Rafabozzolla
Topic Author

Brazilian Aviation News 13

Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:28 pm

As the previous thread is becoming too long with 250+ replies, something not good for our fellow members without fast speed internet connections, we are opening the thread # 13

Link to the previous one

Brazilian Aviation News 12 (by LipeGIG Sep 15 2011 in Civil Aviation)

Picking up where we left off

From CNForever:

"After GRU and GIG, CNF is for sure the third market in Brazil. There is a good mix of leisure and business traffic.
If it is high yield enough, I can only say that AA flies red eye both ways and parks the plane all day in the airport.
Only GRU, GIG and CNF have this privilege.

About one plane per route, many other airlines, work this way even to GRU and GIG.
AF, KL, IB, BA and LH to GIG. So it is not impossible for one of them to start in CNF flying with only one plane.

Regards"

It would be nice to see some competition. LIS is somewhat limited in terms of frequency and destinations. I'd rather see IB though so I could accrue on my AAdvantage account.

CNForever

RE: Brazilian Aviation News 13

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:20 pm

IMHO IB and MAD does not aggregates much more than TP and LIS.
What CNF needs to Europe, is a Global carrier with links worldwide.

In order of preference

BA - Maybe when LHR gets another runway and more slots. And TAM joins OW
LH - Due to their very conservative strategy and focus in ultra high yield mkts, Maybe in 2020...
AF - Has good chances due to the good O&D between CNF and CDG and adds some destinations in Asia and ME.

Rafabozzolla
Topic Author

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:48 am

Quoting CNForever (Reply 1):

I think that, at least as far as Europe is concerned, IB offers a lot more flexibility and a substantially more comprehensive network. You may have a point as far as long haul is concerned, but I don't think that's where the money is (at least not from CNF).

I agree with you about AF and LH. However, I don't see BA venturing into CNF at all. South America is little more than an afterthought for them. The only possibility I see for a CNF-LHR is with JJ. Still, even if they join Oneworld, MAD is much more likely to happen. The costs are much lower and the shorter stage lengths make it possible for an under 24 hour rotation using just one plane.

LipeGIG

Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:13 am

Trip will offer GRU-BEL 6x weekly E190

Austral will offer AEP-GRU daily E190

Azul to offer a daily POA-NVT-GIG daily E190

LH to downgauge GRU-MUC to A343 from A346, keep daily

IB to upgauge MAD-GRU daylight from A343 to A346, subject to ANAC approval

TAAG to offer LAD-GIG and LAD-GRU 3x weekly

Rumors that TAM will offer again GIG-FRA daily by November

AF to offer again B744 daily on CDG-GIG redeye service
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

SJOtoLIR

Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:24 am

Quoting LipeGIG (Reply 3):
Austral will offer AEP-GRU daily E190

The flight is currently operated by Aerolineas Argentinas into EZE-GRU; 4x weekly with 73G.
It will be gradually transferred to Austral on a daily basis with E90 on board E90 aircraft from July 02nd.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"

loalq

Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:40 am

Lipe, thanks for the info on EK, good to know they are doing well in GIG, they have quite a solid product and excellent connections to Asia via DXB. A much needed operator in GIG.

Also good to know that QR will fly to Rio as well, their business product is definitively the benchmark of the industry nowadays and expected to get even better with the new seats coming around. They just need to get the new DOH up and running QUICKLY, the current "bus station" solution there is not really good.

Regards!
"...this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped."

MAH4546

Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:08 am

Ten largest U.S.-Brazil O&D markets in 2011, JAN11-DEC11.

1) Miami-Sao Paulo
2) New York-Sao Paulo
3) New York-Rio de Janeiro
4) Miami-Rio de Janeiro
5) Miami-Brasilia
6) Los Angeles-Sao Paulo
7) Miami-Belo Horizonte
8) Chicago-Sao Paulo
9) Miami-Manaus
10) Houston-Rio de Janeiro

MIABSB market has exploded. At this rate it could overtake JFKGIG and MIAGIG; it's not far behind.
a.

