richiemo
Topic Author

Usage Of Frankfurt Remote Stands

Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:36 am

Switched planes in Frankfurt today. De-planed from my Luft Regional E190 via a remote stand, got on a bus back to the terminal for my flight to Newark. That made sense. But I noticed a lot of heavies at remote stands. United 777, Air Canada 763, etc. Is it common for heavies headed to international destinations to load/unload at remote stands at Frankfurt or are they just being serviced there on the layover, or combination of the two.

hhslax2

RE: Usage Of Frankfurt Remote Stands

Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:49 am

All the WBs that I've taken to FRA have unloaded at a remote stand. All WBs that I've left from FRA have loaded via jet bridge.

aloges

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:16 am

Quoting richiemo (Thread starter):
my flight to Newark.

UA 51? In that case, we were on the same flight.

Quoting richiemo (Thread starter):
Is it common for heavies headed to international destinations to load/unload at remote stands at Frankfurt

It is very common, but is set to become less so with the completion of the A+ pier. While I don't think I've boarded anyone but UA/CO via bus at FRA, I've had the same dubious pleasure at MUC on a LH flight to LAX.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

LOWS

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:31 am

Every time I've had the privilege of flying through Hesse's number-one airport in a wide body, we've used a gate. Mind that those were coming from the US and on LH.

Every time I've gone through on SZG-, VIE- and LHR-FRA we've had stands.

redzeppelin

Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:16 am

Last year I arrived at FRA on a DL 764 from DTW, and we unloaded via jet bridge. For the return, I departed FRA on an AF A318 to CDG, and we boarded at a remote stand.

blueflyer

Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:41 am

FRA has bridges? News to me, I always end up on a remote stand of some sort, and not just any remote stand, but the furthest, most isolated, saddest remote stand possible, entirely surrounded by freighters and pallets, you know, the one remote stand so far out that it takes so long to drive there from the runway I can fly to Paris in less time. I hate going through FRA in winter. Either I suffer through an overheated terminal, or I freeze walking up/down the stairs...
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has no clothes.