ykaops
Topic Author

JZA/TCX B757 A Bust IN Canada?

Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:21 am

I've heard that JZA/TCX is cancelling several flights to Sun Destinations such as MBJ , PUJ due to poor loads.. and there may be more to come????

CRJ 900

RE: JZA/TCX B757 A Bust IN Canada?

Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:50 pm

Poor loads in the WEST, east is doing very well from what I witness onboard.... 

Airontario

Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:06 pm

The only ones being cancelled are from YVR and one route from YHZ. The flights from YYZ are all pusing a 90% load factor.

Quoting CRJ 900 (Reply 1):

IMO it wasn't a smart move to have flights from YVR to places like MBJ and PUJ. That's just too long of a flight for a weeks vacation, especially when you have places like SJD and PVR that are much closer.

multimark

Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:39 pm

Quoting Airontario (Reply 2):
IMO it wasn't a smart move to have flights from YVR to places like MBJ and PUJ. That's just too long of a flight for a weeks vacation, especially when you have places like SJD and PVR that are much closer.

Yep, that didn't make sense. I can see why Jazz wouldn't fly to Hawaii for TCX, too much of a conflict with AC, but they should have offered flights to Mexico, which is underserved by AC out of YVR.

9252fly

Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:42 pm

I would have to agree with your questioning the destinations that Thomas Cook made for it's offerings from western Canada. It's a tough low margin business and very price sensitive relying on volumes to make a profit. It's probably fair to say that Mexico is a challenge for a lot of operator's due to the never-ending negative media reports about the country,so it's hard to say if that market would have fared any better.

connies4ever

Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Quoting multimark (Reply 3):

Yep, that didn't make sense. I can see why Jazz wouldn't fly to Hawaii for TCX, too much of a conflict with AC, but they should have offered flights to Mexico, which is underserved by AC out of YVR.

But aren't WS flying YVR & YYC - MBJ with 73NGs ? Perhaps PUJ as well, but I'm fairly sure about MBJ.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

9252fly

Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Quoting multimark (Reply 3):
I can see why Jazz wouldn't fly to Hawaii for TCX

TCX (Thomas Cook) needs to make the decision first and then Jazz will then need to get ETOPS certified. From what I understand,unless TCX offers Jazz a year-round ETOPS program,ie, Canada-UK summer and Canada-Hawaii winter, an ETOPS certification is very cost prohibitive to maintain. As you know TCX supplies the aircraft and Jazz operates it on their behalf.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos