FlyHossD

Flight Deck To Grave

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:31 am

I learned yesterday that CO lost another pilot while at work. It was reported that he had just deplaned and had a heart attack. IIRC, this is the third CO pilot that has passed away at work in recent years (I've also heard that a few others have passed away while in their hotel rooms during layovers).

My question is, is this happening at other U.S. or North American carriers?
My statements do not represent my former employer or my current employer and are my opinions only.

kurtjeter

RE: Flight Deck To Grave

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:50 am

This wasn't in North America but just the other day a captain died, apparently while descending through 12 thousand en route to a landing. An AT 42, flight from Warsaw to Prague. First officer landed the plane very nicely.

I remember reading--although I can't remember the statistics--about the number of deaths (crew & passengers) on commercial aircraft each year, as well as the number of births (to passengers only, I presume!). Anyone know the numbers?