LipeGIG

Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:39 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 6):

MIABSB market has exploded. At this rate it could overtake JFKGIG and MIAGIG; it's not far behind.

Probably if JJ makes MIA-BSB a daily flight later this year.
GIG is more diversified than BSB so it's not a surprise at all, and MIAGIG will be almost the same size in terms of seats of MIABSB.
Surprised to see LAXGRU as number 6 ahead of even DFWGRU, a route served non-stop sometimes even 11x weekly.

Rafabozzolla
Topic Author

Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:42 am

Quoting LipeGIG (Reply 7):
Surprised to see LAXGRU as number 6 ahead of even DFWGRU, a route served non-stop sometimes even 11x weekly.

This number seems to be for origin and destination. DFWGRU supports tons of connections.

MAH4546

Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:04 pm

a.

XA744

Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:46 pm

Hello all:

Well, as you may already know, Brazil and Mexico were having an important controversy over the total annual amount of cars, produced in Mexico, and that are imported by the South American nation. Some sort of agreement has been recently achieved, by which Mexico will severely slash the number of autos exported to the Brazilian market. The auto industry, in the bilateral commercial agenda of these two countries, represents a big chunk of the whole pie.

Now, do you guys think, this temporary situation, as the two governments of the countries in question put it, will somehow affect commercial air traffic between Brazil and Mexico ? I hope not.

Link to the a Reuters press release, for your perusal and reference:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...brazil-autos-idUSBRE82E1A820120315

Best regards
No matter how you fly...just never get your wings clipped !

XA744

Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Hello again:

Further to my previous post. By affecting commercial air traffic betwen Brazil and Mexico, I mean having an impact on frequencies and the number of seats offered by both, Aeroméxico and TAM, between GRU-MEX v v, only. Not talking about any other implications.

Best regards
No matter how you fly...just never get your wings clipped !

Neo

Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:09 pm

Quoting XA744 (Reply 10):
Hello all:

Well, as you may already know, Brazil and Mexico were having an important controversy over the total annual amount of cars, produced in Mexico, and that are imported by the South American nation. Some sort of agreement has been recently achieved, by which Mexico will severely slash the number of autos exported to the Brazilian market. The auto industry, in the bilateral commercial agenda of these two countries, represents a big chunk of the whole pie.

Now, do you guys think, this temporary situation, as the two governments of the countries in question put it, will somehow affect commercial air traffic between Brazil and Mexico ? I hope not.

Link to the a Reuters press release, for your perusal and reference:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...brazil-autos-idUSBRE82E1A820120315

Best regards

First of fall.. the auto exports won't be severely slashed... only capped to maximum value per year in order to maintain the auto trade between the 2 countries balanced and not deficitary on the Brazilian side as it is today.

I believe the effect on commercial air travel should be small and not impact the frequencies on the current flights as the commercial agenda is rather diverse and not so heavily dependent on auto commerce.

Rgs,
Neo

LipeGIG

Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Brazilian Airports - Jan/Feb 2012 - Jan/Feb 2011 - Change %

1º.GRU--- 5.482.221 --- 4.905.670 --- +11,75%
2º. GIG --- 2.986.020 --- 2.371.730 --- +25,90%
3º. BSB --- 2.488.102 --- 2.490.643 --- (0,10%)
4º. CGH --- 2.486.694 --- 2.454.645 --- +1,31%
5º. CNF --- 1.699.573 --- 1.389.244 --- +22,34%
6º. SSA --- 1.483.115 --- 1.550.834 --- (4,37%)
7º. VCP --- 1.432.790 --- 1.116.670 --- +28,31%
8º. POA --- 1.373.541 --- 1.178.060 --- +16,59%
9º. SDU --- 1.328.260 --- 1.258.477 --- +5,55%
10º REC --- 1.164.231 --- 1.127.995 --- +3,21%

Avianca

Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:18 am

just back from a CCS-GRU-CCS trip with JJ and I have to say I am surprised about the low level of service FA's served, specially surprise is that most FA's are not speaking at all English... is it common or was it only bad luck?

Cheers
Avianca
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

Rafabozzolla
Topic Author

Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:33 pm

Do you think that SSA's poor performance has to do with the security workers' strike?

LipeGIG

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:04 am

Quoting Avianca (Reply 14):
just back from a CCS-GRU-CCS trip with JJ and I have to say I am surprised about the low level of service FA's served, specially surprise is that most FA's are not speaking at all English... is it common or was it only bad luck?

Common on South American routes. They put their FA's that speaks English on long haul mostly.
The problem with Brazilian Aviation right now is that, too low expectation as TAM decided to become more of a Gol than a legacy airline. Poor domestic and regional service.

Quoting Rafabozzolla (Reply 15):
Do you think that SSA's poor performance has to do with the security workers' strike?

Yes , security forces strike could generate a small drop but i still believe there was a mistake during January. I hope they review the numbers as for me it is hard to believe SSA lose summer attactivity.

incitatus

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:45 pm

Your data is flawed.

Brasilienses and in particular Goianienses (many drive to BSB to fly longhaul) rely on travel agents to purchase tickets for longhaul travel on a greater extent than in other regions of Brazil. Because of this they appear over-represented in the data.
Stop pop up ads

rg787

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:31 pm

Quoting incitatus (Reply 17):
Brasilienses and in particular Goianienses (many drive to BSB to fly longhaul) rely on travel agents to purchase tickets for longhaul travel on a greater extent than in other regions of Brazil. Because of this they appear over-represented in the data.

I don't think so. I imagine the use of travel agents in Brasilia or Goiania is a lot smaller than it is in the North/Northeast. We have 2 757s and 1 767 flying here and well... I've been on one of those flights, and it was 100% full. Friends of mine have done so also, and said the same thing, even when flying to ATL. Brasilia has a great potential for international flying because it is a hub, and options are good. Lots of flights to every capital of Brazil everyday, flights to Europe, US and some South America destinations make it a very good connecting point and that's exactly what I have been seeing here. O&D is good, but no enough. Connections to Goiania in particular, are very common.

LipeGIG

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:35 am

In regards to the O&D BSB-MIA, i believe is more the fact that Rio O&D is not so focused on a beach place as it could be with BSB. Being also a beach city, Rio O&D probably is better shared among NYC, MCO and MIA.

Some interesting info on US Visa Issuance (Feb/2012) in Brazil. Seems they did a great job in Rio (we can't say that it is only the local market for each city)

Daily Applications (average)

BSB - 766
SAO - 2,236
RIO - 1,548
REC - 478
Total - 5,004

% Change from February 2011

BSB - +13%
SAO - +44%
RIO - +71%
REC - +13%
Average - +41%

Visas Processed per Month

BSB - 14,56
SAO - 42,496
RIO - 29,413
REC - 8,607

Total - 95,078

% Change from February 2011

BSB +13%
SAO +44%
RIO +71%
REC +7%
Average +41%

Visas Processed Year-to-Date

BSB - 25,567
SAO - 80,601
RIO - 59,462
REC - 15,738
Total - 181,318

% Change from 2011

BSB +27%
SAO +44%
RIO +95%
REC +5%
Average +49%

Current wait
time for appointment*

BSB - 2 days
SAO - 24 days
RIO - 2 days
REC - 23 days

source: http://brazil.usembassy.gov/releases...uary-2012-consular-statistics.html

incitatus

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:45 am

Quoting rg787 (Reply 18):
O&D is good, but no enough.

The list posted is about O&D and consists of travel agent bookings. You might want to look closer into what it means and what kinds of bias are present in the data.

Quoting LipeGIG (Reply 16):
Yes , security forces strike could generate a small drop but i still believe there was a mistake during January. I hope they review the numbers as for me it is hard to believe SSA lose summer attactivity.

Pretty much everyone I know in Brazil who can afford has traveled abroad in the last year, some multiple times. Hotel stays in Brazil are a rip off, so it seems plausible traffic in SSA is down.

