal service to Florida from two Midwestern cities and reinstating seasonal Florida service from three others beginning Dec. 15, 2011, and continuing into April 2012.

Schedule Here:

The new nonstop seasonal service will be offered in three markets:

Des Moines, Iowa (DSM) to/from Orlando, Fla. (MCO)
Des Moines, Iowa (DSM) to/from Tampa, Fla. (TPA)
Madison, Wis. (MSN) to/from Orlando, Fla. (MCO)

Additionally, Frontier will reinstate nonstop seasonal service in four markets.

Kansas City, Mo. (MCI) to/from Ft. Myers, Fla. (RSW)
Milwaukee (MKE) to/from Ft. Myers, Fla. (RSW)
Omaha, Neb. (OMA) to/from Orlando, Fla. (MCO)
Omaha, Neb. (OMA) to/from Tampa, Fla. (TPA)

http://media.frontierairlines.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=5308

Always a pleasure to see any airline expanding anytime they can! E190 seems like a smart choice to use for those routes.

Good Luck to F9!

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

joeljack

RE: F9 Starts New/Resuming Seasonal Service.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:26 pm

So how do these look load wise over the next month?

mariner

Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Quoting atrude777 (Thread starter):
The new nonstop seasonal service will be offered in three markets

There's more to come - MCI-MCO/TPA, for example, and more Mexico.

Frontier is set to announce PVR and SJD from ORD, and three more CUN routes (PHL, CLE and RFD) are waiting on DOT approval.

Some of the Apple flying has already started (PHL, eg) and today sees the start of Frontier's ORD-HUX - it's in the air now:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FFT8547

At peak, Frontier will be flying seven routes from ORD for Apple and two of them as scheduled.

Quoting joeljack (Reply 1):
So how do these look load wise over the next month?

Pretty much as you would expect - I guess MCO will be a tad more popular than TPA.

http://www.nbc15.com/newsyoucanuse/h...do_Takes_Off_Dec_16_135726423.html

"Inaugural flight booked to capacity as Wisconsinites seek warmer weather."

mariner

[Edited 2011-12-17 10:13:28]
aeternum nauta

iowaman

Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:02 am

Quoting atrude777 (Thread starter):
Des Moines, Iowa (DSM) to/from Orlando, Fla. (MCO)

It'll be interesting to see how G4 holds up. They've gotten quite a following over the years in DSM.

amccann

Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:55 am

Quoting iowaman (Reply 3):
Quoting atrude777 (Thread starter):Des Moines, Iowa (DSM) to/from Orlando, Fla. (MCO)

It'll be interesting to see how G4 holds up. They've gotten quite a following over the years in DSM.

It will be interesting indeed. I personally hope that Frontier is sucessful on both the DSM-MCO and DSM-TPA route. It seems Frontier has also gotten a small following in DSM, of my previous 4 round trips from DSM I have flown Frontier 2 of the 4 times, and if I had to guess all flights were >85% load factor. There is just something I enjoy more about Frontier serving DSM than I enjoy about G4 serving DSM.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. - Ronald Reagan

dbo861

Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:12 am

Quoting amccann (Reply 4):
There is just something I enjoy more about Frontier serving DSM than I enjoy about G4 serving DSM.

I agree. In just over a year that they've been serving DSM-DEN, they've gone from one daily E190 to double daily A319s beginning in January. I'm not sure about DSM-TPA, but I know MCO is a very popular destination from DSM. They could easily do more than just the 2x per week.

slcdeltarumd11

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:40 am

Not to be a negative Nancy but these routes seem disappointing to me. None will ever really make much money, can they? Even if these break even or make a few pennies i don't see frontier being in a position where that is good thing.

mariner

Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:11 am

Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 6):
Not to be a negative Nancy but these routes seem disappointing to me. None will ever really make much money, can they? Even if these break even or make a few pennies i don't see frontier being in a position where that is good thing.

Sorry, but I don't understand that post at all.

Frontier's original 1 x daily DSM-DEN had a revenue guarantee from DSM business people - which guarantee was not used.

mariner
aeternum nauta