Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:34 pm

You can read about it here. I will try and post up some pics too. Enjoy

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Southw...roduces-prnews-3396610344.html?x=0

aznmadsci

RE: WN's New Interior

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:40 pm

In that same article, they post a YouTube link of the process:

The Evolution of EVOLVE: The New Southwest Interior
The journey of life is not based on the accomplishments, but the experience.

flyer737sw
Topic Author

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Quoting aznmadsci (Reply 1):
In that same article, they post a YouTube link of the process:

The Evolution of EVOLVE: The New Southwest Interior

Nice, I totally overlooked that link. Good find.

The seating capacity will increase from the current 137 to 143.

Alitalia744

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:48 pm

Apart from color, it looks like every other airline's interior - streamlined slimline seats, reduced pitch (albeit slimlines maintain leg space) and reduced recline (which is being touted as a positive here to reduce invasion of "living space").

Interesting that they didn't go with articulating seat pans to drive further comfort.

None the less an improvement vs. their older heavier seats, so well done WN.
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

hiflyeras

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:52 pm

They're selling it as an 'improvement'....but meanwhile they're adding one MORE row to their aircraft while using the same seat frame AND reducing the seat recline by 1".

They say the seat pitch will be the same...so how is it possible to add a row and use the same metal hardware? Seat pitch is the measurement between the front of the seat cushion and the seat back in front of your knees. So the seat padding/cover is going to have to be 1" thinner...meaning one inch less padding OR the seat cushion is 1" smaller...or maybe a combination of the two.

freakyrat

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:59 pm

I like the colors. It's very business like and refines especially the bulkhead trim. I also like the carpeting colors.

beachbum1970

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:18 pm

I like it! While watching the video, it looks like the new carpeting is actually carpet "tiles"? You can see the technicians installing them square by square in the video. Interesting and pretty smart actually. If you happen to get a nasty stain or rip in the carpeting, just take out a tile and replace it with a new one, instead of replacing a whole carpet section.

I also like the new bulkhead design. Looks nice. Many airlines today no longer have any kind of designs or graphics on the bulkhead walls.

san88

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:30 pm

sit on the Captain side when you fly into SAN

aeroblogger

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Looks really good. Saves weight, increases capacity, more comfortable for pax. Win-win!

[Edited 2012-01-17 08:33:41]
Airports 2012: IXE HYD DEL BLR BOM CCU KNU KTM BKK SIN ICN LAX BUR SFO PHX IAH ORD EWR PHL PVD BOS FRA MUC IST

timpdx

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Thank god for reducing recline, all it does is take away someone elses space. Its a nice interior, the tiles are interesting to see and probably make maintenance easier. Generally like it, although a strong accent color would be welcome.

Is it really a reduced pitch or is it just slimmer seat that keep the same pitch?

av8orwalk

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Good riddance to those carpeted bulkheads. They were ripped weeks after installation. These look really nice! Way to go Southwest. Can't wait to ride on one of these.

Cheers
Drew MCO
The safest place to be in an airplane crash is on the ground.

lightsaber
Crew

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Quoting HiFlyerAS (Reply 4):
They say the seat pitch will be the same

It will be the knee room is the same.

Quoting timpdx (Reply 9):
Is it really a reduced pitch or is it just slimmer seat that keep the same pitch?

Slimmer seat maintains knee room.

I noted this in the OP link: "Seats: The new seats are constructed using eco-friendly products that offer more durability of the current seat, as well as a weight savings of nearly six pounds per seat. A lighter weight fill from Franklin Products in the back of the seat provides increased Customer comfort. The improved durability of the redesigned seat coupled with fuel savings from 635 pounds less weight per aircraft is expected to result in more than $10 million in ongoing annual cost savings.
"

Doing the math, the seats now weigh, in total (I assume including added O2 masks, lighting, and such) ~41lbm/each.
That gives for 'free' (after seat costs) the weight needed for 3 of the 6 additional passengers. Since WN really doesn't push the 73G, there will be no issue with a fully loaded 73G performing WN's missions.

Lightsaber
"They did not know it was impossible, so they did it!" - Mark Twain

yeelep

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:00 pm

They say the seat pitch will be the same...so how is it possible to add a row and use the same metal hardware? Seat pitch is the measurement between the front of the seat cushion and the seat back in front of your knees. So the seat padding/cover is going to have to be 1" thinner...meaning one inch less padding OR the seat cushion is 1" smaller...or maybe a combination of the two.

I read the article twice and nowhere did did they state that the seat pitch will stay the same. My take is 1" thinner seat back and 1" reduction in actual seat pitch.

There are two ways of measuring seat pitch, neither of which are as you describe. The actual seat pitch is the measurement between the same point on adjacent seat rows, this is used when installing seats and is the preferred airline dimension. The other which is a more accurate measurement of actual legroom is from the front of the seat back cushion to the seat back in the next row forward.

atrude777

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Lightsaber covered it pretty well...

By technicality, the Seat Pitch won't be the same if we are referring to Back of the Chair to the next Back of the Chair. However the Leg Room will NOT be compromised and that's the real concern here.

I am glad to see them getting rid of the Seat Pocket thing and replacing it with a webbing that will be lighter and provide more knee/leg room as well.

I am very excited by the updated and new interior, the fixed head wing will be huge. I utilize them on Delta, and loved them on American and Alaska, and look forward to seeing it on SWA.

The cabin colors do remind me of the old Southwest, a throwback if you will, while keeping it professional (IMO) and low key as well.

Glad to see Southwest able to increase revenue with the addition of the 6 seats without compromising our knee and leg room, bonus all around.

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

hiflyeras

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:07 pm

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 11):
ing the math, the seats now weigh, in total (I assume including added O2 masks, lighting, and such) ~41lbm/each.

There are not any O2 masks or any electrical wiring built into the seat frame on WN's fleet.

there will be no issue with a fully loaded 73G performing WN's missions

Boeing lists the 'typical' capacity for a single-cabin 73G as 149 (ugh!) passengers. WN's are currently outfitted with 137 seats...add one more row and you're at 143. WestJet WS, single-class 73G has 136 seats. It's not just about seat pitch...its about passenger comfort, inflight service, lines for the lavs as well. That's a lot of people on a 73G!

N766UA

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Quoting atrude777 (Reply 13):
However the Leg Room will NOT be compromised and that's the real concern here.

While legroom is most important, I also don't like feeling that my nose is smashed up into the seat in front of me. Even if my legroom stays the same, if the seatback in front of me is closer to my head, I'll be less comfortable.

All I see in this article are one or two vague statements about things like "enhanced comfort" interspersed amongst a whole pile of "eco-friendly" environmental drivel I couldn't care less about. One of the only hard facts I see is that my recline will be cut by a third. Great.

Everything about this makes me want to reconsider flying WN, an experience I've been heretofore perfectly satisfied with.
This Website Censors Me

yeelep

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:25 pm

If the seat pitch is decreased by 1" and the recline is decreased by1", isn't that a wash in regards to personal space?

jreuschl

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Would this seat be similar to LH slim seat?

http://twitpic.com/88gov7

Seatback being down becomes an issue if the passenger in back of you us trying to use a laptop. Likely they would have to tilt the screen forward.

N766UA

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Quoting yeelep (Reply 16):
If the seat pitch is decreased by 1" and the recline is decreased by1", isn't that a wash in regards to personal space?

According to WN: no. Why? Because they said so.

Plus, isn't the loss of recline and pitch made up for by the warm fuzzy feeling you'll get inside knowing you're helping the environment?

Rather than cram in an extra row of seats, why don't they just give the same number of pax they've been carrying for 40 years MORE room?! It's a rhetorical question, but I really wish airlines thought that way.

[Edited 2012-01-17 10:29:07]
This Website Censors Me

av8orwalk

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:41 pm

A bit off topic, but load that virtual tour on your iPhone. It's pretty impressive.

