wepaman
Topic Author

Rumor: Republic Is Leaving MKE

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:23 pm

Ok, is official... Republic is pulling all services from MKE... Which means YX will be gone for good... hmmm, Republic = Lorenzo? F9 will drop to about 4 flights per day...

Will see...

Wepa
Is a Blue Thing!! - Green is Lovely!!!!

AWACSooner

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:39 pm

YX was gone for good the moment they dumped all their mainline jets for the E190's and other various RJ's...

WN, congratulations, MKE is now yours for the taking.

flyCMH

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Honestly, this is where Delta needs to come into the market and start cherry-picking routes out of MKE. There has to be a pretty decent Skymiles following in MKE absorbed from former Northwest WorldPerks members, and Delta has an orphan 50-seat fleet looking for routes where they can actually make money. Delta could easily fill in the gaps left in MKE just like they did in RDU when AA yanked the last of their point-to-point routes. Potential routes should include MKE-STL/IND/CMH/RDU/BDL/GRR.

stlgph

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:57 pm

for what it's worth, Republic earnings conference call March 1, 10:30am
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

bcoz

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:11 pm

Is there some sort of link? And by "Republic is pulling all services" are we saying that F9 will no longer fly to MKE in any route/any capacity?

wepaman
Topic Author

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Quoting bcoz (Reply 4):
Is there some sort of link? And by "Republic is pulling all services" are we saying that F9 will no longer fly to MKE in any route/any capacity?

No link yet, but is comming. Republic Airways (E-190, E-145) is the one pulling out, F9 will continue service to MKE, but Lite services by Summer time..

ohhh Yes I forgot... No more Cookies...

bcoz

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:23 pm

Quoting wepaman (Reply 5):
No link yet, but is comming. Republic Airways (E-190, E-145) is the one pulling out, F9 will continue service to MKE, but Lite services by Summer time..

Ok... I was a bit confused. I know that I read (or at least I thought I did) that RAH was going to try and divest itself of F9, but I wasn't sure exactly what the thread subject really meant.

Mikey711MN

You use that word...

Quoting wepaman (Thread starter):
official

...I do not think it means what you think it means.

I'll wait for some PR on this before commenting. In the meantime, minus any sort of announcement, I think adding "Rumor" to the subject is in order.

-Mike
I plan on living forever. So far, so good...

FWAERJ

I assume that F9 will be redeploying the MKE assets to DEN. If so, I think we might see UA dehub DEN much like F9 is dehubbing MKE.

Will they still sell the cookie dough at Milwaukee supermarkets?

Quoting AWACSooner (Reply 1):

WN's slogan should now be "DING! You are now free to dominate Milwaukee."

Quoting flyCMH (Reply 2):
Honestly, this is where Delta needs to come into the market and start cherry-picking routes out of MKE.

I wonder if DL could move from their Concourse E gates to the gates that F9 is vacating.
"Did he really need the triple bypass? Or was it the miles?"

bjorn14

I just wonder how long they will stick around given their proximity to MDW?
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

wonder1

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:34 pm

...and the Cookie finally completely crumbles.

Seriously...who here *didn't* see that coming (for about the last 4 years)?

roseflyer

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Honestly, this is where Delta needs to come into the market and start cherry-picking routes out of MKE.

Why would they do that? Republic/Frontier is pulling out because AirTran/Southwest came in and killed all the yields. Starting up operations in MKE to non-hubs would be like starting up routes from DAL or MDW. I don't see it happening. There's no money in MKE just like there is no money in DEN. Yields are horrible because of excess competition.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

mke717spotter

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Ok, is official... Republic is pulling all services from MKE... Which means YX will be gone for good... hmmm, Republic = Lorenzo? F9 will drop to about 4 flights per day...

Woah, if this is true then things really are falling apart pretty fast. It was only after the latest round of MKE cuts that I started to realistically think about the possibility of them dropping every route except DEN. Still, it would be a bit strange considering they just announced MKE-PIT is returning.

Honestly, this is where Delta needs to come into the market and start cherry-picking routes out of MKE. There has to be a pretty decent Skymiles following in MKE absorbed from former Northwest WorldPerks members, and Delta has an orphan 50-seat fleet looking for routes where they can actually make money. Delta could easily fill in the gaps left in MKE just like they did in RDU when AA yanked the last of their point-to-point routes. Potential routes should include MKE-STL/IND/CMH/RDU/BDL/GRR.

I like the idea of DL adding some p2p routes from MKE, but I doubt they'd try the CRJs again, especially to some of those cities that you listed.

Quoting Roseflyer (Reply 11):
There's no money in MKE just like there is no money in DEN. Yields are horrible because of excess competition.

I'm sure the yields are somewhat better now with all the flights F9 has cut.

[Edited 2012-02-22 14:05:10]
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

flyCMH

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Quoting Roseflyer (Reply 11):
Quoting flyCMH (Reply 2):Honestly, this is where Delta needs to come into the market and start cherry-picking routes out of MKE.
Why would they do that? Republic/Frontier is pulling out because AirTran/Southwest came in and killed all the yields. Starting up operations in MKE to non-hubs would be like starting up routes from DAL or MDW. I don't see it happening. There's no money in MKE just like there is no money in DEN. Yields are horrible because of excess competition.

My line of thought is for Delta to mirror what they've done in RDU in MKE. I understand yields have been depressed considerably, however I would imagine that's the case for trunk routes such as MKE-NYC/WAS/DEN/LAX/etc. The regional routes, especially those that lasted the longest, would be the ones that still maintain a decent yield that Delta could pick up with relative ease and not have to worry about direct competition. In addition, Delta has a very strong following in many of the cities mentioned and would continue the S-curve dynamic. Delta also has the 50-seat capacity floating around to accomplish such build up.

joeljack

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:14 pm

What about MKE-OMA too? At MKE-STL is served by WN so I wouldn't touch this one if I were Delta.

MKE-IND 79 passengers per day and average fare (all data from faremeasure.com)
MKE-CMH 39 ppd @ $299 331 miles
MKE-RDU 198 ppd @ $257 689 miles
MKE-BDL 87 ppd @ $327 780 miles
MKE-GRR Less than 10 ppd
MKE-OMA 104 ppd @ $213 426 miles
MKE-PIT 138 ppd @ $198 431 miles

Delta is strong in all those markets except PIT and BDL.

I wonder if they would consider adding IND, RDU and OMA??? Or maybe southwest adding a couple of these?

avi8

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:39 pm

UA dehubbing DEN???? Not a chance. It's their 4th largest hub and they would definitely loose a lot of brand recognition in the West Coast. I think DEN will remain neutral for UA as of now.

Quoting FWAERJ (Reply 8):
avi8

USPIT10L

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:58 pm

Quoting joeljack (Reply 14):
Delta is strong in all those markets except PIT and BDL.

They're stronger in PIT than you think. They are the second-largest legacy airline there now. Only US is bigger.
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

FWAERJ

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:03 pm

Quoting avi8 (Reply 15):
UA dehubbing DEN???? Not a chance.

Well, people thought not all that long ago that there wasn't a chance that AA would dehub STL, DL would cut back massively at CVG, or that US would dehub PIT and gut most of their LGA ops. And keep in mind that even though DEN is UA's #4 hub, a lot (but not all) of the DEN traffic could be rerouted through UA's #1 hub at IAH.

Stranger things have happened in the airline business than UA dehubbing DEN.
"Did he really need the triple bypass? Or was it the miles?"

knope2001

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:09 pm

MKE-IND 79 passengers per day and average fare (all data from faremeasure.com)
MKE-CMH 39 ppd @ $299 331 miles
MKE-RDU 198 ppd @ $257 689 miles
MKE-BDL 87 ppd @ $327 780 miles
MKE-GRR Less than 10 ppd
MKE-OMA 104 ppd @ $213 426 miles
MKE-PIT 138 ppd @ $198 431 miles

Unfortunately none of those numbers are valid because Chautauqua does not report, and every one of them was (or still is) served by F9* operated by Chautauqua.

joeljack

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Quoting knope2001 (Reply 18):
Unfortunately none of those numbers are valid because Chautauqua does not report, and every one of them was (or still is) served by F9* operated by Chautauqua.

Very interesting...did not know that...how does Chautauqua get away without reporting???

DLX737200

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:26 pm

A year ago, OMA-MKE was served by two carriers (F9 and OO for FL) with multiple daily flights. There were at least 300 seats a day on that route a year ago, and even more in the days of YX. Granted most of the passengers on this route were probably connecting, it's surprising that there will soon be 0 daily seats on that route. I wonder when the last time was OMA didn't have MKE service. YX served it for so long.

It'd be nice if WN or DL started the route but I doubt DL will.

hOMSaR

RE: Rumor: Republic Is Leaving MKE

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:23 am

Quoting FWAERJ (Reply 17):
Well, people thought not all that long ago that there wasn't a chance that AA would dehub STL, DL would cut back massively at CVG, or that US would dehub PIT and gut most of their LGA ops.

Umm, when did "people" think any of that?

AA cutting back at STL has been talked about since the post-9/11 downturn, and folks have been predicting DL would pretty much abandon CVG ever since the minute the NW merger was announced. I haven't really followed the discussion surrounding US enough to know whether there was any belief that US wouldn't leave PIT or cut back at LGA.

Still, in response to your prediction:

I assume that F9 will be redeploying the MKE assets to DEN. If so, I think we might see UA dehub DEN much like F9 is dehubbing MKE.

I don't see how a weak/dying airline leaving a really mediocre market can be seen as a precursor to a major airline abandoning a large hub.
The plural of Airbus is Airbuses. Airbii is not a word, and doesn't even make sense.

crAAzy

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:18 am

OK I'm confused, is this something new or are we talking about the same cuts announced a week ago that was already going to drop MKE down to 8 flights or less a day? The cookies ending is not new news this week.

MaverickM11

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:41 am

Or you can take the cash equivalent, or anything off the Sizzler menu of equal or lesser value 

Again?

That's what I've been wondering for a while now.

WN's slogan should now be "DING! You are now free to dominate Milwaukee."

.......And it will look like all the other dozen +/- daily departure cities in the region that haven't grown in years, save MDW.
E pur si muove -Galileo

jpetekyxmd80

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:49 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 23):

.......And it will look like all the other dozen +/- daily departure cities in the region that haven't grown in years, save MDW.

Umm, no. That's absurd.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

DBCooper

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:15 am

Ok, is official

Source?

- DBC

knope2001

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:16 am

Quoting joeljack (Reply 19):
Quoting knope2001 (Reply 18):Unfortunately none of those numbers are valid because Chautauqua does not report, and every one of them was (or still is) served by F9* operated by Chautauqua.
Very interesting...did not know that...how does Chautauqua get away without reporting???

It's not clear to me exactly how this comes about, but it's not just Chautauqua. Over recent years there have been quarters where one airline or another has been missing. ExpressJet was missing for several quarters a few years back.

This is the data which FareCompare and similar sites use

http://ostpxweb.dot.gov/aviation/X-5...le_files/consumerairfarereport.htm

Table #6 is the one which shows the total (both ways combined) totals per day. If (for example) you look at Q4 of 2008, you can see how ExpressJet is missing. Check out Cleveland routes (where ExpressJet is heavy) and look at RJ-only markets like CLE-MSN. In that market it shows only 15.3 local pax per day, and NW was the top carrier at 45.39% in spite of CO* flying nonstop with RJ's. Northwest carried about 3.4 local pax per day each way (15.3 * .4539 / 2) . Undoubtedly CO* carried more local pax than that in the market on their nonstop RJ's.

In the past I know either Mesaba or Pinnacle was missing for some quarters. It's hard to even know who may be missing from quarter to quarter. A city pair like CVG-RDU on Delta may have been served by any combination of a host of DL* carriers. If one or more did not report that quarter it would not be obvious.

These sorts of issues are why I personally don't post those DoT stats all that often -- they are easy to misread and subject to reporting error. AirTran's Q2 2011 reported fares are all jacked and it's not apparent why, for example. But automated sites like FareCompare just harvest the data and pass it on, making it easy for people to readily access that sometimes-bad information.

YXwatcherMKE

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:19 am

That's what I've been wondering for a while now.

Yes the Cookie is alive and well in the Milwaukee Supermarkets!!!!! And it is marketed as the Cookie that made Midwest Airlines famous. The Cookie is owned by a bakery in northern Wisconsin and not by RAH or F9. Midwest bought the cookie from them and they had a marketing agreement with Midwest to sell the frozen cookie dough as the Cookie that Midwest Airlines uses. And my family bought a box of the cookie dough at Christmas time and it had "the Cookie that Made Midwest Airlines Famous" right on the box.
I miss the 60's & 70's when you felt like a guest on the plane not cattle like today

bjorn14

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:54 am

I assume that F9 will be redeploying the MKE assets to DEN.

Probably COS as they are starting 4 p2p routes from there.
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

slcdeltarumd11

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:25 am

Quoting FWAERJ (Reply 17):
Quoting avi8 (Reply 15):UA dehubbing DEN???? Not a chance.
Well, people thought not all that long ago that there wasn't a chance that AA would dehub STL, DL would cut back massively at CVG, or that US would dehub PIT and gut most of their LGA ops. And keep in mind that even though DEN is UA's #4 hub, a lot (but not all) of the DEN traffic could be rerouted through UA's #1 hub at IAH.

Stranger things have happened in the airline business than UA dehubbing DEN.

With 2 LCCs hubbing there, it being the lowest farehub in the country (a title they now can claim with frontier dehubbing MKE), and between ORD, LAX, SFO, and IAH surrounding it they could certainly make a good case to shrink DEN. It seems unlikely to totally dehub but i agree with you there is certainly a small chance given DEN right now.

UA could shrink DEN specifically some leisure o&d markets but i think Frontier is way too unstable and volatile to abandon DEN or shrink too much. UA has decreased the number of seats from DEN for the last few years now. I think its worth holding their ground for a while more they have spent alot of time in DEN and they would love to have it back to just one other airline as a hub. If frontier goes under UA could once again be very profitable in DEN. With Frontiers future so uncertain and a spin off looking likely here they might have less life preservers to save them in the future.........just saying

usairways787

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:40 am

Typical Bedford, milks the company, employees, takes their vacations, holidays, sick pay and gives them furlough notices. Then goes onto T.V. plays Mr. Nice Christian man with him and his 11 kids, big shiny house, $6mil paycheck, has tears, says he'll give back what he has taken from us and never does. A lot of open ended promises never kept, a lot of B.S. spewed never followed up on. Keep blaming your piss poor managing "skills" on Frontier you sack of Sh*t.

US787
"Pre departure walk around complete, all doors closed, ready for pushback"

jfklganyc

Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:51 pm

He bought an 2 airlines that didn't match the regional model of his airline(s).

Then he merged the 2 LCCs together and tried to keep it separate from his regional. The pilots had it written pretty straight forward that they needed to be merged and thanks to an arbitraitor they became one list.

As the single list date for pilots came closer, BB worked out a deal with just F9 pilots to take pay cuts for equity in the new airline.

The airline still has planes painted in Midwest

The airline moved ops to Indy only now to move it back to DEN

They paid a cheap sum for bankrupt F9 and have lost countless $$ on them since then

The whole thing has been an unorganized mess. You compare BB to Lorenzo? Don't give him that much credit.