Quoting LipeGIG (Reply 19):
In regards to the O&D BSB-MIA, i believe is more the fact that Rio O&D is not so focused on a beach place as it could be with BSB.

There are other reasons why BSB-MIA is overstated and GIG-MIA is understated. GIG gets more bookings from the US where travel agents are weaker. Like rg787 mentioned BSB is a good connecting point and a lot of it is done over separate tickets. Some connecting traffic in BSB is showing as starting in BSB.

GIG-MIA is a very important market, Rio and Miami share much more intense ties than Brasilia and Miami.
Stop pop up ads

MAH4546

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:50 am

Quoting incitatus (Reply 17):

Your data is flawed.

My data is not flawed. It's accurate. I'm sorry it doesn't represent what you would like it to say, but facts are facts. No doubt it includes leakage, but leakage doesn't over-represent the market. MIABSB is a huge local market, end of story.
a.

incitatus

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:24 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 21):
My data is not flawed. It's accurate.

Yes, it is an accurate reflection of agency bookings. One just can't trace a direct relationship between it and the size of a market without any caveats. In this case there are many.
Stop pop up ads

Rafabozzolla
Topic Author

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:33 am

Quoting incitatus (Reply 20):
Pretty much everyone I know in Brazil who can afford has traveled abroad in the last year, some multiple times. Hotel stays in Brazil are a rip off, so it seems plausible traffic in SSA is down.

I'm a good example myself. I refuse to vacation in Brazil if I have to spend more on a hotel night in Rio (violence, crappy transport, etc, etc, etc) than in Miami or, even LAX.

BTW, just because Rio is a beach city that does not mean Rio pax do not seek other beach destinations. It's a way of life. Cariocas look for the beach no matter where they are. It's essential for them.

LPSHobby

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Quoting Rafabozzolla (Reply 2):
I think that, at least as far as Europe is concerned, IB offers a lot more flexibility and a substantially more comprehensive network. You may have a point as far as long haul is concerned, but I don't think that's where the money is (at least not from CNF).

I agree with you about AF and LH. However, I don't see BA venturing into CNF at all. South America is little more than an afterthought for them. The only possibility I see for a CNF-LHR is with JJ. Still, even if they join Oneworld, MAD is much more likely to happen. The costs are much lower and the shorter stage lengths make it possible for an under 24 hour rotation using just one plane.

I still think an AF CNF-CDG would be the most logical and maybe the better for the passengers. Why? Because Paris is the number 1 city in Europe for brazilian tourits and I think it would have a good business demand too.
And I always think foreign airlines could perform international flights POA-CNF-abroad flights, in this case POA-CNF-CDG flight, with the Porto Alegre and Belo Horizonte demands in a single flight I can´t see why a flight like this could fail. And I think this could work for more than one route at the same time.

rg787

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Quoting LipeGIG (Reply 19):
Being also a beach city, Rio O&D probably is better shared among NYC, MCO and MIA.

Well, most people from Brasilia are not really staying in MIA, they often go to Orlando or even NYC, so that's not really a valid argument.

Quoting LPSHobby (Reply 24):
And I always think foreign airlines could perform international flights POA-CNF-abroad flights, in this case POA-CNF-CDG flight, with the Porto Alegre and Belo Horizonte demands in a single flight I can´t see why a flight like this could fail. And I think this could work for more than one route at the same time.

And why doing this when you can put the same plane into a hub like BSB and have the same passengers without flying the aircraft elsewhere? In BSB you get not only POA and CNF, but also any other city you may want, even Sao Paulo and Rio if the prices are better.

incitatus

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:53 pm

And I always think foreign airlines could perform international flights POA-CNF-abroad flights, in this case POA-CNF-CDG flight, with the Porto Alegre and Belo Horizonte demands in a single flight I can´t see why a flight like this could fail

It would fail.

CDG-CNF-POA can't be flown all the way with a single crew. That in itself will make the operation very expensive. Couple this with the inability to sell CNF-POA, which will hurt revenue.

From a traveler perspective, CDG-CNF-POA on AF is very similar to CDG-GRU/GIG-POA on JJ or CDG-LIS-POA on TP. AF will not have the nonstop edge on the CDG-POA market, so its market share will not be very good. On the connecting markets it will be worse, e.g., AF would sell LIN(Milan)-CDG-CNF-POA, TP would sell LIN-LIS-POA, JJ would sell MXP-GRU-POA. AF would have to systematically underprice competitors to get its product sold.

Though I believe CDG-CNF and CDG-POA are the largest non-GRU/GIG Europe-Brazil markets without nonstop service.
Stop pop up ads

santos

Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:16 am

If anyone is interested in passenger numbers for Portugal/Brazil Market, here is the report for January and February. Market still strong as ever.
(In Portuguese only)

http://www.presstur.com/site/news.asp?news=36107

CNForever

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:06 pm

Due to bad weather, BSB airport was closed this morning. Two international flights were diverted to CNF.
ATL-BSB e MIA-BSB. both operated by a 757.
This is not the first time it happens.

I wonder if this does not prove that the 757 can fly non stop from ATL to CNF?

Rgds.

C010T3

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:26 pm

Quoting CNForever (Reply 28):
I wonder if this does not prove that the 757 can fly non stop from ATL to CNF?

No, it doesn't. It proves that, in case of BSB airport closure, the aircraft can divert to another airport safely.

CNForever

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Quoting C010T3 (Reply 29):
No, it doesn't. It proves that, in case of BSB airport closure, the aircraft can divert to another airport safely.

And why in case of CNF closure the aircraft can not divert to BSB ?

Rafabozzolla
Topic Author

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:24 pm

Quoting CNForever (Reply 30):
And why in case of CNF closure the aircraft can not divert to BSB ?

Only if the diversion happens before reaching BSB. The plane would be in trouble if it had to fly past CNF to divert to a new airport.

incitatus

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Quoting Rafabozzolla (Reply 31):
Only if the diversion happens before reaching BSB. The plane would be in trouble if it had to fly past CNF to divert to a new airport.

Exactly -

Before departure a flight plan for ATL-BSB was made including a provision to reach BSB and then divert to CNF: 4170 + 380 mi = 4550 mi.

If DL were to fly ATL-CNF, the most likely diversion airport in the plan would be GIG: 4545 + 210 mi = 4755 mi.

The plan has to include fuel to reach the vicinity of the destination airport, then head to the alternative. BSB as an alternative to CNF in the flight plan would be a worse choice.

As is ATL-BSB is probably already subject to some sort of payload limitation.
Stop pop up ads

LPSHobby

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Quoting rg787 (Reply 25):
And I always think foreign airlines could perform international flights POA-CNF-abroad flights, in this case POA-CNF-CDG flight, with the Porto Alegre and Belo Horizonte demands in a single flight I can
[quote=rg787,reply=25]Quoting LPSHobby (Reply 24):

And why doing this when you can put the same plane into a hub like BSB and have the same passengers without flying the aircraft elsewhere? In BSB you get not only POA and CNF, but also any other city you may want, even Sao Paulo and Rio if the prices are better.

I am thinkhing about the passengers of the respective states of CNF (Minas Gerais) and POA ( Rio Grande do Sul). I think they can generate enough traffic to this flight, and this way CNF passengers would have a non-stop and POA wouldn´t need to make a connection, change plane, etc... just a stop in CNF without leave the plane, in both directions. As I said , I think these 2 regions are important enough to have their "own" flight to CDG.

[quote=incitatus,reply=26]Quoting LPSHobby (Reply 24):
And I always think foreign airlines could perform international flights POA-CNF-abroad flights, in this case POA-CNF-CDG flight, with the Porto Alegre and Belo Horizonte demands in a single flight I can´t see why a flight like this could fail

It would fail.

