FFlyerCDG
Topic Author

Major Problem Tonight For UX1009 In CDG

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:26 pm

http://www.francetv.fr/info/un-avion...y-sans-faire-de-blesses_44677.html

Sorry...Link in French only !

For those not too fluent in French, UX 1900 VLC - CDG made a successful landing in CDG at 09:20 PM local but, for an unknown reason, had a problem on it's way to the terminal building and stopped in the mud on the side of the runway before reaching the terminal building.

None of the 162 crew/passengers were injured but, according to one of the passengers who give a call to the AFP News Agency while on board, everyone was still stocked on board at around 10:30 PM because the emergency vehicles were unable to get close to the aircraft because of the mud around it...

BasilFawlty

RE: Major Problem Tonight For UX1009 In CDG

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:30 pm

I think you mean flight UX 1009? Aircraft involved is 737-800 EC-JHL.
'Every year donkeys and mules kill more people than plane crashes'

FlySSC

Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:16 am

Not only this is not a "Major Problem" ... It's rather a non-event.

foxxray

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:10 pm

Major problem ?!!!

It's a runway overrun... Probably due to aquaplaning when exiting runway via the rapid exit taxiway !

goldorak

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:18 pm

you probably loved as much as me some terms of the linked article : "grosse frayeur" et "l'accident spectaculaire". Journalism at its best  

Geezer

Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:55 pm

[quote=FFlyerCDG,reply=0]For those not too fluent in French,.......................

Say no more ! Not too fluent in French ? ( LOL ! ) With just those short 7 words, you have just won the Grand Prize for biggest understatement of 2011 ( which, where I live, ends in about 12 more hours from now ) Congratulations !

Not only am I not fluent in French, I don't even know a single word of the language, and probably couldn't pronounce it properly if I did ! ( I'm still attempting to learn enough Italian so I'll know what's going on when I go to the Opera )

Happy New Year Everyone !

Charley
Stupidity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result; Albert Einstein

ferminbrif

Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:07 pm

There´s something I don´t understand: there was a problem on it's way to the terminal building and stopped in the mud on the side of the runway ……and according to one of the passengers who give a call to the AFP News Agency while on board, everyone was still stocked on board at around 10:30 PM. That´s to say more than 1 hour later….. How is that possible???

My question: In case of emergency, pax are not supposed to be able to leave the plane in just 90 secs..???? Remember AF Flight 358 at YYZ.
Thanks a lot

lhr380

Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:14 pm

Quoting ferminbrif (Reply 6):

It depends on the situation. From what has been said it went off the taxi way, unless ha happened at high speed and there was a fire or something there is no reason to evacuate the plane.
(The views on this site are my own and no one elses)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos