KGRB

PHX Replacing T3, T4 And Road Signage

Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:31 am

I've been noticing a lot of work on the road signs, as I drive in to work everyday from I-10, so I did a little research and discovered that PHX will be replacing all of the signs, except for those in Terminal 2, by 2013. The following article from the Republic says that the new signs will be less confusing for first-time visitors and may even have airline logos, which are more recognizable to non-English speakers.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...tional-airport-new-road-signs.html

This is long overdue in my opinion. The current signs are confusing, as the article says, and many of them are very weathered and look bad.
Flown on 9E/AA/AL/CP/DL/EV/HP/MQ/NW/PT/OO/OH/UA/US/XJ/YV/YX/ZW

jcavinato

RE: PHX Replacing T3, T4 And Road Signage

Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:12 pm

It took me about six months of driving to and from PHX to finally get a map of it all in my mind and to reconcile the signs. I see a lot of obviously recently new people to the area having trouble, too. Each terminal has a different kind of approach. And, terminal 4 seems to be constantly undergoing some kind of change in road/building interface. But, the signs have always been clear. PHX is a great traveler and drop-off/pickup friendly airport.

The other airport with confusing signs and layout: EWR.

aztrainer

RE: PHX Replacing T3, T4 And Road Signage

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:52 pm

The sings are fine, but the problem is that people are doing 50+MPH in the left lane and then they realize that they need to get all of the way over to the right,

I have lived in PHX for 40 years and see the constant stream of unconsciousness in the drivers. They will wait until the last second to get in the proper lanes. Then they expect that you (the person that has been following the flow of traffic and are in the proper location) will simply allow them to bully their way in to the proper lane. IMHO

Quoting kgrb (Thread starter):
The following article from the Republic says that the new signs will be less confusing for first-time visitors and may even have airline logos, which are more recognizable to non-English speakers.

May be true, but then you will have them slam on their breaks to look at the signs.