United Airline
Topic Author

UAL's New Flight Between JFK And HK.

Mon Oct 09, 2000 10:32 pm

At the beginning of April 2001, United Airline will launch its non-stop flight between Hong Kong and New York JFK.

Since UA 800/801 have both been a major route in Asia linking JFK, NRT and HK, I would say this new route would be a great success!

Do you guys agree? Want some ideas from you lots!

I would say it will quite often be full flights. What do you guys think? Full flight from time to time?

Please feel free to express your opinion! Thanks!

Good luck!

Best wishes:
Desmond

United Airline
Topic Author

Any Idea?

Mon Oct 09, 2000 10:54 pm

Any idea?

777gk

RE: UAL's New Flight Between JFK And HK.

Tue Oct 10, 2000 1:42 am

The flight will be a huge bust.

Why?

Look at the flight number. The folks at JFK haven't forgot about the FIRST one.

Tue Oct 10, 2000 1:47 am

777gk , if think what you say is really stupid. The flight 800 that scratch after JFK was a twa's flight, and do you think folks will say :' no way i'm not taking flight 800 because we are going to scratch !' ?!?!?

777gk

Tue Oct 10, 2000 1:55 am

L'espace180, with all due respect, living in France you cannot truly understand where I am coming from. I live just under 1 hour from NYC, and I can see what people are thinking just by reading the newspaper. The general public associates the flight number 800 with the one that exploded over East Moriches in July 1996.

ishky15

United Airline

Tue Oct 10, 2000 2:07 am

SHUT UP. There are over 20 different topics just like this all over this freaking board and it is so annoying. Do you think that there is even one person on this entier board who has not yet learned of United's new route bewtween New York and Hong Kong? You are wasting space on this board as well as time.

United Airline
Topic Author

Any More?

Tue Oct 10, 2000 2:27 am

I am asking people to COMMENT on. I shall never ever shut anyone up as everyone has his or her own right to speak! And I shall not shut myself up!

ANYMORE COMMENTS?

ishky15

RE: Any More?

Tue Oct 10, 2000 2:37 am

Even if you do have the right to speak, there's something in our country called "Consideration". I don;t know if they use that in Hong Kong, but its a very good way to get people to respect you.

United Airline
Topic Author

Re:

Tue Oct 10, 2000 2:46 am

I would say its better for someone to respect his own wordings than to ask someone to respect him. Dunno if this applies to you?

Anyway, I shall consider this to be a war soon and this wouldn't last very long since they are trying to delete our messages! OK? : )

Tue Oct 10, 2000 5:45 am

Flight numbers aside, I don't think it will be as warmly recieved as the CO EWR-HKG flight. New Yorkers demand performance, they want their money's worth, with UA's ontime woes, I don't think it will take long for the NY travelling public to avoid these flights. UA also doesn't have the feed that CO has in NY. CO is the largest carrier in NYC, and can use the EWR hub to feed passengers to HKG. UA is seriously lacking in feeder service with a few flights to JFK from IAD, SFO, and ORD. Not what I'd call a serious threat. I'm looking forward to UA's JFK-HKG flight, becuase when CO's flight is full, I can non-rev on UA's.  

Tue Oct 10, 2000 5:52 am

It will be an unqualified success. There is plenty of demand for CO and UA.

UA is better known in Hong Kong than United.

hkgspotter1

Ishky15 You Idiot.

Tue Oct 10, 2000 10:12 am

Hey Stupid, say one more thing about HKG and I'll come over to what ever hole you live in and kick your butt out.

If United Airlines wants to talk about this service he can, if you dont like it get out.

johnboy

Tue Oct 10, 2000 2:47 pm

I would think there's enough O & D traffic b/t the two cities that both CO's and UA's flights will be full.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos