Hello everyone and happy new year !!!
As I do every year, I post the year in review.
- American announces huge order. Selects A319/321 and B737-800/8MAX as MD-80 replacement.
- American files Chapter 11.
- ANA takes delivery of first B787.
- Emirates announces order for 77W and additional A380 aircraft.
- KLM retires last Classic 737.
- SN announces new route: BRU-JFK.
- Southwest orders B737-MAX.
- LAN and TAM announce merger.
- Continental and United complete merger: no more aircraft with Continental titles.
- Fed Ex orders B767-300Fs.
- China Southern receives first A380.
- Airbus announces A340 production line closure.
- Airbus announces A320 NEO.
- LOT 767 lands in WAW without gear down.
- American orders the 77W.
- JAL retires last 747.
- Third parallel runway in FRA is ready.
- Delta orders the 739ER.
- United celebrates 80th anniversary: paints A320 aircraft in retro livery.
- Air Tran and Southwest announce merger.
- Pan Am TV show on ABC.
This is my forecast for 2012:
- Thai receives first A380.
- SN starts flying TATL.
- American starts flying the 77W to LHR (if not this year, 2013 at the latest).
- United receives first 787.
- Delta retires last DC-9.
- Kingfisher joins One World.
- ANA starts flying the 787 to Europe: FRA is first European destination.
- JAL receives first 787.
- Air Canada celebrates 75th anniversary.