Cheers
Drew MCO
The safest place to be in an airplane crash is on the ground.

Tugger

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:53 pm

Quoting HiFlyerAS (Reply 14):
There are not any O2 masks or any electrical wiring built into the seat frame on WN's fleet.

True, however an oxygen mask is required for each seat and so will be installed for any new seats. That added weight should be and is rightly included as part of the "seat weight".

Quoting N766UA (Reply 15):
While legroom is most important, I also don't like feeling that my nose is smashed up into the seat in front of me. Even if my legroom stays the same, if the seatback in front of me is closer to my head, I'll be less comfortable.

The way it appears, with the overall thinner seat, your head should also be about the same distance from the seat in front of you as it was before. And the one inch change in the recline should solve that aspect too.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

chrisair

Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Quoting N766UA (Reply 18):
Rather than cram in an extra row of seats, why don't they just give the same number of pax they've been carrying for 40 years MORE room?!

They've actually increased the number of passengers on their planes. The 732s had 122. The 73Gs/733s have 137, with the 73Gs soon having 143.

It's not just about seat pitch...its about passenger comfort, inflight service, lines for the lavs as well. That's a lot of people on a 73G!

They still have only two lavs on the 73Gs.

lightsaber
Crew

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Quoting atrude777 (Reply 13):
Glad to see Southwest able to increase revenue with the addition of the 6 seats without compromising our knee and leg room, bonus all around.

This will help Spirit compete with the ULCCs without sacrificing passenger comfort.

Hence why it was in paranthesis.   Those added six seats require the weight of added required safety equipment for each seat. I had the total weight saved and thus I could determine what the added weight per seat was (with an error par, hence the ~ for 'approximate.')

Rather than cram in an extra row of seats, why don't they just give the same number of pax they've been carrying for 40 years MORE room?! It's a rhetorical question, but I really wish airlines thought that way.

Passengers won't pay more. WN is *barely* making a profit. Look at AA's 'More room throughout coach.' The MRTC was killed as it didn't pay for itself. If you want more room, pay for domestic 1st on another airline. Or Y+ on UA. (It is usually available at checkin quite reasonably, but don't count on it.) You're asking a company that is opperating at (close to) break even to give up 4% in their seat counts. The first 3 passengers are completely free after the 'sunk costs' of the seat change (which pretty much had to happen anyway).

Quoting tugger (Reply 20):
That added weight should be and is rightly included as part of the "seat weight".

Heck, I'd love to know the added catering weight per seat to truly know the comparison.   

Quoting N766UA (Reply 15):
Everything about this makes me want to reconsider flying WN, an experience I've been heretofore perfectly satisfied with.

You're kidding, right? Did you leave AA when they cut coach legroom? WN is now mostly an airline for business travel. My employer forces the airline selection. (Note: One bag fee is automatically added to the fare for comparison sake by the software. Since that software is popular with Fortune 500 companies, I really doubt WN is losing significant revenue by letting a bag or two fly free.) So if the legroom and other usable space is constant (recall, more under-seat storage per the OP link), than where is the loss?

The ULCCs take out even the recline... so WN left something for their passengers.  
Quoting chrisair (Reply 21):
The 732s had 122. The 73Gs/733s have 137, with the 73Gs soon having 143.

And the 738 is rumored to have 175 seats. (Has it been officially announced?)

At least it isn't a FR/DH 189 seats per 738...

Lightsaber

SXDFC

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:16 pm

What an improvement. I was never a fan of the carpeted bulkheads, these IMHO look a lot nicer. I look forward to seeing A/C 935 around my neck of the woods.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

seabosdca

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 22):
Note: One bag fee is automatically added to the fare for comparison sake by the software. Since that software is popular with Fortune 500 companies, I really doubt WN is losing significant revenue by letting a bag or two fly free.

This seems an odd practice, at least in my business (which, granted, is very different from yours). I rarely check a bag on business travel, and automatically adding a checked bag fee to legacy fares would unfairly advantage WN in my particular case.

