RyDawg82
Topic Author

Wings West / American Eagle Callsign (1990s)

Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:17 am

Howdy,

Question: What callsign was used by Wings West aircraft operating for American Eagle in the mid 1990s?

Background to my question:
Wings West was a standalone regional airline founded in 1979 who began flying the Eagle brand in 1986. In 1987, the airline was acquired by AMR. in 1998, Wings West, Simmons, and Flagship were all merged into the American Eagle as we know it today.

I know that Wings West Airlines' callsign was "Wings West", however, did the change when they began flying for Eagle? My memory is shaky as to what I heard on my scanner in the mid-1990s, but it seemed as if they used "Eagle Flight". Using Eagle Flight seems plausible as even today Executive Airlines uses the "Eagle Flight" call sign despite being a separate airline within AMR Eagle Holdings Corp with Simmons (MQ) which was the surviving Operating Certificate of the Eagle Family.

Any help would be appreciated as to their callsign history....
Ryan

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Frank C. Duarte Jr.

You can take the pup out of Alaska, but you can't take the Alaska out of the pup.