Luka
Topic Author

Ryanair To Montenegro

Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Looks like Ryanair is starting flights to a new market - Montenegro this summer. Apparently the routes are Brussels, Milan and London. I assume they will fly to Tivat on the Montenegrin coast but I remember the Montenegrin government wanted them to fly to Podgorica last year so we will see when the airline makes an official announcement.

http://exyuaviation.blogspot.com/201...anair-to-montenegro-from-june.html

jetsetter629

RE: Ryanair To Montenegro

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Tivat is surprisingly underserved when compared to DBV just down the coast. It seems the only flights you can get from Tivat are to Belgrade or Moscow...

jrn216

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Montenegro is slowly developing as a tourist destination so the addition of Ryanair flights would be both timely and welcome. It is a small step but one which has the ability to support tourism and stimulate the market.

I understand the government in Montenegro has given tourism development a very high priority in recent years and has invested heavily in new infrastructure to support the industry. When you consider the success of Croatia as a tourist destination in the Balkans, Montenegro with its equally beautiful Adriatic coastline should be an attractive destination for tourists.

Luka
Topic Author

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:09 am

Flights aren’t going to go ahead since FR is not happy with the terms of the contract http://bit.ly/HuUVme

I still don’t understand why on earth would they fly to Podgorica, a non-tourist town surrounded by mountains rather than Tivat which is on the Montenegrin coast and close to most of the resorts in the country.