LGWflyer
Topic Author

Will US Airways Stay At LGW For Good?

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:15 pm

With Delta leaving LGW for good after all these years here the big question now is will US Airways stay here for good? With US Airways soon to be the only US Carrier at LGW, can we see this as an advantage for them. I know many people who would prefer LGW over LHR and this could be one example... I do hope US Airways stays here! And actually the last flights I took where US out of LGW and I thought they were a good airline.

So will they stay and could they even expand? Wold be interesting to here your thoughts on this...

Thank You.  
3 words... I Love Aviation!!!

rutankrd

RE: Will US Airways Stay At LGW For Good?

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:26 pm

US have a contract with a Pharmaceutical company and remain at Gatwick to serve this.

That said recent news of the global scale back at SKB may have an impact an this and their Manchester services in the coming months.

kdhurst380

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:29 pm

They've certainly got an LGW monopoly, but whether people choose LGW over the much more vast choice ex LHR remains to be seen. There's definitely an air of preference towards airport from the experience point of view, but then in this economic climate, it's price competitiveness that ultimately wins the race.

I certainly hope so though.

boeing773er

Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:22 pm

I don't see US dropping LGW in the near future (5-10 years)

They have a monopoly on this route so why even bother changing it, I'm sure there are many people who live in London who prefer LGW over LHR.

Long term, I'm not exactly sure if US will remain at LGW but I guess time will tell.
Work Hard, Fly Right.

peanuts

Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Quoting LGWflyer (Thread starter):
for good?

Very strong, definitive words shouldn't be used in the airline business. It's a shaky industry...

US will probably stay... until the next merger, acquisition, Ch11. Long enough for ya?