leftyboarder
Topic Author

TK Ventures Into Uncharted Territory: MGQ Official

Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:04 pm

I thought this might get some attention on here... TK starting flying to Mogadishu (MGQ) as of Mar 6, initally twice weekly, with a stopover in Khartoum. KRT goes up from daily to 9 weekly as a result. The plane stays in MGQ only an hour (arriving 7am, departing 8am).

TK becomes the first international airline to fly the route, AFAIK.

TK787

RE: TK Ventures Into Uncharted Territory: MGQ Official

Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:16 pm

Does anyone know about the securtiy screening standards at the airport. Is TK bringing any security personnel to the airport or to the gate to screen pax?
I am not sure about the overall situation but TK can do its own searches like LY maybe?

leftyboarder
Topic Author

Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 1):
Does anyone know about the securtiy screening standards at the airport. Is TK bringing any security personnel to the airport or to the gate to screen pax?
I am not sure about the overall situation but TK can do its own searches like LY maybe?

I was thinking of that too... Not just gate security, but also what about what's loaded into the cargo hold? Will there be additional security precautions for that side as well?

mercure1

Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:04 pm

Remember TK has already operated several charters there - including an A340 last fall.

I suspect they are well aware of the operational conditions.