PezySPU
Topic Author

EY Posts First Full-year Profit

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:06 am

I'm so glad to be reading this:

"Middle Eastern carrier Etihad Airways has reported a full-year net profit of $14 million for 2011, exceeding its breakeven target and bringing the airline into the black for the first time in its eight-year history."

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...first-ever-full-year-profit-368001

Nice, let's hope they continue in the black.

lightsaber
Crew

RE: EY Posts First Full-year Profit

Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:50 pm

What?!?   

I'm amazed. This was one of those 'elusive goals' that was always 18 months off in the future. Congrats to EY. It has been a tough market to attain a profit. Now to wait for the 'new AUH' airport. Is there a completion time for the opening?

Lightsaber
"They did not know it was impossible, so they did it!" - Mark Twain

David_itl

Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:46 pm

Manchester Evening News article actually gives some limited informaton on AUH-MAN:
"Etihad said it carried 222,482 passengers between Manchester and Abu Dhabi in 2011, which was up 29 per cent on the previous year.

Passenger revenues out of Manchester grew 31.8 per cent to £44.1m, up from £33.4m, largely down to the fact it launched its double-daily service last August."

Revenue growth exceeding passenger growth should be a good thing?

GBRandSYCguy

Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:50 pm

Good news for all concerned especially with the recent acquisition in Air Seychelles & Air Berlin. Isn't it ironic how EY who's been in existence for less than 10 years bought into Air Seychelles an airline with nearly 40 years experience but has just only made a profit? I reckon HM (Air Seychelles) can teach EY a thing or two, it might have already started by EY calling their business class Pearl zone. HM business class has been called Pearl class since the 70s.