Clearly no plan here at all except "cut costs"

MaverickM11

Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:56 pm

Quoting jpetekyxmd80 (Reply 24):
Umm, no. That's absurd.

MKE is roughly between OMA and DTW in terms of departures, neither of which has grown much in years. In fact they've probably shrank quite a bit. As soon as fares come back to a reasonable level, MKE is unlikely to grow much either.
E pur si muove -Galileo

PlaneAdmirer

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:21 pm

Quoting usairways787 (Reply 30):
Typical Bedford, milks the company,

You seem to overlook that Midwest passed on being bought by Airtran and if RAH had not bought it out of bankruptcy, it would have been shut down and everyone there would have been unemployed. He gave it a go and sunk a ton of money (see losses incurred) if the rumor is true. If the rumor is true , it's not worth dragging the whole enterprise down over MKE. If MKE wanted a hub or hometown airline, they had their opportunity and didn't chose to support it.

Then goes onto T.V. plays Mr. Nice Christian man

Even religious people have to make hard decisions.

floridaflyboy

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Quoting PlaneAdmirer (Reply 33):
if RAH had not bought it out of bankruptcy, it would have been shut down and everyone there would have been unemployed.

Frontier was the one they bought out of BK, not Midwest. But I doubt it was far off for Midwest.
Good goes around!

SiouxATC

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Could see this coming from a mile away. That city could never support Frontier and AirTran. Will be interesting to see what Southwest does, I dont see them doing anything over the top with MKE, given its track record. And enough about the cookies, who cares? Is anyone else getting annoyed with that subject? Yes, they were good, but YX is long gone.....

mogandoCI

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:51 pm

If so, I think we might see UA dehub DEN much like F9 is dehubbing MKE.

DEN to UA is not financially crucial but geographically strategic. It'd be horrible for UA to throw that east-west hub away (and the only one that can profitably cover all the BigSky and Plain states). The fact that it's grandfathered into LGA access is a major plus. But I agree it needs to be right-sized given the bloodbaths from WN and F9.

markjs

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Republic is not pulling completely out of MKE! Their Frontier operation is ...as a base. Republic owns Frontier which was combined together as Midwest and Repbublic a few years ago. After April there will only be about 18 flights a day on Republic out of MKE. CEO Brainiac Bedford took the corpse of Midwest Airlines and tried to regenerate and combine it with Frontier. Republic has run the Frontier experiment into the ground and completely ruined the MKE market for direct service from MKE to major destinations that Midwest had built up with Skyway over 25 years.

Now that SWA has acquired AirTran they will own the market unless someone like JetBlue steps in..which I hope they do.

They could offer many flights piping into their BOS or JFK bases a well as to other locles too.

Milwaukee is a great market that will be under served or improperly served until the local business and government officials step it up to lobby to the airlies for better service providers.

We'll see what the market does.   

usflyer msp

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:17 pm

Quoting markjs (Reply 37):
Milwaukee is a great market that will be under served or improperly served until the local business and government officials step it up to lobby to the airlies for better service providers.

Even with the departure of F9, MKE will hardly be underserved.

wepaman
Topic Author

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:32 pm

Quoting crAAzy (Reply 22):
OK I'm confused, is this something new or are we talking about the same cuts announced a week ago that was already going to drop MKE down to 8 flights or less a day? The cookies ending is not new news this week.
Quoting DBCooper (Reply 25):
Source?

My internal e-mail, "and That is all I can said about that"

Republic owns Frontier which was combined together as Midwest and Repbublic a few years ago.

Republic Holdinds does and not Republic Airways... Republic Airways flys for F9 and other Carriers but not for them self...

CEO Brainiac Bedford

Love it... Never the less we need to thank him for the LOI and fines we got with the Under Cover Boss gig...

floridaflyboy

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Quoting wepaman (Reply 39):
Republic Holdinds does and not Republic Airways... Republic Airways flys for F9 and other Carriers but not for them self...

