UAL747
Topic Author

NH To IAH In The Near Future?

Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:34 am

Just wondering if NH had any plans or rumors to start IAH in the near future? It would be a nice compliment to the 772ER of UA, though UA may want to perform this additional flight in their own metal. I think NH would do very nicely with a 77W on the route, and given the connections to Brazil and the rest of South/Latin America, it might make a great gateway. I think the route is too large for the 787. Anyone know if there are any plans?

UAL
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

aznmadsci

RE: NH To IAH In The Near Future?

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:45 am

As rumored from UA Crossfleeting At IAH...747coming? ... UA may bring the 744 to do NRT. It would be interesting to see if NH adds a second flight, possibly a later flight, but it would still be a long layover arriving from NRT to connect to GRU or GIG.
The journey of life is not based on the accomplishments, but the experience.

UAL747
Topic Author

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:52 am

Quoting aznmadsci (Reply 1):
UA may bring the 744 to do NRT. It would be interesting to see if NH adds a second flight, possibly a later flight, but it would still be a long layover arriving from NRT to connect to GRU or GIG.

Oh, I meant sending carriers on to Brazil and Latin America via United's Mega Latin America hub at IAH. The 77W of NH would turn and go back to NRT. (Or day I say, Haneda?)
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

atct

Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:37 am

It wouldnt be too long a layover. Roughly 6-7 Hours for GRU/GIG/EZE and much shorter for the closer South and Central American connections such as MEX, LIM, BOG, MGA, GUA. Those connecting would most likely be business travelers who would be using the lounges.

I would love to see a 77W or 787 on NRT-IAH from NH. Maybe an earlier flight to catch the mid-day Cent and South American departures as well as east and gulf coast cities before dinner.

atct
Trikes are for kids!

aznmadsci

Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:37 am

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 2):
Oh, I meant sending carriers on to Brazil and Latin America via United's Mega Latin America hub at IAH. The 77W of NH would turn and go back to NRT. (Or day I say, Haneda?)
Quoting atct (Reply 3):
It wouldnt be too long a layover. Roughly 6-7 Hours for GRU/GIG/EZE and much shorter for the closer South and Central American connections such as MEX, LIM, BOG, MGA, GUA. Those connecting would most likely be business travelers who would be using the lounges.

Basing a proposed IAH flight using the current UA flight, a noon or 1300 departure to NRT on NH would arrive around 1000 - 1100. Those connecting to MEX and Central America would have shorter layovers compared to those going to EZE, GIG, or GRU where those flights leave around 2100, almost a 9-10hr layover. On the return to NRT, layover times would not be much of a problem.

I definitely think a HND-IAH would not work as well relying on both O/D, which is rather low. What would work is UA and NH reworking the schedules, especially since both have ATI. I postulate NH could take over the current UA schedule using a 77W and UA introduces a later NRT flight still on a 772 and later upgauge to a 744.
The journey of life is not based on the accomplishments, but the experience.

kc135topboom

Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:29 am

Why not simply fly AA NRT-DFW, then use AA connections to South America? One carrier the entire route and return.

Tdan

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:29 pm

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 5):
Why not simply fly AA NRT-DFW, then use AA connections to South America? One carrier the entire route and return.

UA/NH would be the same thing with their JV. Same as AA/JL will be. Plus UA/NH will have more coverage to Mexico and Central America from IAH than AA from DFW

I think NH will be in IAH sooner rather than later with the 787. NH could really compliment the UA nonstop with a 1100 out of NRT, returning from IAH around 0930. UA might adjust its schedules a bit later to give more time of day coverage...maybe like a 1300 out of IAH and a 1430 return?
We will ride this thunderbird, silver shadows on the earth, a thousand leagues away our land of birth... -Captain Bruce

UAL747
Topic Author

Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:18 pm

I believe that United is better connected through IAH to ALL of South and Latin America, not just Mexico and Central America, giving passengers better connections connecting from NRT.

UAL

2travel2know2

Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:23 pm

While it could be an attractive product for some, flying between TYO and Latinamerica w/NH-UA via IAH, will force passengers to go thru U.S. F.I.S. and require those who need visas to have them.
If it's the Latin America (except Mexico) - Far East traffic one's talking about, then IMHO, it's CM who should woo NH to fly to PTY.

If NH's Star Alliance pal UA already flies IAH-NRT, then there might be no need for NH to also fly that route. Unless NH is looking to complement UA IAH-NRT with something like NGO-IAH or KIX-IAH, and that possibility seems very iffy.
I'm not on CM's payroll.