1337Delta764
Topic Author

AA/Eagle SAF-LAX Flights Vulnerable?

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:21 pm

Considering that AA is in bankruptcy, plus the fact that Eagle now flies ABQ-LAX, could AA's SAF-LAX flights be vulnerable?

The SAF-LAX flights have not performed quite as well as the SAF-DFW flights, and considering that SAF-DFW will remain with two flights this summer (instead of the four offered last summer), SAF-LAX could be vulnerable. AA once tried ROW-LAX and it flopped, and perhaps with AA's bankruptcy SAF-LAX could face the same fate.

What does anyone think?
The Pink Delta 767-400ER - The most beautiful aircraft in the sky

SANFan

RE: AA/Eagle SAF-LAX Flights Vulnerable?

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:14 pm

I would think that route is just as vulnerable as any other route, on any other airline these days -- not much patience for pretty much any flight that doesn't make a profit and carry its weight these days... And of course we're talking yields and not just LFs. But I don't think bankcruptcy has anything to do with it -- either the flight is profitable or it's gone.

bb

IADLHR

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Quoting 1337Delta764 (Thread starter):
The SAF-LAX flights have not performed quite as well as the SAF-DFW flights

I am surprised by this. I thought with all the movie industry related people that live in and around SAF and that travel to LAX, that the LAX flights would do quite well.

On the other hand, if they have not been doing well why have they continued.

Maybe, with the studios in ABQ, that the NM-LAX travel is ABQ-LAX.

All in all it is interesting.

jfklganyc

Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:29 am

In general, any flight not connected to DFW or MIA is vulnerable at AA right noq