Rather than cram in an extra row of seats, why don't they just give the same number of pax they've been carrying for 40 years MORE room?!

It's been tried. It's failed.

Since WN really doesn't push the 73G

But they may get to FL410 a couple minutes later on those 45-minute flights.  

atrude777

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 22):

And the 738 is rumored to have 175 seats. (Has it been officially announced?)

Yep, 175 seats on the 738's.

Quoting SXDFC (Reply 23):
I look forward to seeing A/C 935 around my neck of the woods.

Same! I have four 737-700 segments on WN in 2 months, I better see it! LOL

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

lightsaber
Crew

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:51 pm

Quoting seabosdca (Reply 24):
This seems an odd practice, at least in my business (which, granted, is very different from yours). I rarely check a bag on business travel, and automatically adding a checked bag fee to legacy fares would unfairly advantage WN in my particular case.

One can uncheck that, but then the company will *not* reimburse a bag fee. I would assume the default choice would be the company's call. For us, a checked bag is the norm. More often than not our travel is for several months of field support engineering when one flies out for 3 to 9 days and then downtime is at home. We typically have 'alternating teams' that fly out for 9 days of field support and then 5 days at home. (We bill on 2 week incriments.) Alternately, one flies out for 3 to 5 work days and then returns home.

It might be that engineers and technicians denied a checked bag really look grungy... Don't imagine the picture, it isn't pretty... We also often need seperate work/non-work clothes on travel due to the nature of working with hardware in the field.

Lightsaber

seabosdca

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:07 pm

One thing that video makes clear is that pulling up carpet tape in airliners is a huge pain in the rear end!

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 26):
For us, a checked bag is the norm.

Makes sense.    For me, trips during travel times tend to be numerous and very brief, and my trusty 19" rollaboard is all I need. If extensive materials are coming with me, they get FedExed the day before, not dragged along.

737tdi

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:11 pm

As a FYI, the aircraft was weighed multiple times as part of the certification proceedings and it weighs 630+- lbs. less then original delivery weight (this is not an estimation). The seats are comfortable and they look very nice. Another positive for us mechs. the seat endbay bumpers are now aluminum, the tray table latches are aluminum and no more seat back pocket springs. These will add up in the longrun due to non breakage. Oh and the lack of carpet/leather foamy crap is gone which means less windscreen changes.

737tdi

splitterz

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Looks nice and bland, with lack of space. Exactly how I like to fly.

I much prefer lazy boys and mood lighting.  Big grin

[Edited 2012-01-17 14:04:28]

PI767

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Quoting chrisair (Reply 21):
They've actually increased the number of passengers on their planes. The 732s had 122. The 73Gs/733s have 137, with the 73Gs soon having 143.

Actually, WN's 737-200s started off with 112 seats.

In 1979, WN's 737-200 seating capacity was increased to 118.

Then, in the mid-80s, capacity on the 737-200s was upped once again to 122 seats.

So no... WN has not been flying the same number of seats on their aircraft for over 40 years. Even back on the 737-200, capacity was increased three times.
"Piedmont. The Model of What a Good Airline Should Be."

yeelep

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Quoting 737tdi (Reply 28):
Another positive for us mechs. the seat endbay bumpers are now aluminum, the tray table latches are aluminum and no more seat back pocket springs.

I'm envious, especially about the seat pocket springs.

Jetmarc

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:45 pm

It definitely looks more fresh and I do like the bulkhead and logo very much. However, the winged headrest to me are pointless and with limited recline and not being all that substantial, they will do little in preventing your head from rolling around and I wonder if they'll be digging into the shoulders of taller passengers. I also agree that there should be one more accent color - perhaps red seatbelts that match the heart on the bulkhead?
"Sucka, I'm gonna send you out on Knuckle Airlines. Fist Class!!" ~ Mr. T

atrude777

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:55 pm

So about those extra seats: we hope to start making those additional seats for sale on southwest.com here by the end of the first quarter, for travel in the second quarter. Of course, this isn't as easy as flipping a switch; we will gradually introduce those extra seats into the system as newly retro-fitted planes come online.