CDG-CNF-POA can't be flown all the way with a single crew. That in itself will make the operation very expensive. Couple this with the inability to sell CNF-POA, which will hurt revenue.

I think this is due to the duration of the flight, correct? But what about flights Buenos Aires-Europe, don´t they have similar duration?
About not selling CNF-POA I think the price of a travel from POA would´t be much different from traveling from CNF, in a way that the question of flying from POA to CNF with many blank seats wouldn´t change the flight revenue. They could manage the price for this.

From a traveler perspective, CDG-CNF-POA on AF is very similar to CDG-GRU/GIG-POA on JJ or CDG-LIS-POA on TP. AF will not have the nonstop edge on the CDG-POA market, so its market share will not be very good. On the connecting markets it will be worse, e.g., AF would sell LIN(Milan)-CDG-CNF-POA, TP would sell LIN-LIS-POA, JJ would sell MXP-GRU-POA. AF would have to systematically underprice competitors to get its product sold.

As I said before, the POA passengers wouldn´t need to change plane in a POA-CNF-CDG. And they would wait only the time the plane will stay in CNF, making a connection depending oo the times of the connections they could for sure wait more time.

incitatus

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Quoting LPSHobby (Reply 33):
As I said before, the POA passengers wouldn´t need to change plane in a POA-CNF-CDG. And they would wait only the time the plane will stay in CNF, making a connection depending oo the times of the connections they could for sure wait more time.

That is still an inferior service compared to a nonstop flight - it does not sell as well as a nonstop.

Quoting LPSHobby (Reply 33):
I think these 2 regions are important enough to have their "own" flight to CDG.

It is not about important, it is not even about filling up the flight. It is about making money. Both BH and PA are much weaker than Rio/SP when it comes to premium travel. Just having the passenger quantity won't do it.
Stop pop up ads

RAGAZZO777

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:39 pm

According to other aviation forums, LP is going to announce a new route to Brazil in April or early May. Will this be Rio ?
JESÚS, TE AMO !!

AF086

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Quoting RAGAZZO777 (Reply 35):
According to other aviation forums, LP is going to announce a new route to Brazil in April or early May. Will this be Rio ?

I doubt it. This LIM-GIG service is being rumoured for years and so far nothing. TA is doing well on the route but LAN doesn't seem to be interested.
Please insert a "smart" joke here.

leonardoq

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:16 am

what about no more G3 direct flights from POA-SCL?
Now there is a stopover in EZE or AEP i am not sure which one, but there is definetly a stopover in buenos aires... That is a real shame, i flew this flight once and apart from the inbound flight being really late and the outbound service being even later (at 2 am), i enjoyed not having to change planes in GRU or having a stop over somewhere else.

It is a real shame that G3 has dropped this service, hope some other airline can do it in the future.
JJ, G3, QF, DJ, TG, LA, AR, EY, EK, LH, JQ, VY, TP, TZ, TR, AA

LipeGIG

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:58 am

As the A380 left to SCL, Infraero says now that both GIG and GRU are A380 ready (still in need of some specific vehicles to reach the upper level).

Sol Paraguay confirmed plans for ASU-GRU and list as potential routes ASU-GIG and ASU-CWB. They will use F100's

G3 said to cut 8% of their domestic flights after published 4Q results. They had a small profit after tax reversals but presented operational loss.

Quoting leonardoq (Reply 37):
what about no more G3 direct flights from POA-SCL?

There's a true lack of the right product on Gol's hand. This is a perfect route for E-Jets !

Quoting AF086 (Reply 36):
I doubt it. This LIM-GIG service is being rumoured for years and so far nothing. TA is doing well on the route but LAN doesn't seem to be interested.

TA says thank you !
But i think sooner than later, Latam will focus on this route.

RAGAZZO777

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:11 am

Quoting LipeGIG (Reply 38):
TA says thank you !
But i think sooner than later, Latam will focus on this route.

Definitely and something tells me that the time has come for LP to launch flights to Rio. It's a route that makes sense given that both LIM and GIG are hubs of LATAM.
JESÚS, TE AMO !!

SJOtoLIR

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:21 am

Quoting LipeGIG (Reply 38):

TA says thank you !

Lack of competition for TA LIM-GIG since July 2008 !

Regards
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"

LipeGIG

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:27 am

Quoting SJOtoLIR (Reply 40):
Lack of competition for TA LIM-GIG since July 2008 !

Well, good for TA. They can schedule without problems the best equipment. If the demand is not so great on a given date, A319. If it is huge, A321.
No risk... money maker for sure.

It begins with promotional fares... nowadays, pray to get a good deal.

C010T3

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:45 am

Effective July 4th, G3 is cancelling its Wednesday GRU-CCS-PUJ service, so that it attains to the 11x weekly limitation for 5th freedom traffic in Venezuela. Effective June 29th, G3 timetable in Venezuela will be:

GRU-CCS-MIA* - 5x weekly
GRU-CCS-PUJ - 4x weekly
GRU-CCS-AUA - 2x weekly

http://www2.anac.gov.br/hotran/

*subject to the approval of the governments of the USA and Venezuela

C010T3

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:45 pm

G3's planned GRU-CCS-MIA service has been approved by the DOT:

http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=DOT-OST-2012-0039-0003

LipeGIG

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:15 am

US Embassy and Consulates in Brazil said 115,000 Visa were granted in March.
Considering all applications, around 5% were rejected.

Sao Paulo - 55.477 (+52% over 2011)
Rio de Janeiro - 34.379 (+103%)
Brasilia - 15.892 (+69%)
Recife - 9.521 (+14%)

Flights are very busy... and seems will continue like that !

PPVRA

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:33 am

Good thing TAM is putting those 77Ws on the MIA route. Amazing the pent up demand.
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

SCL767

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:14 am

On July 6, LAN will increase frequency on the SCL-GRU route to 40x weekly for a month. On July 6, LAN will also increase frequency between SCL and GIG to 3x daily. Starting on September 1, LAN will operate the SCL-GRU route 5x daily.

New year-round service:
LA774 SCL 09:05 GRU 13:55 (A320)
LA775 GRU 14:50 SCL 18:05 (A320)

New year-round service:
LA784 SCL 13:20 GIG 18:30 (A319/A320)
LA785 GIG 19:20 SCL 23:00 (A319/A320)

On July 1, LAN Perú will increase frequency on the LIM-GRU route to 2x daily. Furthermore, on October 22, LAN Perú will again increase frequency on the LIM-GRU route to 18x weekly, (B763 11x weekly, A319 daily).

Source: amadeus.net

AF086

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Quoting SCL767 (Reply 46):
New year-round service:
LA784 SCL 13:20 GIG 18:30 (A319/A320)
LA785 GIG 19:20 SCL 23:00 (A319/A320)

This flight is not new. LA operated it recently on a seasonal basis.

Quoting SCL767 (Reply 46):

On July 1, LAN Perú will increase frequency on the LIM-GRU route to 2x daily. Furthermore, on October 22, LAN Perú will again increase frequency on the LIM-GRU route to 18x weekly, (B763 11x weekly, A319 daily).

Still waiting for LP to fly to GIG. JJ is a joke when it comes to non-GRU international services launch so waiting for them is not an option.

In the mean time, TA sends their warmest thanks.
Please insert a "smart" joke here.

SCL767

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Quoting AF086 (Reply 47):
This flight is not new. LA operated it recently on a seasonal basis.

It will now operate on a year-round basis; thus LAN will offer three daily flights between SCL and GIG.

Quoting AF086 (Reply 47):
In the mean time, TA sends their warmest thanks.

TA will actually decrease frequency on the LIM-GRU route very soon; LAN sends its warmest wishes to them. TA will also discontinue its LIM-BSB route next month as well.

C010T3

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Quoting SCL767 (Reply 48):
TA will also discontinue its LIM-BSB route next month as well.

I don't know anything about that, but they will start SJO-BOG-BSB.