Wrong! Republic AIRLINES flies for F9 and US. Republic Airways Holdings (often simply abbreviated as Republic Airways) is the parent company..
Good goes around!

Mexicana757

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Quoting jpetekyxmd80 (Reply 24):

Umm, no. That's absurd.
Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 32):
MKE is roughly between OMA and DTW in terms of departures, neither of which has grown much in years. In fact they've probably shrank quite a bit. As soon as fares come back to a reasonable level, MKE is unlikely to grow much either.

I dont think it is absurd. I dont see WN keeping MKE with such large operations. MKE will look like, DTW, MSP, OMA, SDF, IND... Those LGA and DCA slots could be used at other stations with larger WN operations.

PlaneAdmirer

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:54 pm

Quoting floridaflyboy (Reply 34):
Frontier was the one they bought out of BK, not Midwest

I stand corrected. I knew they bought F9 out of bk, and for some reason thought that was how Midwest was acquired as well.

wepaman
Topic Author

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:30 pm

As far I remember, F9 was coming out of BK, and may be with a few more months / a year, they more likely be fine without RAH. Nevertheless We preffer to be BK that being Manage by RAH and BB...

Can not run an Airline like a Commuter.... and for that same reason, that why thy are looking for a buyer for F9...

apodino

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:43 pm

With the brand loyalty that YX had in MKE, you wonder if it would have worked had the YX been the surviving brand? DEN has a lot more O and D than MKE, so even with the F9 brand loyalty in DEN, DEN would have likely survived in either event.

wepaman
Topic Author

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:59 pm

Quoting apodino (Reply 44):

mariner

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:23 pm

With the brand loyalty that YX had in MKE, you wonder if it would have worked had the YX been the surviving brand? DEN has a lot more O and D than MKE, so even with the F9 brand loyalty in DEN, DEN would have likely survived in either event.

Loyalty doesn't pay the bills. It was only loans from Republic (before it took control) and TPG that kept Midwest out of Chapter 11.

http://www.oakcreeknow.com/news/47238192.html?viewAll=1

"Indianapolis-based Republic has agreed to lend Midwest an additional $6 million, according to a filing Republic made Monday with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

It marks the second time in less than a year that Republic has helped finance Midwest.

Republic lent Midwest $25 million in September, helping the carrier avoid a Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing."

TPG lost over $400 million in the Midwest venture.

mariner
aeternum nauta

mikefrommke

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:56 pm

YX was failing in MKE before anybody came along to help. People can blame RJET all they want but they at least gave it a chance in MKE. Unfortunately for loads of reasons, that doesn't appear to be working out.

slcdeltarumd11

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Have we heard yet what will come of the EWR slots?

AirframeAS

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:46 pm

hmmm, Republic = Lorenzo?

What an ignorant statement! You cannot compare the two! BB is not even remotely close to Lorenzo. Nice try. You may want to research first before making statements like this. By no means am I a BB worshipper, but I have to defend BB on this one.

YX was gone for good the moment they dumped all their mainline jets...

Yes. That is true. YX killed itself with the help of Timmy.

...for the E190's and other various RJ's...

I believe that came after RJET took over YX.....or shortly before YX had a change in ownership.

Quoting bcoz (Reply 4):
we saying that F9 will no longer fly to MKE in any route/any capacity?

F9 will still fly with its own metal to MKE. I think RW is no longer going to have their metal in MKE anymore under the F9 banner.

Ouch! Some harsh words there, bro.

Quoting jfklganyc (Reply 31):
The airline still has planes painted in Midwest

Only a very small few are left. I think there is only 1 E190 still in YX colors.

Quoting PlaneAdmirer (Reply 33):
You seem to overlook that Midwest passed on being bought by Airtran and if RAH had not bought it.....

Ah yes. This is something that a lot of people seem to continue to forget.... YX had a chance and they did not take it. Today's reality is is their consequence.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.