Curious..how will WN know from the reservation side if that flight on that day will be a 137 or 143 seater?

I remember working at SWA, that on swalife, that we had codes to determine if we were going to be on a 73D (128 Seater) versus the normal 73G Flights.

Alex

SXDFC

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:06 pm

I am curious about one more thing, are the -300 ( at least the ones with winglets ) getting this new interior as well? If so I am sure it wouldn't hurt to upgrade the bin doors like what other airlines have done on their 737 classics..

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Gleb Osokin - Russian AviaPhoto Team

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Jetmarc

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:17 pm

Quoting atrude777 (Reply 33):
Curious..how will WN know from the reservation side if that flight on that day will be a 137 or 143 seater?

I remember working at SWA, that on swalife, that we had codes to determine if we were going to be on a 73D (128 Seater) versus the normal 73G Flights.

Alex

I dont think they will and will therefore hold off until all modifications are completed. Thats how we did it at B6 when removing the last row (but in reverse) - we blocked every flight to 150 because we weren't sure if the aircraft would have 156 or 150 seats yet.

atrude777

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:24 pm

Quoting jetMARC (Reply 35):

I dont think they will and will therefore hold off until all modifications are completed.

Not according to the quote I just posted..thus my question...

Quoting atrude777 (Reply 33):
So about those extra seats: we hope to start making those additional seats for sale on southwest.com here by the end of the first quarter, for travel in the second quarter.

If I go by these wording, WN is NOT going to hold off, and will slip them in aircraft by aircraft. So back to my question..how will it be determined what aircraft is flying on that day?

Alex

Jetmarc

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:38 pm

Quoting atrude777 (Reply 36):
Quoting atrude777 (Reply 33):So about those extra seats: we hope to start making those additional seats for sale on southwest.com here by the end of the first quarter, for travel in the second quarter.
If I go by these wording, WN is NOT going to hold off, and will slip them in aircraft by aircraft. So back to my question..how will it be determined what aircraft is flying on that day?

Alex

Sorry, misread the quote. You've probably answered your own question then, they'll probably have to code it unless they dont care if they overbook. Guess at B6, ours had more to do with staffing a 4th F/A because we still technically had seats over 150 despite not selling the last 6 seats.

737tdi

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:38 am

Quoting yeelep (Reply 31):
I'm envious, especially about the seat pocket springs.

Yes, most folks don't understand how big of a problem these springs have been. On the classic it's just a matter of a couple of nuts but on the NG the design was much more prone to failure and alot harder to fix. In "C" checks you could have as many as 50 or more to replace due to breakage. Good riddance to them.

As far as converting the Classic fleet I don't see that happening, if it does it will just be last few still remaining after the NG's are done.

What I haven't heard yet is what are the 800's going to have? Old heavier seats or these new style and new carpet? Surely this has been thought through so we don't have to go back and retrofit them in the future.

sxf24

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:40 am

Quoting 737tdi (Reply 38):

What I haven't heard yet is what are the 800's going to have? Old heavier seats or these new style and new carpet? Surely this has been thought through so we don't have to go back and retrofit them in the future.

New seats and new carpet.

ghifty

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:54 am

Yikes. The cabin is too bright, it makes the PALE "natural earthy tones" look disgusting. The yellow seats are puke-coloured.. and the wooden bulkhead makes the cabin look cold. Blegh.

The old cabin with it's darker colours and plush carpetted bulkheads looks much better. Should've kept the colours and the bulkheads, and added the new seats.

Oh well, it's not like I ever plan on flying with SW, and at least it's "eco-friendly."
Fly Delta Jets

QANTAS747-438

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:33 am

Quoting atrude777 (Reply 36):
So back to my question..how will it be determined what aircraft is flying on that day?

From what I'm hearing, the new interiors are being done very quickly... possibly taking 1 night to do. If you do all of the -700 fleet at all MX bases, that could be done by a certain date and therefore when they are done, WN will then open them up for sale.
My posts/replies are strictly my opinion and not that of any company, organization, or Southwest Airlines.

atrude777

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:42 am

Quoting QANTAS747-438 (Reply 41):

From what I'm hearing, the new interiors are being done very quickly... possibly taking 1 night to do. If you do all of the -700 fleet at all MX bases, that could be done by a certain date and therefore when they are done, WN will then open them up for sale.

Little over 370+ -700's...1 night per -700, it'd take all of 2012, and just a few days into 2013, which sounds to be the timeline Southwest was giving, near end of 1st Quarter 2013 to be fully completed.

Is FL's -700's getting the new WN treatment too?

Alex

WNCrew

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:46 am

I have ONLY seen the video and picture and it looks "ok"...typical SW with colors all over the place that do not go together and are not visually appealing.

We have camel/tan and PURPLE seats (you can say what you will but it's PURPLE), then we have this blue/grey?? carpet with some strange design, and bulkheads that are brown? with a red and silver logo. How does ANY of that work together?

BD338

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:52 am

Quoting atrude777 (Reply 42):
Quoting QANTAS747-438 (Reply 41):

Little over 370+ -700's...1 night per -700, it'd take all of 2012, and just a few days into 2013, which sounds to be the timeline Southwest was giving, near end of 1st Quarter 2013 to be fully completed.

Pity they can't seem to do the WiFi additions at any sort of decent pace. It's a rarity for me to get a WiFi equipped plane. How long since they started that program?

As to the new interiors. Looks OK, though I do like the current seat color scheme and comfort. Waiting to judge the new seats for comfort and legroom...that's all important to me. I like the reduced recline, maybe that'll reduce the impact of the 'slamback we don't care you're behind us' brigade.

ozark1

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:53 am

As Suzanne Sugarbaker used to say, "BIG WOO!". I don't see any difference from their current interior. Looks the same to me.

PI767

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:12 am

Quoting ozark1 (Reply 45):
As Suzanne Sugarbaker used to say, "BIG WOO!".

Love it!
"Piedmont. The Model of What a Good Airline Should Be."

PacificClipper

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:25 am

1" thinner...meaning one inch less padding

Less padding does not equal greater customer comfort as the article states  
Quoting jreuschl (Reply 17):
Would this seat be similar to LH slim seat?

http://twitpic.com/88gov7

No. Those are Recaro seats and WN will be keeping the B/E seat frames but replacing the cushions. Those LH seats in their NEK / Neue Europa Kabine are the thinnest, hardest, most uncomfortable seats I have ever flown on. A recent trip on LH from CDG-FRA was all I needed to say never again to LH short haul flights.

Quoting WNCrew (Reply 43):
We have camel/tan and PURPLE seats (you can say what you will but it's PURPLE), then we have this blue/grey?? carpet with some strange design, and bulkheads that are brown? with a red and silver logo. How does ANY of that work together?

It really is a mish mosh of colors.

Like others have posted, it will be interesting to see what the final seat pitch ends up being. Till now 32"-33" of seat pitch on WN made for a much better experience than regular economy on most other domestic carriers except for B6 of course.
Fly Beautiful :: 747

southloopswa

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:57 am

I kinda like it myself... It'll be interesting to see how these seats feel, and how the leg room plays out. Too bad they couldn't add another lav...  

PHLBOS

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Quoting atrude777 (Reply 42):
Is FL's -700's getting the new WN treatment too?

Since most if not all of FL's -700s have not yet been converted to WN current standards; one would logically assume those that have have not already been retro-fitted would receive the new treatment. It would seem silly to convert them to the current WN arrangement only to reconfigure them again a short time later.

My  twocents  on the matter.

I like the current WN interior and seats. I'll withhold judgment on the new interior until I've actually flown in one.

[Edited 2012-01-18 05:25:28]
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981